Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey,

Has anyone tried using the bittydesign losi body on the dnx?

I really like this body!

I know the proline losi bulldog body fits.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks Kevin
Old 11-05-2012, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HBRC-LBD
Hey,

Has anyone tried using the bittydesign losi body on the dnx?

I really like this body!

I know the proline losi bulldog body fits.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks Kevin
+1. I was thinking the same thing. I think this body looks killer. Also does it come precut? I want to run it on my DEX. Thanks.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

awesome i dont really want it to b like the v2 it doesnt bother me as long as it handles well
Old 11-06-2012, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

anyone in the US making sway bar mount for shocks on the rear? found that Pig-RC one but its in italy and cant order it.. is there a US company I am not finding??
not digging the bending of the sway bar
Old 11-06-2012, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mo Denton
anyone in the US making sway bar mount for shocks on the rear? found that Pig-RC one but its in italy and cant order it.. is there a US company I am not finding??

PM me....
Old 11-06-2012, 10:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What are these you are talking about??
Old 11-06-2012, 03:15 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Iggy 102
What are these you are talking about??
He is talking about these http://www.rcsupermarket.com/index.a...dotto=3597-469
Old 11-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Yup!! You got it.
Are those available in the US??? If not any interest in them if I had some made or if Ben made some???
Old 11-06-2012, 08:54 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Yup!! You got it.
Are those available in the US??? If not any interest in them if I had some made or if Ben made some???
I have tried to get a pair, but they don't ship out of their country, haven't seen any other place with them.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Suspended

As most of you know the throttle servo takes a beating heat wise in the DNX408, so I figured I would share my solution. First a bit of back story. I built my DNX at the beginning of summer this year, all brand new everything. The only things not new in my DNX was the transponder and RX. I decided to go with Savox servos. Anyway my first practice day I ended up burning out the throttle servo from too much heat. Lucky for me Savox USA was about 20 miles from my house, and I happened to know and race with the guy that was their Rep. So he replaced my servo for free. I knew something had to be done to fix what I think is about the only flaw with this awesome car.

Now onto my list of solutions.

1. I shimmed the whole radio tray plate 2mm off the chassis.
2. I shimmed the servos 2mm off the radio tray plate.
3. I cut the bottom out of the receiver box to allow the heat to escape the servo more easily, and for more airflow to the throttle servo.
4. I made a carbon fiber heat shield that goes in between the engine and throttle servo.

The first pic is the floor of the receiver box that has been cut out, now I mount the receiver to the wall of the box. You can also see the spacers that go between the box and the heat shield (they were the ones I had in my parts box, now they have been replaced with proper Durango gold spacers).

Next is the heat shield. After some further testing I have added some of the heat reflecting tape you see on my receiver box to the heat shield.

What do you guys think?
Old 11-07-2012, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

New Inserts and Cross Shaft Set

http://buggysrc.blogspot.com.es/2012...es-de-los.html

Old 11-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

shackleford the v2 radio box fixes all of those issues. it lifts the servo off the radioplate and further away from the engine also. it has a shield like your carbon fiber one also. its just carbon though. check it out...
Old 11-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hey guys I am looking at buying a dnx408 V2 but just a bit hessitant to pull the trigger. I like the look and engineering put into the buggy but I have been caught by cool features in the past, basically I am a bit worried at the fact that there are very few durangos at the local tracks and I would think if it was that good why is it not more popular?
I am not trying to be negitive towards this machine one bit I am just curious if you knew when you bought this buggy what you know now about the buggy would you buy it again and what are the up sides and down sides of the buggy?

Thanks alot guys
Old 11-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

andy i wouldn't do it. i drove the car for two years and its nothing more than a cool design. its pretty durable also, i have to give it that. but ive tested every setup out there and configured several setups of my own and it just doesnt cut it. the car is capable of some insane lap times and the corner speed is retarded good but the problem is consistency. i would turn the fastest lap in my class and turn the slowest back to back. the bump handling is horrible. the car is super unpredictable. its like its too agile to the point its super twitchy and nervous. i think the problem is the narrow chassis layout doesnt allow the car to pitch much in the corners so you have to run an agressive roll center setup, super light sway bars then it becomes grabby and inconsistent. i switched to a more traditional buggy and im lapping guys that i couldnt dream of keeping up with when i had the durango. its ok if you race beginner or something but its not very competitive in the higher levels of racing. i drove it for a long time, it took me a while to give up faith but i couldnt deal anymore. let me just say, there's a reason durango is completely changing the entire chassis only two years after its original release. look at how long losi 8ight 2.0 has been around... if you do get it, throw a truggy rear tower on. it helps stabilize the buggy a little bit.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tmth3
andy i wouldn't do it. i drove the car for two years and its nothing more than a cool design. its pretty durable also, i have to give it that. but ive tested every setup out there and configured several setups of my own and it just doesnt cut it. the car is capable of some insane lap times and the corner speed is retarded good but the problem is consistency. i would turn the fastest lap in my class and turn the slowest back to back. the bump handling is horrible. the car is super unpredictable. its like its too agile to the point its super twitchy and nervous. i think the problem is the narrow chassis layout doesnt allow the car to pitch much in the corners so you have to run an agressive roll center setup, super light sway bars then it becomes grabby and inconsistent. i switched to a more traditional buggy and im lapping guys that i couldnt dream of keeping up with when i had the durango. its ok if you race beginner or something but its not very competitive in the higher levels of racing. i drove it for a long time, it took me a while to give up faith but i couldnt deal anymore. let me just say, there's a reason durango is completely changing the entire chassis only two years after its original release. look at how long losi 8ight 2.0 has been around... if you do get it, throw a truggy rear tower on. it helps stabilize the buggy a little bit.
Why does the truggy tower work better? Does it have shock positions further out? Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.