Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 04:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by PlanB
Keep the stock flywheel if you want to make things easier. Stock flywheel is 36mm and it is hard to find a cheap alternative. Some people doing some dremel job to make possible to use 34mm.

Plastics are almost impossible to break. I'm a noob driver and crashed million times but nothing happened. I have a huge stock of plastics but couldn't use any of them. I would say weakest parts are driveshafts, one wrong jump with throttle landing and you will have a bended front driveshaft. Unfortunately, it is not easy to find front driveshafts.

Excellent to hear! One more for you pros. Tried installing a motor on it and the screws for the backplate are hitting that middle rear brace and can't get it over enough to get the screws in to mount motor. Did a quick Google last night and read some are dremmeling the middle brace out abit to make room. Is this the only option?
The motor is a dynamite .24xp. Not exactly the engine I want to use in it but wanted to just get my servos all set up and in working order
Old 01-06-2017, 11:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Some guys changed their screws with flat ones but I don't think it will work for you and are you sure that engine going to fit?
Old 01-06-2017, 08:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yep I changed my screw and had to counter sink the hole in the backplate to make it flush with it.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by burnnitro
yep I changed my screw and had to counter sink the hole in the backplate to make it flush with it.

Do you guys know if the front/rear diffs are the same parts in v1 and V2?
Old 01-28-2017, 01:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Yes... They didn't change.

Last edited by PlanB; 02-26-2017 at 12:12 AM.