Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

Thank you so much for posting those pictures transplantlife!
Much appreciated.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by DRCRacer299
I run the JVD clutch which is basically the same thing. Yes it is 34mm and yes it is a direct fit.
Ryan, But will I be having a hard time starting it with an ofna box? The flywheel hole seems a little small if i try to use a 34 mm flywheel? I read somewhere a guy made the hole bigger to accomodate a 34mm...
Old 12-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by oggietiu
Ryan, But will I be having a hard time starting it with an ofna box? The flywheel hole seems a little small if i try to use a 34 mm flywheel? I read somewhere a guy made the hole bigger to accomodate a 34mm...
If it's the newer style OFNA truggy starter box it will just work without modification. But you have to have it lined up perfectly.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Think team durango said they will be making a few changes....like a mod to the rear brace and maybe a bigger or taller radio box, if so....how soon?
Old 12-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Thank you so much for posting those pictures transplantlife!
Much appreciated.
Ryan, Welcome hope you dont mind me posting pics of your car
Old 12-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ryan I see your engine is signed. Is that a mod Alpha or is it just signed because it's yours??? And I like the OS Carb, my friends ran a Novarossi carb and it worked killer also on the Alpha.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Thanks for the quick replies guys, much appreciated. I will break out the dremmel and cautiously take to the rear brace.

Thanks for the set up information as well. Very useful. Will try it with 10,10, 5 at this weekends race and see how it goes. Really looking forward to seeing how it drives.

Great for this thread to be back on topic. This is only my second ever buggy after moving from the MBX6. For a while there I was wondering if it was the right choice!. I think this is an exciting car.

The other big plus for me and team Durango is having someone like Ryan Lutz as a team driver. It is great to get advice from a team driver like this and especially from the TD team. The thing that has amazed me with this sport (my wife takes excpetion to the use of this word!) is the number of team drivers who offer no advice to other racers. We maybe plebes but we enjoy the racing and the friendship from rc racing, plus it is the likes of us that keep the rc companies going.

Well done TD and Ryan. This is one of the main reasons for getting a DNX408.

Happy holidays.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
Ryan I see your engine is signed. Is that a mod Alpha or is it just signed because it's yours???
Hey Marcus,
The engine is signed by Jimmy Wright with Trackstar Racer Services. He was kind enough to break in my engine for me as he goes through it to make sure its clean inside before running it. Also seals it up real good. Not modded however.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Marcus,
The engine is signed by Jimmy Wright with Trackstar Racer Services. He was kind enough to break in my engine for me as he goes through it to make sure its clean inside before running it. Also seals it up real good. Not modded however.
Thats cool. Are you going to Airtronics at Rev on the 15th I cant wait to see you wheel the new ride in person.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
Thats cool. Are you going to Airtronics at Rev on the 15th I cant wait to see you wheel the new ride in person.
Don't think so...Thats a good 7 hour drive for me. Plus will be preparing for a 2 week trip that i'm leaving for on the 19th. Ohio and directly to Taiwan after!
Old 12-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Don't think so...Thats a good 7 hour drive for me. Plus will be preparing for a 2 week trip that i'm leaving for on the 19th. Ohio and directly to Taiwan after!
Cool good luck at the races, I will see ya at Nitro Challenge.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Option parts are not yet available off Amain. Other parts as well.

I am in need of a mid drive shaft set (td210022). I managed to strip the set screw for the pin that hold the pinion. Need to remove the pin to get to the bearing which i want to service every meet. Its not available in amain or in the TD website.

Hey TD, when do you think amain will stock the complete parts for the kit? Even at your site some items are out of stock.

Also can some one let us know the spring rate for the optional springs for the shocks. which are soft, medium and hard? Theres a table there that say that the black ones are the lowest spring rate. Is the shock spring included in the kit is the black one? therefore softest of them all. I find it too stiff already and need something softer.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

If it's the newer style OFNA truggy starter box it will just work without modification. But you have to have it lined up perfectly.
Thanks, ill try it first. I was on JDV clutch for so long i forgot to do the whole 3 shoe setup to hook up. I dont have the tools for it already so i used getto style flat head screw and pliers.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oggietiu
Thanks, ill try it first. I was on JDV clutch for so long i forgot to do the whole 3 shoe setup to hook up. I dont have the tools for it already so i used getto style flat head screw and pliers.
Looks like Team Durango could add another option part for the DNX408.

A 4-Shoe/36mmFlywheel Clutch?

Also, I see that Kyle McBride has now joined Team Durango. Kyle finished 4th at the Worlds.

Does this mean that Kyle is Team Durango's , #1 Driver.

Just Kidding. I have to Drive against him each weekend. Looks like Kyle and Scotty are going to get sick of me soon, asking all kinds of Stupid questions.

1 Hell of a Team Durango is Building.

Keep up the Good Work.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well said Retro!

I'm waiting for my Durango to come in the mail (stupid snow storms in Europe) but, have been reading here for info/tips on the build and setup of this great new car. The last few pages have been very hard to read with all the BS. To be completly honnest I could car less about the JQ car, I didn't buy it! Not to say it is or isn't a good car, I just prefer the Durango. 1/8 GP buggy is one of the biggest classes of RC racing now and there a ton of great cars in the market currently. Most drivers couldn't go wrong with just about any car out there. In most cases it's the driver that makes the biggest diffeance on the track.

Sorry for my rant

Has anyone had fitting issues with the Orion motors?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.