Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 071crazy
I enjoyed your flawed economics reference. What does the recovery of an initial investment have to do with a lowering of prices? No connection at all.
Recover initial investments, Durangos, or the resellers, and lowered demand means you have a product standing around. Not moving the product means less profit then moving it with a lesser profit then could be made at the higher price. A penny each from 10 persons is more then 5 pennies from one. It's that easy. There have already been a reseller announcing a price cut in this thread, proving my point. However, feel free to tell me i'm wrong.

Next time, read the whole textbook.
By all means, do share your eternal knowledge.
B!
Old 12-30-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr B
Recover initial investments, Durangos, or the resellers, and lowered demand means you have a product standing around. Not moving the product means less profit then moving it with a lesser profit then could be made at the higher price. A penny each from 10 persons is more then 5 pennies from one. It's that easy. There have already been a reseller announcing a price cut in this thread, proving my point. However, feel free to tell me i'm wrong.
You are wrong. A lot of companies do not cut prices after "recover initial investments".

It's pretty amusing that you come up with these simplistic arguments when you have clearly don't understand much about basic economics or business. If you did, you would know that maximizing sales volume does not maximize profits.

If you need some good learning resources, PM me and I'll point you in the right direction.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Allan dont you have better things to do then start crap!! lol Will be lookin forward to beatin you next time i can come and race. With dnx408 of course!! Not my mbx6! DW
Old 12-30-2010, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

COuld we keep this thread based on the DNX 408 instead of this economics talk that does not need to be in here. If you want to discuss that, why not make a thread for it?

Anyway back on topic, TD do you have a ETA for the servo vibration pads?
Old 12-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

You are wrong.
Great argument, now i see your point much more clearly. Your opinion had eluded me before. Of course your right.

A lot of companies do not cut prices after "recover initial investments".
Funny, i could have sworn i stated recovered initial investments, and something... Darn it, now i cant remember what that other thing was.
No, if you don't realize that prices drop as initial investments are regained, [/i]and demand drops[/i], then your clueless. If your with me, or not doesn't make any difference.
Show me anyone that doesn't rather make 5 bucks in profit rather then no profit at all. Keep in mind no profit at all also means you have a paid item standing on a shelf that you actually invested in. So it's not just the 5 bucks, it's actually the investment and the 5 bucks your missing out on.

It's pretty amusing that you come up with these simplistic arguments when you have clearly don't understand much about basic economics or business. If you did, you would know that maximizing sales volume does not maximize profits.
No, whats amusing is that you apparently aren't reading what i write, but rather skip half the text, and replace it with pixie dust. Maximizing sale volume is of course not the way to maximize profit. Maximizing profit is. How? By finding the balance between how many you can sell, and how much people are willing to pay for them. After expenses have been done away with, you have profit. Right now a reseller has a high expense situation due to Durango having a limited supply. They also have a higher amount of buyers then kit's they can get access to. So, the reseller bases his price on stocking price, expenses as taxes, personnel fee's, rent, and everything else that running a store means you need to make to stay in business. On top of that, they simply add "what they dare to" to make a sale profitable. To much, and they wont sell, to little and they will sell out without making as much profit as they could. Right now, they sell out faster then they can restock, so prices are spot on, or to low. As first adopters get there kits, and other buyers are more skeptical about buying prices drop to make them interested. Both as a result of Durango having a larger stockpile of kits they want to move, and they drop prices, but also as a result of the shop them self making less profit on the kit. Key words being 'less profit', as compared with no profit. Again, maximizing profit is about balancing this right. And most shopkeepers are fairly good at this. And as such prices drop to keep supply and demand somewhat in balance while making good profit. Show me someone who rather make no profit while trying to make 100 bucks in profit for a item he has plenty of, rather then actually making 75 bucks of each, and moving anywhere from a few to a truckload. Well, other then you, that is.
B!
Old 12-30-2010, 04:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

this gets more and more painful everyday, some of us have this car and try to come on here for information
Old 12-30-2010, 04:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jland
this gets more and more painful everyday, some of us have this car and try to come on here for information
+1 ....keep this thread on topic.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

MR B
take this stuff to CNN or something know one wants to here it here if you don't like the price move the hell on and get yourself a redcat

Last edited by J.Whiting; 12-30-2010 at 05:08 PM. Reason: wording
Old 12-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingKarate757
+1 ....keep this thread on topic.
+1 keep on topic
Old 12-30-2010, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Great argument, now i see your point much more clearly. Your opinion had eluded me before. Of course your right.

Funny, i could have sworn i stated recovered initial investments, and something... Darn it, now i cant remember what that other thing was.
Show me anyone that doesn't rather make 5 bucks in profit rather then no profit at all. Keep in mind no profit at all also means you have a paid item standing on a shelf that you actually invested in. So it's not just the 5 bucks, it's actually the investment and the 5 bucks your missing out on.

No, whats amusing is that you apparently aren't reading what i write, but rather skip half the text, and replace it with pixie dust. Maximizing sale volume is of course not the way to maximize profit. Maximizing profit is. How? By finding the balance between how many you can sell, and how much people are willing to pay for them. After expenses have been done away with, you have profit. Right now a reseller has a high expense situation due to Durango having a limited supply. They also have a higher amount of buyers then kit's they can get access to. So, the reseller bases his price on stocking price, expenses as taxes, personnel fee's, rent, and everything else that running a store means you need to make to stay in business. On top of that, they simply add "what they dare to" to make a sale profitable. To much, and they wont sell, to little and they will sell out without making as much profit as they could. Right now, they sell out faster then they can restock, so prices are spot on, or to low. As first adopters get there kits, and other buyers are more skeptical about buying prices drop to make them interested. Both as a result of Durango having a larger stockpile of kits they want to move, and they drop prices, but also as a result of the shop them self making less profit on the kit. Key words being 'less profit', as compared with no profit. Again, maximizing profit is about balancing this right. And most shopkeepers are fairly good at this. And as such prices drop to keep supply and demand somewhat in balance while making good profit. Show me someone who rather make no profit while trying to make 100 bucks in profit for a item he has plenty of, rather then actually making 75 bucks of each, and moving anywhere from a few to a truckload. Well, other then you, that is.
B!
keep on topic of the durango car.. this thread is not a sales pitch in what they make or lose.. please move on from this thread unless you will be talking about setups/building tips... thank you...
Old 12-30-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks J
Old 12-30-2010, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

The more I look at this car, the more in love I become.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

appreciate all the work you are doing J.Whiting
Old 12-30-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by losi8ight2.0
Allan dont you have better things to do then start crap!! lol Will be lookin forward to beatin you next time i can come and race. With dnx408 of course!! Not my mbx6! DW
well! are you going to change your user name.lol
Old 12-30-2010, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by O'donnell racer
Thanks J
Originally Posted by kgombe
appreciate all the work you are doing J.Whiting
thanks guys.. just trying to keep ALL the threads as calm as i can..... we have alot of good members that have alot of really go info/ideas.. we just have a few ALL over the board that just want to start trouble.. slowly marcos.j matt m. and others are weeding them out... enjoy your thread.. jeremy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.