Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by thorns
What I did with mine, is drill a hole in top of my starter box where the manifold support hole is. Put a screw up from underneath the starter box lid, and you will be able to get perfect alignment. Need to thank someone on here for mentioning this method, works a treat on my GO starter box. Should do the same on any box would think.

Thanks again whoever it was that mentioned this
Modified quite a few peoples boxes to use the exhaust hanger mount.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

DNX408 v2 announced!!!

The only new bit appears to be a combined throttle pivot and pt mount.

The other 'new' bits are the V2 tank, V2 radio tray, revised shock bladders, the updated wing mount and the updated bumper & nose which most people have probably already got....so no need to worry about your car being out of date....just a bit better value if you are buying a new one...
Old 03-23-2012, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jaf1977
Wow... Did not see that one coming.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

No real changes, I will just update as I break the bits
Old 03-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What sorts of item(s) break on this car? Curious what spares I should have on hand.

Thanks,
Old 03-23-2012, 12:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CoryD
What sorts of item(s) break on this car? Curious what spares I should have on hand.

Thanks,
All of them... I've actually never broken a part that I had in stock, and I stock most of them.
What i did break was a brake disk and shock shaft. I also broke the front hingepin holder, and that is something you should stock up on, though after I kept a spare, I haven't broken it...
Old 03-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaf1977
DNX408 v2 announced!!!

The only new bit appears to be a combined throttle pivot and pt mount.

The other 'new' bits are the V2 tank, V2 radio tray, revised shock bladders, the updated wing mount and the updated bumper & nose which most people have probably already got....so no need to worry about your car being out of date....just a bit better value if you are buying a new one...
I wish they would use different part numbers for the updated parts.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

This "V2" update really seems to be a big middle-finger to the consumer. Most of these "V2" parts have been out for a while, and really should have been rolled into the original kits as they were released.

The V2 doesn't address any of the issues that would make people come back to Durango. The driveline wasn't touched at all. Geometry wasn't touched at all.. I would have at the very least expected high-grade steel center shafts, spring steel would have been nice. Something as simply as that would only cost the difference in changing materials.. Which is what, $0.50 per kit at the most?

It just seems like the V2 should be so much more, it really comes up short, IMHO.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Ive been researching this buggy because I really miss nitro, the price is right, and Durango cars look sweet but these probably should have been running changes. Why not include the dual position hubs? The V1 is going for 350-370. How much do ya think this will jack the price up?

Last edited by RacerEckss; 03-24-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RacerEckss
Ive been researching this buggy because I really miss nitro, the price is right, and Durango cars look sweet but these probably should have been running changes. Why not include the dual position hubs? The V1 is going for 350-370. How much do ya think this will jack the price up?
The V1 is only cheap because HRP is clearing out their inventory, due to the Hobbico buy-out. If that didn't happen, it would still be at the original $569.99 or whatever it was.

As much as I hate on the V2 branding, the DNX is still a good car. I don't mind the upgrades not being included, just wish there was more to the V2 update.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Tech Initiate

I see. Well I hope it doesn't go up too much. I'm crushing on this car even with my obvious brand allegiance. Lol!
Old 03-25-2012, 12:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BrakeTurnAccelerate
Most of these "V2" parts have been out for a while, and really should have been rolled into the original kits as they were released.
That's why I didn't expect it. Apart from the combined throttle and transponder arm (which I like!) I've got the upgrades.
I agree that the parts should just have replaced the parts already included in the kit and let the name stay the same.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BrakeTurnAccelerate
This "V2" update really seems to be a big middle-finger to the consumer. Most of these "V2" parts have been out for a while, and really should have been rolled into the original kits as they were released.

The V2 doesn't address any of the issues that would make people come back to Durango. The driveline wasn't touched at all. Geometry wasn't touched at all.. I would have at the very least expected high-grade steel center shafts, spring steel would have been nice. Something as simply as that would only cost the difference in changing materials.. Which is what, $0.50 per kit at the most?

It just seems like the V2 should be so much more, it really comes up short, IMHO.
Well I never left to have to come back...as far as the issues...while I do acknowledge that the drive line issues have affected some people, it doesn't seem to be a majority of them. I suspect the V1 radio box had something to do with it in that the clearance between the radio box and the rear drive shaft was very small and would often either rub or get dirt/mud stuck between them which would cause a small but long term stress on the rear drive coupling. The V2 radio box has more clearance between the drive shaft and the radio box. If Durango determined that what I posted above was the issue then it would make sense that they would not need to come out with a new drive shaft because the new radio box would fix that issue.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:19 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Huleboer
Apart from the combined throttle and transponder arm
Which arm is this? I haven't seen this yet.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:03 AM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Which arm is this? I haven't seen this yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.