Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by av4625
The rear pivots are closer together and the wishbones are longer, thinner chassis will make the DNX epic lutz does better with the DEX and its chassis is thinner,

Wonder Y they give hupo the new durango proto shocks and not some1 like jorn which is runnin the kyosho shocks? and jorn is running alot of K parts and hupo is running alot of proto parts, is hupo even running? did any1 see the artical on neobuggy?
Here is some information about Hupo at the Euros:
http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...?storyid=12383
Old 08-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Well I like the rear mounted shocks. The rear does seem a bit more settled. It's hard to say since I'm running the stock springs but it is easier to drive.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by McD44
There are a few things I'm bummed about on this proto.
  • Rear pivot carrier isn't the cool 2pc design of the original.
  • Chassis seems to be thinner than the 5mm original.
  • When this comes out I will have to spend more money.

Also, is the wing mount longer/further back or are the mount holes in the wing further forward? I see that the wing doesn't interfere with the rear mounted shocks on that car.
Chassis is thinner and wider. I would say the chassis is reeeeally similar to the one on the DNX408T(which is 4mm if i remember right and wider), and hence the truggy sideguards.

The wing mount i guess they've put something(shims?) to move it backwards so it doesn't touch the shocks. In Jorn's car it shouldn't be needed since he runs a different wing.

The rear pivots are closer together and the wishbones are longer, thinner chassis will make the DNX epic lutz does better with the DEX and its chassis is thinner,

Wonder Y they give hupo the new durango proto shocks and not some1 like jorn which is runnin the kyosho shocks? and jorn is running alot of K parts and hupo is running alot of proto parts, is hupo even running? did any1 see the artical on neobuggy?
Rear wishbones seem to be the stock ones with just some mods(more shock mounting holes).

The only difference i've seen between Hupo's car and Neumann's are the rear shock bodies, so it's almost the same number of kyosho parts

I don't know if he did manage to get a re-allocation place so he can race tomorrow, it would be a shame if he didn't
Old 08-09-2012, 01:11 PM
Tech Regular

Jorn happy with the new car so far and doing pretty well at the Euros with a 6th, 2nd, 14th for his 3 rounds today.

Team Durango’s Jörn Neumann, who won the 4WD electric European Championship at this track last month, was pleased with his opening qualifier as he posted the 6th fastest time. Using a bigger pin tyre having switched from JConcepts Stackers to a Crossbows he said he had better overall grip and steering particularly on the concrete block section of the track. Running a prototype car most of which has been hand machined by Durango designer Gerd Strenge the German ace said the new buggy is a huge improvement over last year’s. While he made the final 12-months ago Neumann said this year the buggy, which follows a more traditional chassis design, is a far more competitive package.

Verbiage courtesy Redrc.net
Old 08-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

Looking good
Old 08-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DRCRacer299
Jorn happy with the new car so far and doing pretty well at the Euros with a 6th, 2nd, 14th for his 3 rounds today.

Team Durango’s Jörn Neumann, who won the 4WD electric European Championship at this track last month, was pleased with his opening qualifier as he posted the 6th fastest time. Using a bigger pin tyre having switched from JConcepts Stackers to a Crossbows he said he had better overall grip and steering particularly on the concrete block section of the track. Running a prototype car most of which has been hand machined by Durango designer Gerd Strenge the German ace said the new buggy is a huge improvement over last year’s. While he made the final 12-months ago Neumann said this year the buggy, which follows a more traditional chassis design, is a far more competitive package.

Verbiage courtesy Redrc.net
So he's saying that the car that is still being sold can't compete and isn't worth buying? I guess they can just send all of them to me since no one will want them anymore. Glad to know that the buggy I like so much sucks compared to the new version.

I run mine as an e-buggy anyway so I guess I'll just pick up a Tekno EB48 so that I can have a chance at winning a race.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

So he's saying that the car that is still being sold can't compete and isn't worth buying? I guess they can just send all of them to me since no one will want them anymore. Glad to know that the buggy I like so much sucks compared to the new version.

I run mine as an e-buggy anyway so I guess I'll just pick up a Tekno EB48 so that I can have a chance at winning a race.
I don't think thats what he's saying. And the DEX408 (not converted DNX) is an awesome buggy btw, no need to head over to the Tekno world just yet.

Look at how well Ryan did at the Offroad Nats until the 'pit incident'. Ryan's DNX was out of control fast - so no doubt its got the potential. Remember the car has only been out a couple of years and their R&D pace is just incredible compared to other more thoroughbreds on the market.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tobamiester
I don't think thats what he's saying. And the DEX408 (not converted DNX) is an awesome buggy btw, no need to head over to the Tekno world just yet.

Look at how well Ryan did at the Offroad Nats until the 'pit incident'. Ryan's DNX was out of control fast - so no doubt its got the potential. Remember the car has only been out a couple of years and their R&D pace is just incredible compared to other more thoroughbreds on the market.
For some reason I'm just not interested in dual pack buggies (DEX, Serpent ect.)

He clearly states that the new proto is considerably better than the current car. It makes me wonder what else out there is considerably better...

I'm being a pissy little b*tch about this but dang man at least wait till the new car is just about to be released before you start bashing the old car.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

For some reason I'm just not interested in dual pack buggies (DEX, Serpent ect.)

He clearly states that the new proto is considerably better than the current car. It makes me wonder what else out there is considerably better...

I'm being a pissy little b*tch about this but dang man at least wait till the new car is just about to be released before you start bashing the old car.
No new car in the works from what I know. at least not this year. I'm only speculating on that, but given the v2 release of earlier this year, any major releases on the buggy platform in 2012 would be unlikely.
But I think they're just doing some extreme testing of parts, borrowing ideas from industry trends or other teams to get a car ready for the Worlds in November.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chirivita
Rear wishbones seem to be the stock ones with just some mods(more shock mounting holes).

The only difference i've seen between Hupo's car and Neumann's are the rear shock bodies, so it's almost the same number of kyosho parts

I don't know if he did manage to get a re-allocation place so he can race tomorrow, it would be a shame if he didn't
the rear wishbones are different i saw them at neo u can alter the track width at the rear and thers 4 mounting holes for shock and i think a team driver told me ther wer longer not just sure on that

so is hupo running again? where can u get results?
Old 08-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Tech Regular

Agreed 100%

The v2 is an excellent car, no need to jump ships yet. The team is doing some testing and in this particular case Neumann found the prototype to work really well...This should be seen as a good thing! An statement about how the work they're doing testing new things is getting results making a great car even better. What point would there be to test things to make a good product worse?

No new car in the works from what I know. at least not this year. I'm only speculating on that, but given the v2 release of earlier this year, any major releases on the buggy platform in 2012 would be unlikely.
But I think they're just doing some extreme testing of parts, borrowing ideas from industry trends or other teams to get a car ready for the Worlds in November.
Yeah i wouldn't put my money on a 2012 update either. We might see some final changes at the Worlds but i expect a v3 for early 2013, not sooner.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

the rear wishbones are different i saw them at neo u can alter the track width at the rear and thers 4 mounting holes for shock and i think a team driver told me ther wer longer not just sure on that

so is hupo running again? where can u get results?
That i didn't know, thanks for the info. They don't seem longer to me but it would be really hard to tell from pictures.

Hupo is definitely not racing...bummer
Old 08-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Why do some run the shocks on the rear of the rear arms?

What are the pros/cons?

Do you just flip the arms? what about the sway bar?
Old 08-10-2012, 01:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EvanAZ
Why do some run the shocks on the rear of the rear arms?

What are the pros/cons?

Do you just flip the arms? what about the sway bar?
So you are just faster writer than reader ?
Old 08-10-2012, 04:34 AM
Tech Regular

the buggy I like so much
if you are enjoying this buggy so much, why are you thinking about switching platform?
I'll just pick up a Tekno EB48 so that I can have a chance at winning a race.
You really think that switching car will make you a better driver? good luck

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.