Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 04-06-2012, 03:46 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Pulse_
Can you guys help me to find a starting setup for this track?

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

This is me driving the JQ but I will try the Durango next time
No one has a suggestion of setup for this track? I'm racing my converted DNX408 this week-end so it would be nice from you
Old 04-06-2012, 06:00 AM
Tech Initiate

No one has a suggestion of setup for this track? I'm racing my converted DNX408 this week-end so it would be nice from you
have you looked on the durango website for dex408 setups

not sure how many run electric
Old 04-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default DNX408 Gearcase V2?

I understand there is an updated gearcase for the DNX, is this another part that TD has updated but kept the same part #? Anyone know which shop is most likely to have it?
Old 04-06-2012, 02:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

If someone know what lutz and jorn use for setup at neo 2012. post it right away
Old 04-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by putte_Rolf
If someone know what lutz and jorn use for setup at neo 2012. post it right away
On Ryan's website he talks about using most of last years setup, so I'd look for that as a good starting point.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Is anyone using the JC Illusion wing on their DNX? If so what wing angle do you have it at? One week before the season begins so I have a lot of work to get done. Kyosho springs are on, V2 gastank and reciever box are going in this weekend. Now just to get some 8 Racing shock Towers on it
Attached Thumbnails Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-dsc06854small.jpg  
Old 04-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

Ryan's buggy from Neo12, from LiveRC

Old 04-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

^^^^^

Is that the battery cable tied in a forward positon?
Old 04-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by thorns
^^^^^

Is that the battery cable tied in a forward positon?
Thats what it looks like, maybe some team drivers are trying out a few things for the Worlds this year.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hipster
have you looked on the durango website for dex408 setups

not sure how many run electric
Yes I did, and checked Ryan Lutz's setups too. It doesn't matter so much if it's nitro or electric. I'm always running nitro setups on my brushless buggies, I just need a setup to start then I do little mods once I'm on the track if needed .

I'm just wondering which setup to choose as a basis for quite flat and loose track, with very few jumps. The car is all ready now, just waiting for its setup to race it tomorrow . I looked at many setups and vids but all the tracks have massive jumps so I doubt the setups I found are adequate
Old 04-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by FearNothing321
Ryan's buggy from Neo12, from LiveRC
Looks like a different front bulkhead too...normally the front shock tower bolts in front of the front bulkhead...the one in that pic is behind.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Looks like a different front bulkhead too...normally the front shock tower bolts in front of the front bulkhead...the one in that pic is behind.
Here's a bigger pic

http://www.liverc.com/photos/albums/...5-DSC_0040/lg/

It's not the first time they test "weird" things on the front bulkhead. Maybe what we're looking at here is just to add some weight on the front.

Also i think they might be testing a different chassis, or at least Jorn is not using the stock one.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Yes I did, and checked Ryan Lutz's setups too. It doesn't matter so much if it's nitro or electric. I'm always running nitro setups on my brushless buggies, I just need a setup to start then I do little mods once I'm on the track if needed .

I'm just wondering which setup to choose as a basis for quite flat and loose track, with very few jumps. The car is all ready now, just waiting for its setup to race it tomorrow . I looked at many setups and vids but all the tracks have massive jumps so I doubt the setups I found are adequate
have a look @ elliot boots slough setup

that would be a good base setup
Old 04-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Try this as a start: http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/867...ough422012.jpg

Now its a lot warmer in the UK, I have gone to 700cst front oil and 600cst in the back. Also moved to 10degree castor blocks to gain a bit more off power steering.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stg099
Hey guys, my kit came in yesterday and I'll be starting the build in the next couple of weeks. I was curious if there was a particular setup that seemed to work best in the chicagoland area (Leisure Hours, H2, Clark R/C park). I'd like to build the kit from the start with a halfway decent setup on it so I'm not too far off.

Also, are people running the 2mm rear mod all the time, or is that a track by track type adjustment? I noticed on Lutz's setups that some listed it in the notes, but others didn't.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this, looking forward to my first foray into nitro.
Apparently no one has time to answer your question STG. I don't have an exact answer for you, BUT if you try and keep up with the Mugen in front of you throughout the race you should do just fine...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.