Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 12-29-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Yeah, was shocked when I looked at their parts list and the price's...thought the parts would be a over kill.....but not!
Old 12-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
Yeah, was shocked when I looked at their parts list and the price's...thought the parts would be a over kill.....but not!
+1
Old 12-29-2010, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr B
Oh yeah? Wanna bet? Currently it's about $850 here in Sweden. With reservations for the $ crashing and getting next to worthless, prices will be lower by the time summer is in full blazing glory. How much? That depends on the way the economy swings i guess.
You're in the wrong business if you are predicting price changes
Old 12-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Adept

that is a big + spares are so cheap!!! more money for beer!!!!
Old 12-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

any news on the truggy!!!!
Old 12-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by apex-racing
any news on the truggy!!!!
I called HRP yesterday they told me mid summer
Old 12-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
That looks very clean, great idea.
Thanks, it is the JR charge recepticle. I got is at the LHS. I use them on all my cars and they work awesome. I made a paper template, used a reamer to get the wholes started and use an Exacto to trim it all out. I am not sure if you have to use the JR switch, but that is what I used. The plug from the switch just snaps into the mount so it can be maintained etc.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I never realized how close the rear center-diff driveshaft was to the radio box..mine is basically touching, cannot slide a piece of paper between the two. Not a big deal or?? Surely there are others if not all like this. Dremel some down or let the normal wear and tear make its own room if need be.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

I have enough clearance. Check everything again.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI
Thanks, it is the JR charge recepticle. I got is at the LHS. I use them on all my cars and they work awesome. I made a paper template, used a reamer to get the wholes started and use an Exacto to trim it all out. I am not sure if you have to use the JR switch, but that is what I used. The plug from the switch just snaps into the mount so it can be maintained etc.

do you have a part# for that plug? and is it possible to wire without a switch?
thanks.....
Old 12-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ironpeddler
I never realized how close the rear center-diff driveshaft was to the radio box..mine is basically touching, cannot slide a piece of paper between the two. Not a big deal or?? Surely there are others if not all like this. Dremel some down or let the normal wear and tear make its own room if need be.
It's very close but it clears! Have no fear about it!
Old 12-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr B
Um... So? I mean, yeah, so what? A consistently fast, reliable driver can win with my old Protech Enigma XR, and the OS VZ-B stock+speed crank thats in it. Getting a pro driver to drive your stuff is simply the mater of paying enough, in benefits, or gold.
(Don't get me wrong, i like the Durango, still to expensive for me since I'm mostly bashing tho. I'll pick one up in the summer if the prices have gone down a bit. Quite a bit. A third, to half of the pricetag has to come of...)

B!
Team drivers are Great for our sport hobby what ever you want to call it they race and help develop the setups and help other drivers out at the track and make the sport hobby I love feel more like it did when I raced Motocross. Trust me its not all about the money, if a racer doesn't think he can win with what he has he will go some place else. There are only a few drivers that make a living racing RC and they not only drive but do R&D. So when you race every week like I do and go to big races and talk with the pros you will see why it is good for the sport hobby and the companies.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

how is this buggy for clean up.. looks like dirt would jamb inbetween the diff and the aluminum diff/a-arm holder.

if they had a truggy i think it would be a hard pick for me... MBX6T or.. the new truggy
Old 12-30-2010, 12:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sirio76
I can't understand why you can not order from team durango on line shop... it will be only 536euros +about 50 for shipping to Sweden, it's only 580euros and I don't understand why somebody would like to spend 70 euros(about 100$) more then necessary.
Funny. I thought i explained that already. When/if i get one, i'll need a new engine, a spare, a radio kit, some wheels, and so on. That means that even as the ride on it's own is slightly cheaper directly from TD's site, the over all price is the same since i'd have to pay shipping for 2 packages instead of the one. It's not about wanting to spend more, it's about ending up spending the same amount. And, either way, it's not an option at this point, not getting a new ride for at least another 4-6 months.
B!
Old 12-30-2010, 02:45 AM
Tech Addict

Default Feedback for Team Durango

Hey TD!

the DNX408 finally arrived on Philippine shores before Christmas, and I was lucky enough to be among the first few to get my hands on it thanks to Action Hobbies. Built it over the Christmas holidays, but unfortunately, the rains have kept me from getting it properly tested at the Junkyard Racetrack. I haven't been in this hobby long -- having just gotten back into the hobby mid-year -- but this is probably the 20th kit I've built, and my third nitro buggy, so with that context, just a bit of feedback from the build and the less than 1 tank of testing I was able to get in:

- for the price of the kit, the plastic parts should come sorted into lettered bags as well. Having it all in one bag just doesn't work: after getting joshed around in shipping, the parts come off the sheet, and you find yourself with quite a few parts mixed together in one bag. the instructions don't help either, with the sheet number indicated but not the part number within the sheet
- there are 2 screws used to mount the receiver/battery cover to the radio tray which needs a 1mm hex driver, and the kit i got didn't come with 1mm hex and it's near impossible to find that tool. this has got to go man. 1.5mm up!
- the stand (330123) which holds the swivel for the linkages to the throttle and brakes is made of plastic, and if you're not careful in setting your end-points, this will flex. For a control point, this flex is something I'd rather not see. Please consider making this in aluminum too. is an aluminum hop-up coming out?
- I noticed that there are many similarities with the SErpent, and the metal electronics tray is one of them. Some of the guys at the track pointed out that with both servos lying on their sides on the radio tray, the life of those servos won't be long with all the pounding and vibration that comes with off-road racing. a quick fix is to get some rubber in between the radio tray and chassis, but i do hope that you guys will come up with a bespoke solution soon. what did Lutz and co experience in that regard in Pattaya?
- Clearly the 408 is for those "Serious About Racing", and have built enough kits to make building intuitive, but a bit more textual instructions and tips in the manual wouldn't hurt, especially in bringing in those without as many laps under their belt.

Otherwise, I'm happy with the car I've built, and can't wait for better weather to get some serious laps in. Can't wait as well for your 1/8 electric buggy!

Cheers!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.