Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
I asked this a few pages back. Is anyone running the truggy rear shock tower? I just purchased one to try. Just looking for some opinions. Thanks...
i am lets u keep the same shock angle but further out so more stable is good with the 3rd and 4th hole on the rear wishbones! but the holes r a little higher and wen moving out to the outside holes on the wishbone u lose droop so i had to screw the shock bottom out a bit, and measuring the length of the shock for droop wont b the same anymore cause the holes on the truggy tower r higher, measuring droop with the hudy droop guage is much more accurate! no matter were the shock is mounted
Old 01-27-2013, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by av4625
what difference do the kyosho rear arms make and do u have to use anything else along with them? like hubs or anti roll bar or wat? thanks and do u no wer to get mugen parts in the UK?
The kyosho arms give the car a wider shock location which increaes camber gain on the inside rear wheel as your corner. So which gives the car more grip. Also the stock arms under a high speed camera flex so bad on a hard landing they actually rebound the car and make it bounce violently. Kyosho arma are stiffer and dont allow that. You will have the dremmel the kyosho arms to fit in the center pivot. Not to much work. And you will need to shim the hubs due to the fact they are very narrow compared to kyosho Hubs. And I use the stock sway bar. (I forgot to say as well I have the shocks on the backside of the tower) when you have the arms all mounted just take the stock sway bar and place it where you want it in the arm and predrill a hole and put a screw through it. I am not sure where you can get mugen parts from in the uk. But they are a must.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
I asked this a few pages back. Is anyone running the truggy rear shock tower? I just purchased one to try. Just looking for some opinions. Thanks...
Yes run the truggy tower. Much more stability in the rear end. Loose a little droop but it all works out for the better. You will have to drill a 3mm hole for your body mount. I run the truck tower on my race buggy and practice buggy
Old 01-28-2013, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GomerPile2525
The kyosho arms give the car a wider shock location which increaes camber gain on the inside rear wheel as your corner. So which gives the car more grip. Also the stock arms under a high speed camera flex so bad on a hard landing they actually rebound the car and make it bounce violently. Kyosho arma are stiffer and dont allow that. You will have the dremmel the kyosho arms to fit in the center pivot. Not to much work. And you will need to shim the hubs due to the fact they are very narrow compared to kyosho Hubs. And I use the stock sway bar. (I forgot to say as well I have the shocks on the backside of the tower) when you have the arms all mounted just take the stock sway bar and place it where you want it in the arm and predrill a hole and put a screw through it. I am not sure where you can get mugen parts from in the uk. But they are a must.
Do u notice much of a difference? hav u tried the new TD wishbones with the 4 shock mounting holes? oh and have you any pics of your car?

Last edited by av4625; 01-28-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:43 PM
Tech Champion

The kyosho arms give the car a wider shock location which increaes camber gain on the inside rear wheel as your corner. So which gives the car more grip.
How would changing the shock position affect camber gain? Unless it is allowing for more suspension travel or more chassis roll then camber gain would stay the same. Even if the suspension is traveling more or the chassis is rolling more the camber gain would technically still be the same but camber in relation to the ground at certain points in a corner would be more or less depending on the change in chassis roll.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
How would changing the shock position affect camber gain? Unless it is allowing for more suspension travel or more chassis roll then camber gain would stay the same. Even if the suspension is traveling more or the chassis is rolling more the camber gain would technically still be the same but camber in relation to the ground at certain points in a corner would be more or less depending on the change in chassis roll.
I don't want to get all scientific here with you but take my .02 if you would like. Trust me that is makes the car better. If you turn your wheels and apply sideward pressure to the head of your motor as if the car was cornering you will see the inside rear wheel gets very light and tends to spin. There is not enough footprint of the tire on the ground which causes the rear end to get loose. The kyosho arms change and fix that.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:12 PM
Tech Regular

Do u notice much of a difference? hav u tried the new TD wishbones with the 4 shock mounting holes? oh and have you any pics of your car?
Yes night and day. Car is stuck in the corner. I'm not to sure what you are referring to. Do you have part number on the wishbones? Ill post pics tomorrow of my car with some of the must do mods of the car.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:57 AM
Tech Champion

I don't want to get all scientific here with you but take my .02 if you would like. Trust me that is makes the car better. If you turn your wheels and apply sideward pressure to the head of your motor as if the car was cornering you will see the inside rear wheel gets very light and tends to spin. There is not enough footprint of the tire on the ground which causes the rear end to get loose. The kyosho arms change and fix that.
Yes I could see the arms change doing that because that would change the geometry between lower and upper arm. My point was it isn't the shock position that does it as had been stated...it is the change in the arm geometry that changes the camber gain.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for getting the pics sorted the new rear arms are a running change i have been told! Remember u said about the mugen tappered pistons, i got some, i didnt realise that it was the hole that was tapered and not the piston, does the taper side go up or down?
Old 01-29-2013, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for getting the pics sorted the new rear arms are a running change i have been told! Remember u said about the mugen tappered pistons, i got some, i didnt realise that it was the hole that was tapered and not the piston, does the taper side go up or down?
Tapered side goes to the top. To increase pack. You will need to drill the piston mounting hole out to fit on the shaft. I would recommend drilling a little smaller than the shaft and use the screw to pull down the piston to the shaft.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:44 PM
Tech Regular

u sure taper side goes to the top?
It must sort of funnel the oil into the hole so less pack? no?

Last edited by av4625; 01-29-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Thanks for getting the pics sorted the new rear arms are a running change i have been told!
Talking about the attached arms right ? Same part# as the old arms anyone know ?
Attached Thumbnails Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-dnxarms.jpg  
Old 01-29-2013, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tobamiester
Talking about the attached arms right ? Same part# as the old arms anyone know ?
yes and yes same part number
Old 01-29-2013, 02:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

yes and yes same part number
Thanks. I'll order a set and see what comes in the mail

This is all great reading tho guys. Cheers!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Bearing mod in steerin plate(Ackerman)

Who has done it and how. I have a lot of play coming from the Ackerman. I even did the locktite trick and still have play. I saw a few hundred pages back someone did this bit didn't go into detail on how to. My plate is not a perfect circle on each side. Do you dremel it out to fit the bearing or using a different Ackerman entirely from another kit?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.