Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:40 AM
  #8971  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (50)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 408
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default DNX Setup for Midwest?

Hey guys, with nitro season approaching the midwest in the next couple of months, I wanted to see if there were some local durango drivers that have found some decent setups for Midwest (Illinois) tracks (Leisure Hours, Clark R/C Park, etc.) I ran Leisure hours once last season, and while I was happy with my car, it's my first nitro buggy, so I'm not entirely sure how good it was versus others. I'm looking to make the car very neutral, and take away some of the twitchiness that seems to be inherent with many of the pro drivers setups. I feel that the Lutz setups i've tried lead to a car with a whole lot of steering, and a car that "carves" around the track, which is great for a pro driver, but too fast for my reaction times/nerves.

Any local knowledge/advice would be very much appreciated!
stg099 is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 07:45 AM
  #8972  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern california
Posts: 111
Default

Will the durango wing fit on a losi 8ight 2.0? Because i really like the durango wing but it is predrilled so I was just wondering if it would fit thanks(:
Kiel328 is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 07:53 AM
  #8973  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (360)
 
tobamiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tea drinking Limmey in NJ
Posts: 12,383
Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)
Default

Great to see positive people asking questions about the 408 on here.

Regarding the Wing, I measured the center of the pre-drilled holes, and its 30mm between the center of the holes.
tobamiester is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 08:01 AM
  #8974  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern california
Posts: 111
Default

Thank you i will check that out as soon as i can
Kiel328 is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 09:34 AM
  #8975  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,489
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kiel328
Will the durango wing fit on a losi 8ight 2.0? Because i really like the durango wing but it is predrilled so I was just wondering if it would fit thanks(:


Unfortunately the holes dont line up very well....Im sure you could gerry rig it to work. But would require elongating the holes which would lead to a real wobbly wing.
Integra is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 02:24 PM
  #8976  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern california
Posts: 111
Default

Are the holes too wide or too skinny?
Kiel328 is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 03:31 PM
  #8977  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
Jtipsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: St. Peters, MO
Posts: 1,358
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

The durango wing fits on a Caster EX1.5 with a little trimming, and thankfully the button holddowns cover the cutting form the stock holes.
Jtipsy is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 07:53 PM
  #8978  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern california
Posts: 111
Default

I want that wing hahahhaha
Kiel328 is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 09:35 PM
  #8979  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
DBL15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 3,171
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kiel328
I want that wing hahahhaha
You could all ways just buy the rest of the car under the wing as well then you would have best of both worlds hehehe
DBL15 is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 09:43 PM
  #8980  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Mickey_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,267
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mr B
Sorry, what? Care to elaborate?
B!
Sorry I am not a Team Durango driver, so dont really know whats under the body. But from pictures of the outside it appears to be some extensive changes. Look at HB and Mugen only small changes to a great platform. Not a complete redesign. Either way if the car was a winner and a great platform as you say, Lutz would have ran it at the worlds. Guess what he didn't, ran a Monster garage prototype... This tells me that Team Durango was not confident with the current DNX408 platform, but rather felt a prototype would be better. Didnt see Robert Battle running a Mugen prototype.
Mickey_B is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 09:45 PM
  #8981  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Mickey_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,267
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Well lets see...limited body designs...that's pretty much true of any buggy. Same goes for aftermarket support for high end cars as they tend to come pretty tricked out to start with. As for Ryan running a prototype...Every company does that with their team drivers when they are developing the next generation chassis.
Where can I buy a cab forward body that is aftermarket for the DNX408 and I don’t mean buying a Losi body that kind of fits. That’s right you can’t, but for a Mugen, HB, and AE you can get them from Proline, Bitty Design, and Jconcepts to name few. Not trying to start arguments, but merely pointing out some facts. My initial post was to someone asking about the DNX408 and if they should buy one. I just told him some facts. Sorry, I didn't paint the DNX408 as the best buggy on the planet. Don't get me wrong I think it’s a great buggy, but at the moment I believe there some better platforms like the Losi, AE, Mugen, and Kyosho. From my research I have found that these buggies have dominated most of the major racing events. Does that mean someone should go buy a Mugen because it won the worlds of course not, but one must consider that these buggies might be better than some of the competitors because they continue to win and dominate. If I were to post whether I should buy a buggy or not I would want someone to tell me the good the bad and most importantly the ugly.

Last edited by Mickey_B; 01-15-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Mickey_B is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 09:56 PM
  #8982  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern california
Posts: 111
Default

Hahahahhaa i would love to buy the whole car but im broke(x and yea that is kind of a drag that you cant buy after market bodies but i like the looks of the durango body(:
Kiel328 is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 11:52 PM
  #8983  
Suspended
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mother America
Posts: 1,104
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mickey_B
Where can I buy a cab forward body that is aftermarket for the DNX408 and I donít mean buying a Losi body that kind of fits. Thatís right you canít, but for a Mugen, HB, and AE you can get them from Proline, Bitty Design, and Jconcepts to name few. Not trying to start arguments, but merely pointing out some facts. My initial post was to someone asking about the DNX408 and if they should buy one. I just told him some facts. Sorry, I didn't paint the DNX408 as the best buggy on the planet. Don't get me wrong I think itís a great buggy, but at the moment I believe there some better platforms like the Losi, AE, Mugen, and Kyosho. From my research I have found that these buggies have dominated most of the major racing events. Does that mean someone should go buy a Mugen because it won the worlds of course not, but one must consider that these buggies might be better than some of the competitors because they continue to win and dominate. If I were to post whether I should buy a buggy or not I would want someone to tell me the good the bad and most importantly the ugly.
Just because the aftermarket body manufactures don't want to support a car doesn't mean the car is not good. JConcepts openly stated that they have no plans to make a body for the Tekno EB48. If you look at that car and can honestly convince yourself that it is not the most well thought out E1/8th scale then you have no idea what you are looking at.

If you look at the design of 1/8 scales though out the years you will see that they all copied Kyosho up until the 8ight came out. If you can't see how the DNX408 is just an evolution of what Losi did with the 8ight, then you are blind. The RC8 is the most generic looking car of them all. It looks like AE copied the least innovative parts of any other car. The Mugen looks like a Kyosho MP7.5 Kanai 3 with PBS.

The DNX408 that anyone can buy has won plenty of big races with Lutz at the wheel. Team Durango chose to run the car they had the most confidence in at the worlds. Lutz had his usual bad luck, but still showed good pace before he was taken out by a part failure.

The current DNX408 is a capable car that is also innovative. Which is what I like about it. If you know how to set a car up and you can handle a car that is on the aggressive side, then it is a good car. If you hammer the throttle, have no clue how to set a car up, and can't make a tank of fuel without needing a marshal job the car is probably not for you.
ifuonlyknew is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 07:47 AM
  #8984  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern california
Posts: 111
Default

You sir are 100% correct ^^^^ i knew that there was a reason that i liked the dnx408 so much(:
Kiel328 is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 09:55 AM
  #8985  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
1evo RRR Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,615
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Can someone please change the name of this thread......... The title is becoming a joke
1evo RRR Driver is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.