Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hello everyone, I would like to share my site to everyone!

http://stigenbergsrc.blogspot.se/
Old 04-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

hi guys,
what do you think about mounting the DEX408 wing on ours DNX??

do you think will be any side effects??
Old 04-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jackdani
hi guys,

I'm pretty sure Ryan has used it a couple of times
Old 04-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jackdani
hi guys,

Less rear downforce. The rear will be much looser in high speed corners, but it may jump a little better.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

I wonder what you guys are running for drop settings in front and rear? what is the most used drop on the dnx408?
Old 04-12-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

My Neo Set-up is posted on my website. Very similar to last year. This track is very different from most any track out there. This year the layout was very "Slow". No big jump landings. Just smooth slow doubles and lots of corners. This was the softest set-up I have ever ran.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by BrNeeto
Hi guys!
I looking a DNX408 with Novarossi P5 and 3005 pipe (www .rc-mushroom. com/product_info.php/novarossi-buggy-efra-3005-with-ring-chambers-strengthened-p-15579). That's fits ok?

Thanks!
Someone?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DRCRacer299
My Neo Set-up is posted on my website. Very similar to last year. This track is very different from most any track out there. This year the layout was very "Slow". No big jump landings. Just smooth slow doubles and lots of corners. This was the softest set-up I have ever ran.
How did it feel with the battery moved forward?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FMLinero
How did it feel with the battery moved forward?
Ooops. Forgot to mention that!
It wasn't to much different really. I mean I practically ran a very similar set-up to last year with the battery in the rear. This track steering was needed as it was pretty loose. If anything being able to remove the 'battery' portion of the radio box allows for more cooling in the rear of the car! (Feel wise it's hard to say though as this track was so different from anything else out there.)
Old 04-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DRCRacer299
Ooops. Forgot to mention that!
It wasn't to much different really. I mean I practically ran a very similar set-up to last year with the battery in the rear. This track steering was needed as it was pretty loose. If anything being able to remove the 'battery' portion of the radio box allows for more cooling in the rear of the car! (Feel wise it's hard to say though as this track was so different from anything else out there.)
Good Run at Neo Ryan, Looks like you Carson have a good sho at worlds this year i know that a ways away but Good Luck to you guys. I Ran my car for the firs time last weekend and man was it good the car was so easy to drive compared to my Mugen, it was honestly like going from 2wd to 4wd, i was running a cross between yours and Carsons setup from Nitro Challenge, the car had tons and i mean tons of on power steering, honetsly the harder i pushed the car into the corner the lower my lap times got i was amazed at how far i could push the car and it just kept getting better.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jsp619
.... the car was so easy to drive compared to my Mugen, it was honestly like going from 2wd to 4wd,....
First time I have heard that.

I have heard that the Mugens are an exceptionally easy car to setup and wheel. I have not personally driven one, but I will before the end of this month hopefully.

I love my dingo, but has been a lil bit feisty as far as setup goes. A lot of it could be blamed on my lack of knowledge with setup, but it has forced me too learn. I don't mind a challenge.

Last edited by Limywidget; 04-12-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Limywidget

I have heard that the Mugens are an exceptionally easy car to setup and wheel. I have not personally driven one, but I will before the end of this month hopefully.
+1

mugen is easier to drive for sure & forgives almost everything.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Limywidget

Originally Posted by gt racing
+1

mugen is easier to drive for sure & forgives almost everything.
I had teh MBX 6 Since january 2008 and that car was never easy to drive as far i am concerned, and thats not to bad mouth the car cause Mugen does build one hell of a race machine the quality is top notch and the car rareley if ever goes through parts but it can be a handfull very loose in the rear. The DNX just feels way more planted to me but that may simply be a driving style prefernce.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Bar NONE, MP9 is the best buggy on the planet! Let's get this thread back to on track a bit:

What hop-up parts are must-have for this car -- minus the seemingly defunct V2 radio tray since lutz ran the batt up front now.

Later,
Old 04-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CoryD
Bar NONE, MP9 is the best buggy on the planet! Let's get this thread back to on track a bit:

What hop-up parts are must-have for this car -- minus the seemingly defunct V2 radio tray since lutz ran the batt up front now.

Later,
Read his posts Cory. Doesn't seem like a permanent thing, and the v2 tray gives you alot more room for reciver and wirering as well.

A carbon fiber radio plate seems like a must have. It will prevent too much radient heat to travel into servos and the reciever compartment.

v2 tank too as a lot of people have been complaining about bubbles from the original tank.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.