Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Frank L
If that post was inthe JQ thread it would already be deleted. But that's funny $h!t right there.

So is the pop out driveshaft a hop that comes standard? Or only for some. What about the "I can't build my kit because it's missing ________? and for some it seems to be missing ______&______&______&....
ha ha we're in the whole sales pitch based on a hero lap thread so i'm sure it will be fine along with all the "i cant fit my engine without grinding stuff away" & the "i built my kit up just as the book says & i got no brakes" or the " i cant remove my battery box" & "my steering servo is full of fuel" posts that are already on here

i wont say anything about the "dang i wore out my drivers trying to change my diff fluids" posts LOL
Old 12-28-2010, 07:24 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Just Sayin!
Attached Thumbnails Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-haterade_sellsheet.jpg  
Old 12-28-2010, 07:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

hummm not sure a 100% but ok, anyway, if JQ have few privielges, they invite more JQ than Rango owner.... so is not very fair....

Not related but ... why do you need to shave an engine if you run THE car ????????

http://www.rctech.net/forum/8400210-post2398.html
Old 12-28-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

OK forget any "privileges" (if there are any) just look at the number wanting to race rather than accepted to race. that gives a much more real world figure relating to ownership ratios

is it much different to shaving your car to fit your engine???
Old 12-28-2010, 07:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by supercross
ha ha we're in the whole sales pitch based on a hero lap thread so i'm sure it will be fine along with all the "i cant fit my engine without grinding stuff away" & the "i built my kit up just as the book says & i got no brakes" or the " i cant remove my battery box" & "my steering servo is full of fuel" posts that are already on here

i wont say anything about the "dang i wore out my drivers trying to change my diff fluids" posts LOL
Seeing you brought up grinding to fit engines.....he's a pic from the JQ thread...

Are these people assembling the kit wrong and getting the blocks round the wrong way or something....or do some engines really need the mounting blocks grinding down?

And I won't mention THE oversight of not including Hitec servo horns.....doh! just have!
Old 12-28-2010, 07:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

15 for JQ 3 for Rango...
Waiting for Rango 10(ok...lol)
Waiting for JQ 25

So... ratio is better for JQ

Not very confortable to shave the engine.. but if for you is normal, so ok there is no problems lol
Old 12-28-2010, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamDurango
Agreed - quality materials, detailed and innovative design, forgiving handling, great jumping, plus fast and consistent lapping all help sell the DNX408

....but then again doing the fastest laps in 3 of the 6 rounds at the worlds and second fastest lap on finals day kind of adds to the appeal as well
I think Ryan could drive a Redcat to a fast lap he is so punched out. One of my favorite drivers to watch but he has alot to do with Durango getting fast laps. All I can remember about the worlds was not the fast laps but the DNF's sorry. Good luck with the Durango it looks good though.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jaf1977
And I won't mention THE oversight of not including Hitec servo horns.....doh! just have!

JQ dosen't include a Servo Horns for the most popular Servo in 1/8????????
Old 12-28-2010, 07:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jaf1977

Are these people assembling the kit wrong and getting the blocks round the wrong way or something....or do some engines really need the mounting blocks grinding down?

i suppose until you build a kit & try fitting every available engine into every optional mounting position then i guess we won't know Mark

i certainly haven't got the resources to try that one

i suppose some engine manufacturers have larger lugs than others & may drill the holes forward or back on those lugs slightly differently to each other?
its actually this difference that we shim out at the clutchbell when we swap engines between cars as the front case to crank nose measurement is more often than not exactly the same
Old 12-28-2010, 07:40 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by supercross

Hey my steering servo is all full of fuel. Hahaha I need to cut some lexan.

Originally Posted by Xchange
15 for JQ 3 for Rango...
Waiting for Rango 10(ok...lol)
Waiting for JQ 25

So... ratio is better for JQ

Not very confortable to shave the engine.. but if for you is normal, so ok there is no problems lol
And still not a single scoop of ice cream.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:42 AM
Suspended

supercross the JQ thread is That Way [] <----
they need your help over there shaving motors and and shaving servo horns so they dont hit out drives.... Take some Ice Cream with ya-
Old 12-28-2010, 07:43 AM
Suspended

10 people in that thread and 30 over here--- Guess all the fast guys hanging out over here... Just Sayin
Old 12-28-2010, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BoysMakingNosie
supercross the JQ thread is That Way [] <----
they need your help over there shaving motors and and shaving servo horns so they dont hit out drives.... Take some Ice Cream with ya-
think i'll stick around thanks. your leader said he was happy for anyone to take an interest in this thread what with it being an open forum & everything

i dont want to miss another hero lap
Old 12-28-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

please, we need to be serious, why durango can fit all the engines and JQ not ???

Why Durango provide Servo horns for ALLL brand and JQ not ???

Durango have a top10 US buggy driver(Ryan) and JQ have a SC dominator driver (Chad) ???

Why JQ are so complicated to setup and DNX so easy ?

How is possible to sell a car with front dogbone length error ????

It's a bit weird and trying to understand
Old 12-28-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Ouch.... I didn't know below the belt was allowed. Hey nothing wrong with the F main. F for Frank
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! thats dialed right there!!!!! you think the durango will get you out of the ffFFffFFFFfFfFffFFFFffFFfFffF main or move you down to the ggGgGGgGGGGGGgGGGGGGGGgGgGGGggGG??????????????

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.