Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TeamDurango
Bart, I was just teasin

The news sites can print "DNX408 shipping now" if they want . Anyway its not a big deal, they do what they think entertains readers.
My question is why they don't do the sane as the other brands? Anyway if you are intereasted You can send all the news you want to My friends at www.buggies.it and he can publish all for free. I think that Durango DNX408 is more entertaining news instead of "new Sworkz Bk1" appeared on some site...
Old 11-23-2010, 06:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Will the parts the TD said they will have to lighten up the car be available upon release?
Old 11-23-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ironpeddler
Will the parts the TD said they will have to lighten up the car be available upon release?
JasonD wrote:

Originally Posted by Team Durango
We get as many options out as soon as we can, we are small company so impossible to be perfect with every thing but we always try hard.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Here's my Pattaya setup

Front shocks 6x1.3mm / 70UR, stock spring
Inside hole on tower and arm
Front camberlink center hole inner row on tower
Hingepin spacer front.
Frontdiff 10000UR
Camber -2.5
Height 25mm
STD swaybar

Centerdiff: 7000UR
Std Spur, 13T bell

Rear shocks 6x1.3mm / 60UR, standard spring
Shock inside hole on tower and arm
Rear link center hole on hub, inner row 3rd from bottom on tower
-1deg rearhubs, hub all the way forward
Hingepin insert thin front, thick back
Reardiff 5000UR
Camber -3
3-3 kick-up/toe insert
Height 27mm
STD swaybar

Alpha F850 with Alpha 2081 pipe. H-Energy LiFe flat-pack, SAV÷X HV servos, Sanwa receiver, PL Caliber pre-mounts, rattlecan painted body, ~1/2 tank fuel = 3455g. Easy to reduce weight with optional titanium turnbuckles as the std ones are on the heavy side. Not that the car would need it as I really like how it behaves. I drove LOSI 2.0 whole season and I have to say that for me DNX is much easier to drive fast.

I think team guys run heavier diff-oils but I liked this one more. This setup is very forgiving and easy to drive and you can get on-throttle early and car is very predictable. You can easily tune more steering by removing the 1deg rearhubs and playing with toe-out on front and hub position.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Poinas2
Here's my Pattaya setup

Hingepin spacer front.
Frontdiff 10000UR
Camber -2.5
Height 25mm
STD swaybar

Std Spur, 13T bell

Reardiff 5000UR
Camber -3
3-3 kick-up/toe insert
Height 27mm
STD swaybar

Alpha F850 with Alpha 2081 pipe. H-Energy LiFe flat-pack, SAV÷X HV servos, Sanwa receiver, PL Caliber pre-mounts, rattlecan painted body, ~1/2 tank fuel = 3455g. Easy to reduce weight with optional titanium turnbuckles as the std ones are on the heavy side. Not that the car would need it as I really like how it behaves. I drove LOSI 2.0 whole season and I have to say that for me DNX is much easier to drive fast.

I think team guys run heavier diff-oils but I liked this one more. This setup is very forgiving and easy to drive and you can get on-throttle early and car is very predictable. You can easily tune more steering by removing the 1deg rearhubs and playing with toe-out on front and hub position.
what size is the flat pack you used? Or what brand?mah?
Old 11-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

Just guessing here, but H-energy is probably the brand. They make a 1400mAh flat pack i believe.
(well, YOUCHUANG / H-Energy...)
B!
Old 11-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default Ryan Lutz Worlds Set-up

[QUOTE=Poinas2;8249162]Here's my Pattaya setup

Front shocks 6x1.3mm / 700cts, White spring
Middle hole on tower, inside on arm
Front camberlink one hole up from bottom, inner row on tower
Hingepin spacer behind front arm.
Frontdiff 20,000cts
Camber -2
Height 27.5mm
2.4 swaybar
+1* toe out

Centerdiff: 20,000cts
Std Spur, 14T bell

Rear shocks 6x1.3mm / 700UR, white spring
Shock inside hole on tower and outside hole on arm
Rear link center hole on hub, inner row one up from bottom on tower
0 deg rearhubs, hub all the way forward
Rear arms all the way forward
Reardiff 6000cts
Camber -3
3-2 toe/kick-up insert
Height 27.5mm
2.9 swaybar

Alpha Z852 with Alpha 0801 pipe, Ballistic batteries 2500 lipo flat pack, Ko Propo RsX servos, AKA Impact tires

---This set-up for me was very easy to drive, it was aggressive but forgiving in my book, granted you don't need to go so heavy in the diffs unless you drive hard and your on a demanding track like the worlds track.---

--Lutzinator
Old 11-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the setup Ryan keep us informed on your experience with the 408!
Old 11-23-2010, 07:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

[QUOTE=DRCRacer299;8249626]
Here's my Pattaya setup

Front shocks 6x1.3mm / 700cts, White spring
Middle hole on tower, inside on arm
Front camberlink one hole up from bottom, inner row on tower
Hingepin spacer behind front arm.
Frontdiff 20,000cts
Camber -2
Height 27.5mm
2.4 swaybar
+1* toe out

Centerdiff: 20,000cts
Std Spur, 14T bell

Rear shocks 6x1.3mm / 700UR, white spring
Shock inside hole on tower and outside hole on arm
Rear link center hole on hub, inner row one up from bottom on tower
0 deg rearhubs, hub all the way forward
Rear arms all the way forward
Reardiff 6000cts
Camber -3
3-2 toe/kick-up insert
Height 27.5mm
2.9 swaybar

Alpha Z852 with Alpha 0801 pipe, Ballistic batteries 2500 lipo flat pack, Ko Propo RsX servos, AKA Impact tires

---This set-up for me was very easy to drive, it was aggressive but forgiving in my book, granted you don't need to go so heavy in the diffs unless you drive hard and your on a demanding track like the worlds track.---

--Lutzinator
Hello Ryan! Thanks for the set up! Although I am abit confuse with this cst rating, from AE, 40wt=500 cst, so can I read your set up with this converstion in mind? Also for the white spring that you are using, do you know whether it's harder then the stock blue spring or softer?

Thank you very much!
Old 11-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Here's my Pattaya setup

Hingepin spacer front.
Frontdiff 10000UR
Camber -2.5
Height 25mm
STD swaybar

Std Spur, 13T bell

Reardiff 5000UR
Camber -3
3-3 kick-up/toe insert
Height 27mm
STD swaybar

Hello Poinas2! Thank you very much for your input, can you please explain what do you mean by UR rating for your shocks? Thank you very much!
Old 11-23-2010, 09:49 PM
mof
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by joho
Hello Poinas2! Thank you very much for your input, can you please explain what do you mean by UR rating for your shocks? Thank you very much!
Most likely the brand of oil is Ultimate Racing (there are differences between ratings and manufacturers).
Old 11-24-2010, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What parts if any broke at the worlds race. Not parts that got warn but actual parts that broke.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:41 AM
Tech Adept

The guys broke a few front bumpers and one or two rear chassis braces. This did not stop the cars getting home, these parts are cheap to replace and we had far fewer problems than other brands on that car killer track.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TeamDurango
we had far fewer problems than other brands on that car killer track.
Ssssh. Thats uncalled for. What other brands did, or didn't do isn't a part of your marketing. Marketing is based on your own merits, not on others flaws. Anyone considering to buy your product already have decided against the others for one or other reason, having you "badmouth" them isn't making the choice easier, it just makes you look insecure of your own product.

Just saying. I for one like the DNX408, and will probably pick one up... After the summer when the kinks have been worked out, and the options are on the market. You guys REALLY need to get the ball rolling. Cheers.
B!
Old 11-24-2010, 04:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr B
Ssssh. Thats uncalled for. What other brands did, or didn't do isn't a part of your marketing. Marketing is based on your own merits, not on others flaws. Anyone considering to buy your product already have decided against the others for one or other reason, having you "badmouth" them isn't making the choice easier, it just makes you look insecure of your own product.

Just saying. I for one like the DNX408, and will probably pick one up... After the summer when the kinks have been worked out, and the options are on the market. You guys REALLY need to get the ball rolling. Cheers.
B!
Thats a pretty far stretch to say they are badmouthing. It appears he was just stating facts. The question was asked and they answered with additional information about what they had seen from other brands. The additional info of other brands has not swayed me one way or the other. I AM buying a DNX408 as soon as they hit the states.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.