Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 12-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Poinas2
LOSI diffs fits. If you want you can take a LOSI diff and just swap the ring gear. I did that but did not check if you could use also the losi ring gear.
Do you then use lighter fluids like losi or heavy like a durango?
Old 12-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by infanterene
Do you then use lighter fluids like losi or heavy like a durango?
FWIW With the Losi, the fluid weights for setup did not change weather you use stock or HD diff cups so my guess would be it would stay the same.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just wanted to say that i will never buy THE CAR!!! After the way i see you guys talk poop about dnx408! And now i am selling dnx408 off cause cant stand the way they are!! So now you guys killed THE CAR for me and they killed dnx408 for me!! Will just go back to mbx6 and be happy!!! Thanks to all that ruin both cars for me!!!!

Last edited by J.Whiting; 12-28-2010 at 05:44 PM. Reason: language
Old 12-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by apex-racing
front are rear breaks on the outside of the pad.....
Shims problem does not exist, it seams that there is a bit more thread you can use inside the hole where the pad screw go, the problem is the screw itself that have a bit less fillet, but if you try to force it and screw it 1/2 turn than unscrew and re-screw it 1/2 turn again and continuing up to get the right gap between the pads you will find your way you can see mine in the pics below!! Durango problems -1!!!

Good work

Sorry for my not perfect english..
Attached Thumbnails Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-img_0076.jpg   Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-img_0072.jpg  
Old 12-28-2010, 04:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by losi8ight2.0
Just wanted to say that i will never buy THE CAR!!! After the way i see you guys talk poop about dnx408! And now i am selling dnx408 off cause cant stand the way they are!! So now you guys killed THE CAR for me and they killed dnx408 for me!! Will just go back to mbx6 and be happy!!! Thanks to all that ruin both cars for me!!!!
sorry to hear that dude!

Last edited by J.Whiting; 12-28-2010 at 05:45 PM. Reason: landuage
Old 12-28-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mazzinga
Shims problem does not exist, it seams that there is a bit more thread you can use inside the hole where the pad screw go, the problem is the screw itself that have a bit less fillet, but if you try to force it and screw it 1/2 turn than unscrew and re-screw it 1/2 turn again and continuing up to get the right gap between the pads you will find your way you can see mine in the pics below!! Durango problems -1!!!

Good work

Sorry for my not perfect english..
cool!
Old 12-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vieri
Anyone tried an Ascendancy clutch (34 mm) and can confirm if it works or not? I got one laying around and would love to be able to use it when I'll finally put my hands on my 408
I run the JVD clutch which is basically the same thing. Yes it is 34mm and yes it is a direct fit.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

how much for your dnx408 ?

Last edited by J.Whiting; 12-28-2010 at 05:45 PM. Reason: language
Old 12-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Tech Adept

Best move you will ever make, the MBX6 is quick enough for 3rd!!!! not 34th!!!!

Last edited by J.Whiting; 12-28-2010 at 05:45 PM. Reason: language
Old 12-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DRCRacer299
Yes, Ryan LutZ will be at the midwest Nitro champs this year. :-)
thanks for letting us know ryan curt and shane were wondering if you were going to make they had not saw you sign up bring your ss girdiorns inpacts and wishbones
Old 12-28-2010, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by apex-racing
sorry to hear that dude!
Sorry to hear it too- but seriously - basing whether you keep a car or not on what is said on a forum thread (especially when it is so childish like in the last few pages) is crazy! No matter what the brand.

Ignore the rubbish and take notice of what suits you. I presume you bought the Durango and or JQ because you liked it - dont let internet warriors (who rarely represent the manufacturer) cloud your judgement.

Lets keep it about the cars and set up and helping eachother - not carrying on like kids playing with toy cars......................oh wait!

If you dont have something constructive to say - dont bother, thats what I was always taught.

Cheers

Darryn

Last edited by J.Whiting; 12-28-2010 at 05:46 PM. Reason: punctuation/ language
Old 12-28-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Addict

Sorry for the spelling, I am on my phone.

That is a silly reason to sell a car. You should have kept that to yourself.

Factoryteam08' how old are you? You sure spend allot of time on here? Between you and a few others, i would say school must be out on break. Lol.

Whatever anyone thinks about Durango, remember.....they are new to RC and have built a higher quality car than companies that have been doing this fo4 25 years.

AE can't even make a damn fuel tank
Losi.....well we all know it's issues
Xray makes a new car every freaking year.
Mugens are excellent cars, and so is kyosho.
Etc etc

They are all good cars, all have some issue. To dog during, JQ is just being a child. It really makes you look like an ass. Why all the smart ass comments?

These new cars are fun me, something different and a challenge.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI
Sorry for the spelling, I am on my phone.

That is a silly reason to sell a car. You should have kept that to yourself.

Factoryteam08' how old are you? You sure spend allot of time on here? Between you and a few others, i would say school must be out on break. Lol.

Whatever anyone thinks about Durango, remember.....they are new to RC and have built a higher quality car than companies that have been doing this fo4 25 years.

AE can't even make a damn fuel tank
Losi.....well we all know it's issues
Xray makes a new car every freaking year.
Mugens are excellent cars, and so is kyosho.
Etc etc

They are all good cars, all have some issue. To dog during, JQ is just being a child. It really makes you look like an ass. Why all the smart ass comments?

These new cars are fun me, something different and a challenge.
i talked to jq today about things.. he is going to make a post sometime in the next day or so... i will be watching both threads.... jeremy

Last edited by J.Whiting; 12-28-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It is really beyond me why a designer/owner of a certain brand comes into another brand's thread to defend his product there...

Why all the defensive and smarta$$ posts? Isn't the product itself good enough to defend itself?

The proof of the pudding's in the eating, there is no need to hard sale anything here, we are all intelligent enough to know the good from the bad...
Old 12-28-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

hows this buggy handle in the loose dusty tracks? looked good in franks vid. on a high bite blue groove track.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.