Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 12-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
Im also in the process of pulling the diffs for an Oil change and cant say I find it as difficult as your making it out to be Rui.

I Dont have to unbolt the motor to pull the rear shaft and find the general design pretty nifty.

Yes the radio tray is a different story but the diffs are easy peezy.
I love the radio tray. It's easy and tidy. The only think I'm not Rockford about is where the steering servo wire runs. It's just kinda out there. I dont see how it can get in the drivetrain but still it's just out there. The radio box is also a little small for my super tiny ko receiver. I would hate to see a standard futaba receiver try to fit in there. I got it in but I would think it could be just a little bit deeper or wider to accommodate the wires. Anyway so far the Durango seems very well built.

Btw nick did you switch from Losi too? How do you like it compared tk the Losi any pros/ cons.

Happy holidays.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
I love the radio tray. It's easy and tidy. The only think I'm not Rockford about is where the steering servo wire runs. It's just kinda out there. I dont see how it can get in the drivetrain but still it's just out there. The radio box is also a little small for my super tiny ko receiver. I would hate to see a standard futaba receiver try to fit in there. I got it in but I would think it could be just a little bit deeper or wider to accommodate the wires. Anyway so far the Durango seems very well built.

Btw nick did you switch from Losi too? How do you like it compared tk the Losi any pros/ cons.

Happy holidays.
He is working on mine.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
Im also in the process of pulling the diffs for an Oil change and cant say I find it as difficult as your making it out to be Rui.

I Dont have to unbolt the motor to pull the rear shaft and find the general design pretty nifty.

Yes the radio tray is a different story but the diffs are easy peezy.
I was not bashing the car in any form, just stating that ex. the losi 2.0 , 4 screws and the radio tray is out, 6 screws and the rear diff is out, same goes for other makes. I agree that the 408 has a lot of nice features, people here seem to be on a 408 is the best since thing sliced bread. It is a very innovative car, well designed with performance in mind, i just saying that is not as friendly to work on as others. There are pro and cons on any design. I do like the car. Just like I love my wife...but she's not perfect.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Default RC All stickers.com

Sorry to jump topics, but they do sell wraps for the Durango...but does anyone know why the USA is NOT in their list of countries? I spent half an hour designing mine and had no way to select USA in the shipping.

BTW, the best solution to the brake issue, is to simply tap one more turn of threads onto the 4 bolts going through the pads with a common 3mm die. Problem solved.

Most important fix is to insulate the throttle servo from head. A small piece under it and behind it is very important. I used this and it is the best protection really possible. Can't even really see it.

summitracing.com/parts/THE-14002
Old 12-25-2010, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by photopro
Sorry to jump topics, but they do sell wraps for the Durango...but does anyone know why the USA is NOT in their list of countries? I spent half an hour designing mine and had no way to select USA in the shipping.

BTW, the best solution to the brake issue, is to simply tap one more turn of threads onto the 4 bolts going through the pads with a common 3mm die. Problem solved.

Most important fix is to insulate the throttle servo from head. A small piece under it and behind it is very important. I used this and it is the best protection really possible. Can't even really see it.

summitracing.com/parts/THE-14002
you want a wrap? contact www.rcallstickers.com or buy from the online shop directly

If you have problems to place your order you can send me your mail via PM and they will contact you directly

Old 12-25-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Lord

Ok all ready for the track. The only thing I had to mod was the rear chassis brace the engine was hitting it and it wouldn't let me set the cb/spur mesh. Everything went together nicely. Btw I suck at painting come on Chad I need that wrap!! But the chrome paint is cool

Old 12-25-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Looks great there BOO BOO!!!!!! good luck 2maro !!
Old 12-25-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

looks nice Frank
Old 12-25-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by rc racer 103
Looks great there BOO BOO!!!!!! good luck 2maro !!
I like the boo boo Hahahaha

Originally Posted by cary
looks nice Frank
And thanks guys. It took awhiiiiiiiiiiile but should roll good.

I can't wait for the dnx truggy
Old 12-25-2010, 08:09 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

+1 Rui... There are pros and cons to every buggy out there, Im with you IM NOT saying its difficult to work on but there are other buggies that are easier! The Durango has alot of really nice features.

I did not have any problems seting up my brakes maybe I had more thread but I was able to screw them into where I wanted them(My friend had to shim his)

I will be doing a Indoor Race this weekend on some Very Nice Blue Groove, I will let everyone know how it performs there
Old 12-25-2010, 08:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Did anyone try other air filters than the default one ?
Is the mbx6 one small enough ? (not only the foam but the whole filter)
Old 12-25-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
I like the boo boo Hahahaha

And thanks guys. It took awhiiiiiiiiiiile but should roll good.

I can't wait for the dnx truggy
Originally Posted by BoysMakingNosie
+1 Rui... There are pros and cons to every buggy out there, Im with you IM NOT saying its difficult to work on but there are other buggies that are easier! The Durango has alot of really nice features.

I did not have any problems seting up my brakes maybe I had more thread but I was able to screw them into where I wanted them(My friend had to shim his)

I will be doing a Indoor Race this weekend on some Very Nice Blue Groove, I will let everyone know how it performs there
Good luck racing this weekend guys, hope she handles as good as she looks!

Boo Boo
Old 12-25-2010, 12:07 PM
Tech Lord

I have more nick names than most people have socks. Boo boo is my newest one I always seem to bust up my hand or burn my arm or something. Last month I tried to sever my thumb with a fly wheel andthen when I was building the dnx I busted a 1.5mm hex wrench and shoved t into my hand right at the finger. I managed to hit an artery and blood was squirting out of my hand pretty good so after I soaked a shop towel I went in and asked my wife to take me to the urgent care because the back side of my hand filled up with blood and swelled up like I broke it. Inwas worried that the internal bleeding wouldn't stop so a trip to the urgent care a tetanus shot and antibiotics and Inwas back building in an hour. so I picked up a new nickname. Boo Boo.

Btw when there was meat hanging out from my thumb I wrapped it and pit some tape on it and raced. I won the truggy main that day and tqed buggy truggy and e truggy it was a clean sweep. I finished on the podium in the buggy and managed to drive the e truggy out of the park and lost a drive pin. But what a day. Ohh ya a little banged il hand isn't keeping me from racing tomorrow either.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

Frank, you've opened my eyes to a whole new meaning of "run it into the ground". You need a week of.
B!
Old 12-25-2010, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Ok guys, a few questions. So do the servos sit right on the chassis? Or is there some type of cradle or mount in between the two?
The question of whether or not I have to grind the rear chassis brace has already been answered.
So does the battery box really have to be disassembled to remove the battery?
Also it would appear that the shock shafts are losi style in which the pistons are held down with screws vs a thrd shaft and a nut.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.