Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:17 AM
  #8401  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (16)
 
McD44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 785
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by av4625
i hope they change the chassis lol cause it wud make the car much better team drivers at neo wanted to dremmel the 5mm thick parts round the edge down to 3mm but it turned out to be to big a job for a dremmel lol
From the looks of the Prototype the chassis won't be the same, not even close.
McD44 is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 10:20 AM
  #8402  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (32)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 761
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Great first race day with my dnx408v2. Picked up the A main win at Scotty Ernst's summer showdown held at Clarkrcpark.com in wisconsin.

Buggy is great really responds to changes better than other cars have. Cant wait to get the truggy and hit the road to the midwest nitro series next stop in moline, il.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-summer-showdown.jpg  
madhammer is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 01:29 PM
  #8403  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 390
Default

Originally Posted by McD44
From the looks of the Prototype the chassis won't be the same, not even close.
LIKE lol
av4625 is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 02:05 PM
  #8404  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,694
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

I think the current nitro chassis feels too thick anyway.
jmackani is offline  
Old 08-13-2012, 02:55 AM
  #8405  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 388
Default

Originally Posted by McD44
It is just a bit disheartening to read that the new totally redesigned proto is "a huge improvement over last year’s".
They have to tell that the new car is a huge improvement so that people are encouraged to buy it.
If you look at recent results you will see that Jorn Neumann(the person you have quoted) have done much batter last year with the old chassis. Maybe it's a huge improvements, but he finished 9th at the Euro 2011 and this year he is not even in the main final. As far as I see even Lutz appear to be quicker with the "stock" 408. Only time will tell if this new car it's worth the upgrade.
IMO you sould not worry about new prototype, by the way I don't think it will be out this year
sirio76 is offline  
Old 08-13-2012, 05:36 AM
  #8406  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (16)
 
McD44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 785
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sirio76
They have to tell that the new car is a huge improvement so that people are encouraged to buy it.
If you look at recent results you will see that Jorn Neumann(the person you have quoted) have done much batter last year with the old chassis. Maybe it's a huge improvements, but he finished 9th at the Euro 2011 and this year he is not even in the main final. As far as I see even Lutz appear to be quicker with the "stock" 408. Only time will tell if this new car it's worth the upgrade.
IMO you sould not worry about new prototype, by the way I don't think it will be out this year
It definitely is a driver's car and I'm not too worried anymore. My setup is getting closer to ideal and with a new approach to driving it I'm turning faster and more consistent laps. A smooth throttle finger goes a long way with this car, especially with an e-conversion. It is extremely precise and can get out of sorts quickly with a twitchy finger. As I'm getting used to it and getting the setup dialed I am appreciating the stiff chassis and how it responds to setup changes.
McD44 is offline  
Old 08-13-2012, 03:44 PM
  #8407  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (5)
 
fievel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rochester Mi
Posts: 896
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I am interested to see how this prototype evolves throughout the months leading up to the worlds. If this new design is a success will they update the DEX408 and the DNX408t in order to maintain parts compatibility throughout their product line?
fievel is offline  
Old 08-13-2012, 04:33 PM
  #8408  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 390
Default

Originally Posted by fievel
I am interested to see how this prototype evolves throughout the months leading up to the worlds. If this new design is a success will they update the DEX408 and the DNX408t in order to maintain parts compatibility throughout their product line?
cnt c it the truggy and dex hav thinner chassis already but they mite make the bigger bore shocks for them
av4625 is offline  
Old 08-13-2012, 07:28 PM
  #8409  
Tech Adept
 
Fast1rc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Not in Florida
Posts: 193
Default

After tearing apart this DNX408v2 multiple times, there are some real cool ideas, but other areas that should be improved. Luckily the v2 update helped a bit overall and also using the carbon fiber under carriage helped the heat issue. One idea is too completely redesign the throttle radio tray area with new throttle linkage would be a good idea to change as the plastic is a little too flexible for my liking on throttle responsiveness.
Overall the Durango DNX408v2 buggy is cool but I will test it out this weekend, so we will see how it comapres to my Mugen Seiki MBX6R US Spec and also the JQ Products "THE Car" buggy.
...testing and playing is fun
Fast1rc is offline  
Old 08-13-2012, 11:56 PM
  #8410  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
Default

Does anyone know if their is a body that looks like the Bulldog body that will fit the DNX?
chestonsm is offline  
Old 08-14-2012, 05:38 AM
  #8411  
Tech Master
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 1,481
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chestonsm
Does anyone know if their is a body that looks like the Bulldog body that will fit the DNX?
I think that I have read somewhere that the Losi body would fit, but with the center mounted tank, I don't think that you would want a cab-forward body, as it will make tank access a lot harder...
ehartman_49348 is offline  
Old 08-14-2012, 10:13 AM
  #8412  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,694
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ehartman_49348
I think that I have read somewhere that the Losi body would fit, but with the center mounted tank, I don't think that you would want a cab-forward body, as it will make tank access a lot harder...


fuel was not a problem with this losi body
jmackani is offline  
Old 08-14-2012, 10:15 AM
  #8413  
Tech Master
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 1,481
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jmackani


fuel was not a problem with this losi body
That looks great!! Is that the stock DNX408 tank?
ehartman_49348 is offline  
Old 08-14-2012, 11:24 AM
  #8414  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,694
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ehartman_49348
That looks great!! Is that the stock DNX408 tank?
I think it is from the other prototype photos that I can see from that were posted on neobuggy.
jmackani is offline  
Old 08-14-2012, 12:07 PM
  #8415  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Spain.
Posts: 493
Default

Losi bodies fit the standard DNX408, i've got a 8ight Crowd Pleazer 2.0 on mine.





Originally Posted by jmackani
fuel was not a problem with this losi body
That's the prototype using a different fuel tank so it's not the best reference.
chirivita is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.