Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:47 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
infractions have been given out. if you are not here to talk about the car you run. you will be leaving this thread.. thank you..

Keep up the good work buddy.

PS GOOOD LUCK next weekend.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
Keep up the good work buddy.

PS GOOOD LUCK next weekend.
thanks boss... wish you where going.. see you in april in minnesota if you are going..
Old 02-18-2013, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Guys was there any running changes to the front arms like there was on the rear? I got my new rears, other than the obvious they also feel stiffer. That's what brought up the question. A stiffer front arm would be nice as well. Thanks for any info.....
Old 02-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok guys. I've gotten a chance to get my dnx out to the track a few times. So far so good. Only issues I'm having is keeping the car stable. I seems to be real loose in the rear spins out real easy. Almost twitchy. If I give it power on the straight it will spin out on me. Also seem like its hard to straighten out from a turn. I am fairly new to racing. So I don't have a driving style yet I guess. I am trying to adjust to this car but even my hype 7 seemed easier to get around the track.
So far I changed the rear sway bar for. Box stock to a 2.4. Also I lengthend the rear camber links te longest I could get them. I'm running 5/7/3 in the diffs 40et front shocks 35 rear shock. Is there anything I can do to get this car more stable? I am going to put a lighter clutch spring to tame the power down a little. Seems like its real snappy. Open to any and all suggestions. If any of you have a setup sheet for a newbie racer like my self that would be great!

Also just noticed that the right side front and rear tires show signifactly more wear then the other side?!?! Also the left rear tire looks brand new compared to the rest. Any reason for this?

Last edited by rcaddict02; 02-18-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:54 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by rcaddict02
Ok guys. I've gotten a chance to get my dnx out to the track a few times. So far so good. Only issues I'm having is keeping the car stable. I seems to be real loose in the rear spins out real easy. Almost twitchy. If I give it power on the straight it will spin out on me. Also seem like its hard to straighten out from a turn. I am fairly new to racing. So I don't have a driving style yet I guess. I am trying to adjust to this car but even my hype 7 seemed easier to get around the track.
So far I changed the rear sway bar for. Box stock to a 2.4. Also I lengthend the rear camber links te longest I could get them. I'm running 5/7/3 in the diffs 40et front shocks 35 rear shock. Is there anything I can do to get this car more stable? I am going to put a lighter clutch spring to tame the power down a little. Seems like its real snappy. Open to any and all suggestions. If any of you have a setup sheet for a newbie racer like my self that would be great!
Just adding the +2mm hubs will give the car a little more stability. Moving the rear hubs all the way forward will yield more traction as well. Also make sure your running the best tire for the track your at. Sometimes just going to a softer compound tire will help to lock in the car some too.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MattP
Just adding the +2mm hubs will give the car a little more stability. Moving the rear hubs all the way forward will yield more traction as well. Also make sure your running the best tire for the track your at. Sometimes just going to a softer compound tire will help to lock in the car some too.
This might sound dumb, but how so you move the rear hubs forward?
Should I run the +2mm hubs all the way around or just the rear?
Old 02-18-2013, 08:18 PM
Tech Addict

The spacers that are in between the hub and arm on the outer hinge pin.Install all the spacers in back of the hub.
as for the lack of rear grip
If you raised the rear roll center with the 2mm mod reverse it. might be to high of a roll center for the track
Old 02-18-2013, 08:23 PM
Tech Champion

what are +2mm hubs?
Old 02-18-2013, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
what are +2mm hubs?
He meant the +2mm wheel adapters, I think.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by asmazure
The spacers that are in between the hub and arm on the outer hinge pin.Install all the spacers in back of the hub.
as for the lack of rear grip
If you raised the rear roll center with the 2mm mod reverse it. might be to high of a roll center for the track
I did do the 2mm roll center mod. And the two tracks I run on are outdoor clay hard packed loose around the edges I would say med traction on both u less just watered.. I've been running ibeams I think med compound and crime fighter I think soft not sure and a set of snipers I think they are hard. The ibeams do ok the crime fighters are te best so far I've tried. I'm wearing out the servos side of the cars tire real quick though. And my left rear tire looks like it was never on te car. Strange...
Old 02-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Tech Addict

I did do the 2mm roll center mod. And the two tracks I run on are outdoor clay hard packed loose around the edges I would say med traction on both u less just watered.. I've been running ibeams I think med compound and crime fighter I think soft not sure and a set of snipers I think they are hard. The ibeams do ok the crime fighters are te best so far I've tried. I'm wearing out the servos side of the cars tire real quick though. And my left rear tire looks like it was never on te car. Strange...
Ill tell you right now you have the wrong tires. I would run a super soft,impact,grid iron,Hot bodies pink megabite,something super soft and smaller pin.those tires you said you have are all way to hard unless its a soft loamy sand or real loose dirt
Old 02-18-2013, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

its going to be a decision between tire wear and traction. If its a hard pack clay and the track operators allow it, a light sprinkling of water helps with traction and tire wear.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:41 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Does the track go counterclockwise? How long do you run in practice? What tires are the fast guys running? Are they wearing right side tires too?

Really, things that are track specific are best asked at the track. In all likelyhood nobody here runs where you run. There is a combo of tires and inserts that work better than anything else, and the only people that know what works are the fast guys where you race.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:48 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
thanks boss... wish you where going.. see you in april in minnesota if you are going..

See ya @ the Dome.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Just the rear. You lose too much steering if you run them in the front.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.