Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kbrunsden
Elliott Boots joins team Durango
Um... So? I mean, yeah, so what? A consistently fast, reliable driver can win with my old Protech Enigma XR, and the OS VZ-B stock+speed crank thats in it. Getting a pro driver to drive your stuff is simply the mater of paying enough, in benefits, or gold.
(Don't get me wrong, i like the Durango, still to expensive for me since I'm mostly bashing tho. I'll pick one up in the summer if the prices have gone down a bit. Quite a bit. A third, to half of the pricetag has to come of...)

B!
Old 12-29-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

what size ascendency clutch are you guys running and what clutch bell..does the stock TD bell work
Old 12-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by getpip
Does that servo sit as close to the motor as it looks?
Yes it does. I need to put some heat tape on the bottom of the servo. I did run the car for 50 mins continous on sun. I was in a 15 min b main and bumped to the 25 min a main back to back. With warmup the engine was running hard for 50 mins and no issues whatsoever. But I agree it is close.

Originally Posted by ironpeddler
The losi springs that fit the 408. The colors codes are the same for losi as they are for TD?? The red losi spring has the same spring rate as the red Durango spring??
Not sure if they are the same. When I measure the wire the blk Losi spring is the same thickness as the blue stock dnx spring andthe green Losi spring is softer.

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
Hey Frank...looks like a thin plastic ...like ur credit card cut and fitted around the servo side of the tank will help with the fuel spills ....looks like you can mount it to the front chassis brace. kinda looks like a easy fix.
Thanks I will try that.

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
Frank...what is the size of your RX? Im running a spektrum sr 300 pro its older and the size is 15mm t....27 mm w....and 41mm long wounder if yours is smaller? I do have a much smaller spektrum RX, but havent track tested yet.
The ko 409 measures 30longx28tallx18.5wide
The prob is how high the servo wires sit up. If the box was 5mm taller or wider it would be fine.

I just opened the box and the servo wires won't last long like I had them. I have to figure out something else.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Addict

Here is how I installed my charging jack in the RX box. If you take your time, there is enough room for everything and it fits neatly and compact.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Addict

ands
Originally Posted by Mr B
Um... So? I mean, yeah, so what? A consistently fast, reliable driver can win with my old Protech Enigma XR, and the OS VZ-B stock+speed crank thats in it. Getting a pro driver to drive your stuff is simply the mater of paying enough, in benefits, or gold.
(Don't get me wrong, i like the Durango, still to expensive for me since I'm mostly bashing tho. I'll pick one up in the summer if the prices have gone down a bit. Quite a bit. A third, to half of the pricetag has to come of...)

B!
You have no clue what you are talking about. Most Pro racers will try and select a car they WANT to run. Most Pro RC racers get paid nothing, just free equipment or discounts etc. The few that make a living doing this are not making hundreds of thousands of dolllars and need more than the Car manufacturer to get bye. They need their motor, radio, fuel sponsors etc to make it and help with their traveling.

I used to sponsor several racers so I have some experience with this.

The price of the car is not coming down, it is a RACE vehicle with high quality parts. It is not a basher.

The car to me is worth every penny, I am getting a 410 soon and the truggy when it hits.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI
Most Pro RC racers get paid nothing, just free equipment etc.
This is refered to as "benefits". No clue you said?... Right.

The price of the car is not coming down, it is a RACE vehicle with high quality parts. It is not a basher.
Oh yeah? Wanna bet? Currently it's about $850 here in Sweden. With reservations for the $ crashing and getting next to worthless, prices will be lower by the time summer is in full blazing glory. How much? That depends on the way the economy swings i guess. (Oh, and i fail to see where your coming from claiming that bashers cant be made with quality parts...)
B!
Old 12-29-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

850$??? Sweden it's still a European country, and here in Europe the 408 cost no more than 550euros(about 700$) maybe less... You can order directly from TD on their site for 536euros + shipping.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is refered to as "benefits". No clue you said?... Right.

Oh yeah? Wanna bet? Currently it's about $850 here in Sweden. With reservations for the $ crashing and getting next to worthless, prices will be lower by the time summer is in full blazing glory. How much? That depends on the way the economy swings i guess. (Oh, and i fail to see where your coming from claiming that bashers cant be made with quality parts...)
B!
Don't agrue with Teenagers. LOL

Oh yea....yea....I double dog dare you....LOL

Nevermind.........
Old 12-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sirio76
850$??? Sweden it's still a European country, and here in Europe the 408 cost no more than 550euros(about 700$) maybe less... You can order directly from TD on their site for 536euros + shipping.
The only reseller in Sweden i know of is currently 650Ä/$850+shipping. You cant really race a car alone, and with shipping it's just a bit shy of the 650'ish. So combine shipping for the new engine servos and the rest you need to get a new kit together, and your not going to see a price difference in the end. So i'm not really sure how your suggestion is going to make the car cheaper for the Swedish buyer. Hence, i'm pretty sure the price will drop once they have some chassis that have been on a shelf for a couple of weeks.
Remind me, and i'll update when the time comes...
B!
Old 12-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Price in sweden

We take 785us dollar with free shipping in sweden
Old 12-29-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default antisquat and kickup adjustments

Hey guys,

Considering adding a dnx to the stable. I have the dex 410 it is an absolute beast. Having the Big brother would be cool.

How is antisquat and kickup adjusted?
Old 12-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by UmeŚ RC
We take 785us dollar with free shipping in sweden
Not a bad price cut... I was using your price as a reference b4 as well, all tho, i used coinmill for the currency conversion rather then your built in system. (didn't know you had one)
B!
Old 12-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Dr. LOVE thanks for the ...honest...posts, the good and the bad, the bad just seems like little things. How many screws hold the front of the back brace on? Thing looks thick enough to add screws where you want and just get rid of that one.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Here is how I installed my charging jack in the RX box. If you take your time, there is enough room for everything and it fits neatly and compact.
That looks very clean, great idea.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

The only reseller in Sweden i know of is currently 650Ä/$850+shipping. You cant really race a car alone, and with shipping it's just a bit shy of the 650'ish. So combine shipping for the new engine servos and the rest you need to get a new kit together, and your not going to see a price difference in the end. So i'm not really sure how your suggestion is going to make the car cheaper for the Swedish buyer. Hence, i'm pretty sure the price will drop once they have some chassis that have been on a shelf for a couple of weeks.
Remind me, and i'll update when the time comes...
B!
I can't understand why you can not order from team durango on line shop... it will be only 536euros +about 50 for shipping to Sweden, it's only 580euros and I don't understand why somebody would like to spend 70 euros(about 100$) more then necessary. I live in Italy and here we don't have all the spare part in shop from the official reseller, I've simply ordered the spare I need from TD and I'll get my spare parts in a couple of days...really can't see where is the problem...and also spare parts from TD are very cheap, now I run a kyosho mp9e and the spare price is twice as much the one from durango.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.