Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tobamiester
Yeah good call, certain buggies definitely suite peoples driving style better.

Had my first big outing with my DNX yesterday. I turned the arms/shocks/tower around (mounted on rear) and to me it does make the car less twitchy and/or more suited to my driving style. Worth trying if anyone was thinking about it.

I do find that with my current setup I'm getting a little too much power to the rear. The Car feels like it wants to wheelie on occasion and I'd like to get a little more power to the front. Diff oils are 5-5-3. Guys have any suggestions ? Cheers.
Take lil bit of droop out of the front end
Old 07-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

i think this car can b super safe and i hav some problems nearly trying to get it a little more twichy this car has so much grip and wheelie? cant c that unless u had super heavy diffs or hit a big stone or a flat out jump on the staight like at neo12
Old 07-10-2012, 09:15 PM
Tech Adept

Hi, Im going too make my starter box LIPO powered, I tried the search tool but no luck, how should I do it, should there be a lipo-cut-off thingy? The starter box I've got is an RB one. And is a 4s lipo-pack the way to go?
Old 07-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KarBro
Hi, Im going too make my starter box LIPO powered, I tried the search tool but no luck, how should I do it, should there be a lipo-cut-off thingy? The starter box I've got is an RB one. And is a 4s lipo-pack the way to go?
You can buy a 4S or run two 2S packs in series. You don't need a cut off, but some people do run the warning buzzers or lights. If you buy a 4000-5000mah pack, it'll likely last for an entire race weekend.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KarBro
I had to change all the wiring because of the extra voltage...melted...it was with an ofna starter box. You'll want a lower rating lipo like a 20c discharge
Old 07-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BrakeTurnAccelerate
You can buy a 4S or run two 2S packs in series. You don't need a cut off, but some people do run the warning buzzers or lights. If you buy a 4000-5000mah pack, it'll likely last for an entire race weekend.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Panda-PR
I had to change all the wiring because of the extra voltage...melted...it was with an ofna starter box. You'll want a lower rating lipo like a 20c discharge
I guess a one of these should just do it then:
Old 07-16-2012, 05:19 AM
Tech Regular

how are people mounting the kyosho shocks to the durango cause if u try and put them on the durango standoff ther is to big a gap and if u use the kyosho standoff the screw that goes through the tower can slide through all the holes on the tower?
Old 07-16-2012, 05:02 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by av4625
how are people mounting the kyosho shocks to the durango cause if u try and put them on the durango standoff ther is to big a gap and if u use the kyosho standoff the screw that goes through the tower can slide through all the holes on the tower?
Well the holes in the tower are 4mm and the screws from Kyosho are 3mm. It doesn't look like there is enough material to drill out the Kyosho parts so I guess the only option is to make a spacer that has a 3mm inner diameter and a 4mm outer diameter and use the 3mm bolt from Kyosho. Part number 600343 from Serpent look like they might be 3mm inside and 4mm outside, but don't quote me on that as I am just going off of the picture on amain.

Why is it that everyone wants to put Kyosho parts on everything? You can go to almost any thread for any vehicle and see people putting Kyosho shocks and springs on every other car. Does Kyosho have some magic shock that adjusts itself perfectly for every situation or something?
Old 07-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R.Shackleford
Well the holes in the tower are 4mm and the screws from Kyosho are 3mm. It doesn't look like there is enough material to drill out the Kyosho parts so I guess the only option is to make a spacer that has a 3mm inner diameter and a 4mm outer diameter and use the 3mm bolt from Kyosho. Part number 600343 from Serpent look like they might be 3mm inside and 4mm outside, but don't quote me on that as I am just going off of the picture on amain.

Why is it that everyone wants to put Kyosho parts on everything? You can go to almost any thread for any vehicle and see people putting Kyosho shocks and springs on every other car. Does Kyosho have some magic shock that adjusts itself perfectly for every situation or something?
Yup. They will also do your taxes with extra exemptions.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

is ther also any better method than the plastic ball on the durango standoffs for the durango shocks? because it keeps wearing!
Old 07-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I use the Kyosho springs but thats it. Ran the 408 this past weekend and was easily going as fast as with my RC8.2. Think I am gonna like this buggy. Very easy to drive and great corner speed. What are the common spares other than arms and chock shafts/ends?
Old 07-16-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Had my first big outing with my DNX yesterday. I turned the arms/shocks/tower around (mounted on rear) and to me it does make the car less twitchy and/or more suited to my driving style. Worth trying if anyone was thinking about it.

I do find that with my current setup I'm getting a little too much power to the rear. The Car feels like it wants to wheelie on occasion and I'd like to get a little more power to the front. Diff oils are 5-5-3. Guys have any suggestions ? Cheers.
Go to 7 or 10 in the middle, it won't unload the front as much.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by av4625
is ther also any better method than the plastic ball on the durango standoffs for the durango shocks? because it keeps wearing!
Fuel tubing works great! Look on the Durango website...should be somewhere in the tips and tricks section.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

It depends on what you problem atctually is, if it's because the front end is rising too much, you either want to take out droop like previously stated to lessen the amount of upward travel the front will have and/or thicken the center diff oil also like previously stated to send more power to the rear so that the front won't get unloaded as much.

But if it's because you are getting too much power to the rear (like you stated) and your track is high bite, you want to go thinner in the center diff as the thinner the center diff oil is the less power goes to the rear and more power goes to the front, as on power the weight gets thrown onto the rear (making it heavier) and is unloaded off of the front (making it lighter). With the diff design, the thinner the oil in it, the greater the amount of power goes to the easiest wheels to turn. Since on power this is the front, if you are getting too much power to the rear, you want to go thinner in the center, and with less power going to the rear, the less your car will want to wheelie.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Juice1
Fuel tubing works great! Look on the Durango website...should be somewhere in the tips and tricks section.
+1!

http://lutzinator.com/?page_id=80 - its the third last tip on the page

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.