Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Does anyone know when the new springs and c-hubs will be available?
Old 04-18-2012, 02:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beanforge
If your search "Durango DNX408 Update Bag" your come across part numbers TD290014, 15 and 16. These are PNs for updated turnbuckles. I'm guessing that's all it is...

I've been wrong before.
Hi guys, have confirmed via the Australian TD distributor that the 'update' bag is indeed all the V2 upgrades to essentially turn the V1 into the latest spec V2. Email response as follows:

this is what’s going to be included as notified by Team Durango:

V2 Fuel Tank

V2 Radio Box

Combined PT and Throttle Mount

Redesigned front bumper and front gear cover

Improved shock diaphragms

Redesigned wing mount

We just heard back from the last night; hope this helps.

Better snap up a V1 kit while you still can at the run-out price, as you're gonna come out a whole lot cheaper buying one of these plus the 'update' bag instead of the new V2 kit

Frank
Old 04-18-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

That's great I just ordered my V1 kit yesterday
Old 04-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

Tower Hobbies have the V2 in stock

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCBXT&P=7
Old 04-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KinzR
wow I didn't realise that towerhobbies had so many dnx parts in stock... and what exactly is this...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCCMP&P=7
So, do you think that the above PNs are just varying amounts of the items you listed from the Oz TD distributor?
Old 04-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Well my DNX408 was working the best it has this past weekend! I still have some tweaking to do on the setup but it is getting really close so I figured it was time I get some new stuff for it. Ordered me a new engine and also the Ascendency clutch...so I was wondering what springs I should start out with...the stock DNX408 springs were a bit too stiff for me so I went to the Mugen .9 springs which are a bit too soft...so I am looking for something in the middle of that.
Originally Posted by BrakeTurnAccelerate
Depends on which engine you're going to be running. I would say 4 x .95 would be about right. That was my base setup for the M2C clutch.
The Ascendancy clutch only has .9, 1.0, and 1.1...so are you saying use 2 of the 1.0 and 2 of the .9?
Old 04-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
The Ascendancy clutch only has .9, 1.0, and 1.1...so are you saying use 2 of the 1.0 and 2 of the .9?
Try running 2 .9 and 2 1.0, also if you ever go back to your old setup try running 2 1.0 and a .9 this really helps out when it gets slippery
Old 04-18-2012, 02:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beanforge
So, do you think that the above PNs are just varying amounts of the items you listed from the Oz TD distributor?
TBH i really don't know where the part no. comes into it, as it look like it's been quoted wrong on several sites (inc TD's).

Just order the 'update' bag (which is what i've done).
Old 04-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Tech Champion

I'm considering starting with my 4 shoe clutch with .9 springs due to the lighter shoe...I'm thinking .9 with the lighter shoe will feel more like the 1.0 with the heaver shoe.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:14 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys.

Any of you having success with the durango fuel gun on the v2 tank ?
the gun works great!! filling up the chassis and servos and spur gear with fuel..but can only get about 1/4 in the tank is it just me ? or are you all having this issue? its like the inner lip of tank block the flow holes of the gun ?

considering the Dynamite Fuel gun..because it looks like it has a smaller nozzle.? any luck with this one ?
also just been told the TeamC fuel gun fits by my local Dingo dealer.. is this true ?

Last edited by Warrenvd; 04-19-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello friends i have a DNX408 kit and i want to now how can i do to reduce the steering sloop if you can help me.

thanks
Old 04-21-2012, 06:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello friends i have a DNX408 kit and i want to now how can i do to reduce the steering sloop if you can help me.

thanks
Old 04-21-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

Drill out the flattened edge and dismiss the original bushing. Use two flanged bearing size 3x6x2,5 or 3x6x3, some shims and a regular 3mm bolt.

That did it for me.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i've done all i can think of to get my buggy started with this new engine, and i'm at the point where i'm going to grind out the chassis ... i am using the dynamite ready to run starter box, everything is aligned properly and i even put in a slightly thinner wheel from another started box.

The question i have is when i do grind out the chassis, is it really going to hurt anything? I'm only making the whole wide enough to get the starting wheel up in to contact the flywheel just not sure how of the chassis to grind out. If anyone has pictures of what they have done, i would greatly appreciate it. It is almost to the point that i am considering not using this until next year when i will have more money to spend on another starter box
Old 04-21-2012, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroharry
i've done all i can think of to get my buggy started with this new engine, and i'm at the point where i'm going to grind out the chassis ... i am using the dynamite ready to run starter box, everything is aligned properly and i even put in a slightly thinner wheel from another started box.

The question i have is when i do grind out the chassis, is it really going to hurt anything? I'm only making the whole wide enough to get the starting wheel up in to contact the flywheel just not sure how of the chassis to grind out. If anyone has pictures of what they have done, i would greatly appreciate it. It is almost to the point that i am considering not using this until next year when i will have more money to spend on another starter box
I dont have any pictures of my chassis....but I did grind mine a little....I just kept with the same "bevel" edge angle from the left to right of the chassis, and opened her up a bit....I didnt measure how much, but I would guess about maybe 1/8" on each side...I ran all last year and there was not ANY problems that I found in doing that...just dont get too crazy with the opening because you dont want to make is so large that rocks and debris have a better chance of slipping in there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.