Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by av4625
its the piston comin up and hitting the bladder as i always used to break the bladder and if u were running vented caps the oil went everywere but i run losi bladers an the fuel tubing with no problems
Good info thanks. The fuel tubing limiters is the missing piece of the puzzle. I destroyed multiple bladders after switching to vented caps. I got so sick of it (and the mess) that I went back to normal caps.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:53 AM
Tech Champion

Sounds like the shocks need a travel limiter on the shock shaft...something the engineers should be looking into for sure. Using fuel tube in the bladder is a great work around but this really should be fixed by the factory. Possibly they could look at integrating the boot with the limiters since the boots ripping are also a problem.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tobamiester
Good info thanks. The fuel tubing limiters is the missing piece of the puzzle. I destroyed multiple bladders after switching to vented caps. I got so sick of it (and the mess) that I went back to normal caps.
I still run the normal caps as the car is running well with them and if anything ever happened during a final it can really reck your race if running vented caps! My spare shocks have the vented caps, with the foam compensator with mugen bladders as they are completely different, they are like a dome, they also seemed to work ok but the best piston and oil combo that i found were in the normal caps and i kept it that way to be safe.

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Sounds like the shocks need a travel limiter on the shock shaft...something the engineers should be looking into for sure. Using fuel tube in the bladder is a great work around but this really should be fixed by the factory. Possibly they could look at integrating the boot with the limiters since the boots ripping are also a problem.
Emm the fuel tubing is on the shock shaft outside the shock like a travel limiter, it isnt in the bladder??
Old 05-29-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Running the fuel tubing is not the solution. This is going to affect your droop on the car too. When I had my car, Durango did come out with updated bladders and I never had an issue after that.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:35 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
Running the fuel tubing is not the solution. This is going to affect your droop on the car too. When I had my car, Durango did come out with updated bladders and I never had an issue after that.
How would running tubing on the shock shaft outside the shock affect droop ?
Old 05-29-2013, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Don't they make up travel shock clips that you can just clip on? RPM makes it for 10th scale. And FG modelsport and RS5 have those shock clips that will fit the 8th scale shock shafts. I think its easier than fuel tubing. Let me double check if they fit. I have a 5th scale car at home.. I will just test fit them tonight.

http://www.fgsupply.com/7000-7999-Ad...iting_set.html

Or another method would be to slip on used o-Rings. it should be easy to slip them on and off to adjust it. Cause depending on which lower arm hole you use, you will have to have different up travel limits.

Last edited by Dino_D; 05-29-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Tech Champion

Emm the fuel tubing is on the shock shaft outside the shock like a travel limiter, it isnt in the bladder??
D'oh I missed that...had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled yesterday so kinda drugged up.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
D'oh I missed that...had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled yesterday so kinda drugged up.
HAHA
Old 05-29-2013, 06:46 PM
Tech Regular

+1 it does nothing to droop! I only screw the shock bottom up about 3/4 of the threads so i can get droop especially on the front when running on the outside hole on the arm and with the new castor blocks, the fuel tubing has to cover the remaining threads and a little more!

Originally Posted by jmackani
Running fuel tubing on the outside of the shock is the solution try it and you will see
Old 05-29-2013, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

Default Vented caps - shock limiters

+1 it does nothing to droop! I only screw the shock bottom up about 3/4 of the threads so i can get droop especially on the front when running on the outside hole on the arm and with the new castor blocks, the fuel tubing has to cover the remaining threads and a little more!

Running fuel tubing on the outside of the shock is the solution try it and you will see

Hello guys, just want to share my experience from when I use to drive this car:

- VENTED CAPS, I have achieved my best setups and results using vented caps and losi bladders, my shocks were just more consistent and predictable all the time.
- SHOCK LIMITERS, As soon as I start using vented caps I notice that this can make some damage to the bladders and messed up all the oil in the shock so I limit the up travel in several ways, the best one for me was to use the end of a plastic rod and slice it 2-3 mm thick, then just put it before the shock rod end and this way is like having a larger rod on each shock.
I have tried fuel tubing but it just don't last enough and tends to compress to much on big jumps, I also tried o-rings and worked better than the fuel tubing and are easier to put on the shaft but tend to squezze on the spring cup from time to time.

I drove this car for about 14 months long, from v1 to v2 chassis.
Good luck!
Old 05-30-2013, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cartodinamo
Hello guys, just want to share my experience from when I use to drive this car:

- VENTED CAPS, I have achieved my best setups and results using vented caps and losi bladders, my shocks were just more consistent and predictable all the time.
- SHOCK LIMITERS, As soon as I start using vented caps I notice that this can make some damage to the bladders and messed up all the oil in the shock so I limit the up travel in several ways, the best one for me was to use the end of a plastic rod and slice it 2-3 mm thick, then just put it before the shock rod end and this way is like having a larger rod on each shock.
I have tried fuel tubing but it just don't last enough and tends to compress to much on big jumps, I also tried o-rings and worked better than the fuel tubing and are easier to put on the shaft but tend to squezze on the spring cup from time to time.

I drove this car for about 14 months long, from v1 to v2 chassis.
Good luck!
did you run foams? if so where they TD or losi foams in the vented caps,

For the limiter the plastic tube dea is good as long as it doesnt damage the red cap on the shock i like the fuel tubing as its a little more cusioning but it doest compress as much as o rings and ive seen o rings rip for others, personally i use the TD HD fuel tubing or losi tubing and it is pretty strong and doesnt seem to compress as my bladders are always perfect now, although they will tear/rip after maybe 7 or 8 meetings but its not hard to get another couple mm of tubing just my experience that worked for me!
Old 05-30-2013, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

did you run foams? if so where they TD or losi foams in the vented caps,

For the limiter the plastic tube dea is good as long as it doesnt damage the red cap on the shock i like the fuel tubing as its a little more cusioning but it doest compress as much as o rings and ive seen o rings rip for others, personally i use the TD HD fuel tubing or losi tubing and it is pretty strong and doesnt seem to compress as my bladders are always perfect now, although they will tear/rip after maybe 7 or 8 meetings but its not hard to get another couple mm of tubing just my experience that worked for me!
I used losi foams, the limiters have to be used between the shock rod end and the spring cup, if you use it between the spring cup and the shock body you are putting unnecesary stress on the shock bushing during hard landings even if you use fuel tubing or o-rings, thats my experience.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cartodinamo
I used losi foams, the limiters have to be used between the shock rod end and the spring cup, if you use it between the spring cup and the shock body you are putting unnecesary stress on the shock bushing during hard landings even if you use fuel tubing or o-rings, thats my experience.
I slide the tubing up but the spring bucket on then make sure the tubing is back down to the bottom sort of in the spring bucket i wud be scared of the spring bucket coming the way you described off but can try on a practice day!
Old 05-30-2013, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Is there any close up shots of lutz's car that are sort of recent?
Old 05-30-2013, 03:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I thought you were referring to the internal shock body.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.