Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default new with dnx408

yesterday was my first night with the dnx408 and i have to say it way better then i thought it was so i am really happy so far with car. I was wanting to know about the kyosho rear a arms what is it helping and if running losi bladders is making a difference? i bought two kit very cheap 300 dollars with brand new b5 werks motor so one of my kit i am converting with rc monster is there anything i should know about that kit? thanks
Old 03-07-2013, 08:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Has anybody heard if there is more new parts coming out for the buggy? Because the new arms have a outer hole but shafts are not long enough to move them out. Also any reports on the new arms are they any better?
Old 03-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Iggy 102
Has anybody heard if there is more new parts coming out for the buggy? Because the new arms have a outer hole but shafts are not long enough to move them out. Also any reports on the new arms are they any better?
There was talk and I saw a picture of new hubs that you would need to run with the new arms. But not heard of any product releases. I ordered a set earlier this week (same part# as old part) to see what comes in the mail.. If its the new ones. I'll post!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tobamiester
There was talk and I saw a picture of new hubs that you would need to run with the new arms. But not heard of any product releases. I ordered a set earlier this week (same part# as old part) to see what comes in the mail.. If its the new ones. I'll post!
I got the new ones on but have not run them (snow) yet. Are they stiffer too. So new arms hubs better geometry?
Old 03-08-2013, 06:22 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I got 2 sets of the new arms but I am yet to try them because I got them as spares.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

can someone do me a favor. how long are the front and rear shocks fully extended?
Old 03-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scotty-j
can someone do me a favor. how long are the front and rear shocks fully extended?
108mm front

115mm rear.

As per Ryan set up or there abouts
Old 03-09-2013, 05:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

awesome, thank you for that info
Old 03-09-2013, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fey18
yesterday was my first night with the dnx408 and i have to say it way better then i thought it was so i am really happy so far with car. I was wanting to know about the kyosho rear a arms what is it helping and if running losi bladders is making a difference? i bought two kit very cheap 300 dollars with brand new b5 werks motor so one of my kit i am converting with rc monster is there anything i should know about that kit? thanks
I just bought Kyosho arms to try out, but when they got here I realized that if you don't flip the shocks around to the back of the tower, the kyosho arms really wont fit correctly. The issue is the location of the droop screw, if you have the car setup factory with the shocks in front
Old 03-09-2013, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

He guys, I am probably being paranoid here, but I thought I would ask... I am still on the newer side to running nitro so here goes, I have a DNX408 obviously and I was ziptieing down the air filter to the carb last nite and I noticed that I pulled the air filter neck just about all the way down on the carb. It is stretching the filter neck a little bit like it shouldnt be seated down quite that far. It's a short filter neck, so my concern is if its okay and if this could limit the air coming into the carb at all, because the filter neck curved part is stretched over the air intake a little too much it seems. or is this too minute to worry about?
Old 03-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stg099
I just bought Kyosho arms to try out, but when they got here I realized that if you don't flip the shocks around to the back of the tower, the kyosho arms really wont fit correctly. The issue is the location of the droop screw, if you have the car setup factory with the shocks in front
Why not just run the Durango arms?

Originally Posted by sn47som1
He guys, I am probably being paranoid here, but I thought I would ask... I am still on the newer side to running nitro so here goes, I have a DNX408 obviously and I was ziptieing down the air filter to the carb last nite and I noticed that I pulled the air filter neck just about all the way down on the carb. It is stretching the filter neck a little bit like it shouldnt be seated down quite that far. It's a short filter neck, so my concern is if its okay and if this could limit the air coming into the carb at all, because the filter neck curved part is stretched over the air intake a little too much it seems. or is this too minute to worry about?
I have a wonderful idea. Take your car for a little run in the street in front of your house. Get the car up to temp, run it around with the filter, then pop off the filter and see that it runs no differently. You can test things.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

Yes, but I would never run an engine with no filter!? Thats just askin for it IMO Does the air intake need ample open area to get all its power (full area capacity), cuz my filter neck sits very close down on one side of the intake- don't know if these close tolerances would affect performance? Hopefully a better anser to suffice then the last one about testing with no air filter- thx for trying- but I would have thought of that for sure if I would do that..
Old 03-10-2013, 12:00 AM
ekt
Tech Master

sounds like you may have the filter neck on wrong, the larger ziptie channel goes on the engine.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:20 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yes, but I would never run an engine with no filter!? Thats just askin for it IMO Does the air intake need ample open area to get all its power (full area capacity), cuz my filter neck sits very close down on one side of the intake- don't know if these close tolerances would affect performance? Hopefully a better anser to suffice then the last one about testing with no air filter- thx for trying- but I would have thought of that for sure if I would do that..
Running the car without a filter for a couple passes in front of your house won't hurt anything (unless you live on a dirt road). After I wash my dirt bike, I do a couple passes in front of my house to dry the brakes, and to get the water out of some of the areas. This is also with no filter because after washing the bike the filter has water on it and I would rather not suck water into the engine. The filter on my dirtbike is a twin foam element, soaked in filter oil (the same oil I use on my RC filters). If it is okay for my $7000+ dirt bike, you can bet it is fine for a $200+ toy car engine. Could a tiny rock get flung into the engine? Sure, but the likelihood of that happening is so slim that I would be more worried about your car being run over by a real car, as it is much more likely to happen. Also, I have watched many, 1000+ hp drag cars test fire their engines without a filter. Again, if it is okay for a $30000+ dragster engine, your toy car will be fine.

As for your actual question. Unless the filter boot is kinked to the point that it has a smaller opening than the carb insert, you will not have an issue (and running the car back to back with and without the filter/boot for a pass or two in front of your house will prove this). You could always post a picture. If you do, make sure it is out of focus, and dimly lit, so we can't see anything you are trying to show us.

I ask you this. With all of your concerns about this filter boot, how often do you change the filter. Because unless your answer is every race, a dirty filter is far more of a concern.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I agree with you in running dirt bikes without the filter only because the intake is usually hidden behind the gas tank,plastics and a seat. Would be a lot harder for a pebble or bug or whatever to get down there. Also as far as race cars on a track the track is mostly clean and free of dirt. Even if a bug made its way down in the engine of that size an horsepower it wouldn't matter as much. I still wouldn't put my $200+ toy car engine on the street that has grains of sand, dirt, and pebbles on it. Unless you get out there with a blower or a broom it's going to have some type of dirt and pebbles on the road. Especially since the gas hole is directly in front the engine all it would take is you turning the car and have that debris thrown into the carb opening. I know I can't afford to buy a new engine on a what if!
Just my opinion. Not starting a debate..

Last edited by rcaddict02; 03-10-2013 at 07:29 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.