Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default throttle

hi all,

mind sharing how u guys settle the throttle issues ? i still cant get the carb fully return to neutral after full throttle.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DRCRacer299
This was a mod that some of the guys were doing. In general the thought process is that it made the car a little more stable going through bumps. However what it also does is put more weight further back which IMHO is not what this car needs. Between that and having to bend the sway bar to work and it always binding on me are the reasons why I have always went back to the stock configuration.
Thanks Ryan, congrats on the weekend, great drives/bad luck.

When will you have your setups ready to post from your dex and dnx408's?
Old 02-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rossii
hi all,

mind sharing how u guys settle the throttle issues ? i still cant get the carb fully return to neutral after full throttle.
Put a throttle return brand around the carb and carb pivot ball.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default tq

Originally Posted by jmackani
thanks for the advice.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jpm1
Thanks Ryan, congrats on the weekend, great drives/bad luck.

When will you have your setups ready to post from your dex and dnx408's?
They are already posted for the DNX408, DEX408 and DNX408T

http://lutzinator.com/?page_id=78
Old 02-29-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Nitro Noob

Afternoon guys.

I'm thinking about picking up my first nitro buggy. The Rango happens to be on sale @ Amain at the moment.

I've been running electric 1/10 for 2 years, and I had a DEX410 for a while, so I'm aware that Durango goes about things differently. That said, the last time I ran a nitro car was about 10 years ago when people raced Revos MTs.

How is the parts availability? I'm assuming that most tracks don't stock Durango parts, but will I have any issues ordering online? The "special" price leads me to believe that a replacement is coming soon. Will I have problems finding parts in the future?

Any known problems that I should look out for/be aware of? Building tips?

For those well versed in 1/8, as a noob, am I better off going with something that has local parts support? When I had my 410, I had to become a rolling hobby shop.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jmackani
+1
Old 02-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
Afternoon guys.

I'm thinking about picking up my first nitro buggy. The Rango happens to be on sale @ Amain at the moment.

I've been running electric 1/10 for 2 years, and I had a DEX410 for a while, so I'm aware that Durango goes about things differently. That said, the last time I ran a nitro car was about 10 years ago when people raced Revos MTs.

How is the parts availability? I'm assuming that most tracks don't stock Durango parts, but will I have any issues ordering online? The "special" price leads me to believe that a replacement is coming soon. Will I have problems finding parts in the future?

Any known problems that I should look out for/be aware of? Building tips?

For those well versed in 1/8, as a noob, am I better off going with something that has local parts support? When I had my 410, I had to become a rolling hobby shop.
Go with something that has local part support. My friend has had problems finding parts in stock on line. Lucky for him it's not his only car. Amains price even tempted me for a moment. He has had tank problems, drive train ware issues, and leaky shocks. We have resolved everything, but the drive train. Hopefully a newer version will have these areas addressed. He hasn't been very impressed with how they have handled the issues as compared to other companies that released cars around the same time. It drives great though and that's why I was tempted at Amains price. I would suggest reading through the thread on any car your interested in. Seems most of the newer released cars have some sort of issue. Typically when you buy local you will have good parts support and other local drivers who can help you with issues or setups. My friend is the only Rango for miles, so it has been a challenge.

Last edited by Redxz; 02-29-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Redxz
Go with something that has local part support. My friend has had problems finding parts in stock on line. Lucky for him it's not his only car. Amains price even tempted me for a moment. He has had tank problems, drive train ware issues, and leaky shocks. We have resolved everything, but the drive train. Hopefully a newer version will have these areas addressed. He hasn't been very impressed with how they have handled the issues as compared to other companies that released cars around the same time. It drives great though and that's why I was tempted at Amains price. I would suggest reading through the thread on any car your interested in. Seems most of the newer released cars have some sort of issue. Typically when you buy local you will have good parts support and other local drivers who can help you with issues or setups. My friend is the only Rango for miles, so it has been a challenge.
be careful who your getting your info from. the owners of the car will speak a different tune. i'm a newer owner and i will say you'll have to sink your teeth into this car. its a thuroughbred race car. it takes attention to details and patience. you have to take your time and make it your car. TD didn't develope it to be thrown on the track with a base setup and make two changes and be "OK". its not perfect but from what i know now, if you invest time and really learn the car, i guarantee you'll be rewarded.

i think thats the biggest reason the drivers jumped ship. i think it really showed who is a real driver. there's a difference.

how much time has your friend invested in the car? if he has multiple cars is he really spending the time to make the car shine?

online parts availablity is just as good as any, i've been stocking up on parts for the season and haven't run into any parts absolute didn't have. its way different fromt the 1/10th line up.

give it a shot, go thru this thread and get some tips and just drive. i don't regret the purchase. parts are cheaper than others as a bonus
Old 02-29-2012, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t8rtot
be careful who your getting your info from. the owners of the car will speak a different tune. i'm a newer owner and i will say you'll have to sink your teeth into this car. its a thuroughbred race car. it takes attention to details and patience. you have to take your time and make it your car. TD didn't develope it to be thrown on the track with a base setup and make two changes and be "OK". its not perfect but from what i know now, if you invest time and really learn the car, i guarantee you'll be rewarded.

i think thats the biggest reason the drivers jumped ship. i think it really showed who is a real driver. there's a difference.

how much time has your friend invested in the car? if he has multiple cars is he really spending the time to make the car shine?

online parts availablity is just as good as any, i've been stocking up on parts for the season and haven't run into any parts absolute didn't have. its way different fromt the 1/10th line up.

give it a shot, go thru this thread and get some tips and just drive. i don't regret the purchase. parts are cheaper than others as a bonus

+1 For the original question,don't use local parts support for this car because it does not exist much of anywhere. You are internet savvy enough to find this forum, so more than likely you can find the parts online. I have only had 3 issues with mine. Front bumper, rear center drive shaft and wing mount which all have been corrected in the updated replacement parts. This car is made for racing and not many local hobby shops specialize in race only vehicles. In many instances in my area, it's just too expensive for them to try and stock parts and I have no problem getting what I need online. This car responds to every minor adjustment you make which in enough time you will find what works for you. Do you want to be winning races or watching from the back of pack and breaking parts? The guys out front usually do not need the parts which is where this vehicle can put you.

And for any setup help, Mr. Ryan Lutz has always been helpful on this forum and through his website, Facebook and his latest twitter account. Not many other vehicles come with his level of support.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

The only reason for the price drop, is due to Durango dropping HRP as a result of the sale to Hobbico. HRP has lifted the MAP pricing requirements and told retailers to blow 'em out. Once Hobbico takes over distribution, prices will go back to normal.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Top, I can't help as far as this car goes...but Madness does carry TD, so as a last resort, from a "local-ish" standpoint, you might be ok. I would also recomend calling Chris and see if maybe he has the bug in stock. Good chance he would at least meet AMain
Old 02-29-2012, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Hmmmm... I was an early adopter with the 1/10 scale car and waiting for parts sucked. Tuning isn't an issue, at least tuning the car isn't. I'm real rusty when it comes to tuning an engine.

That said, I'm sure I can stock most of the spares that I might need. I need to poke around my local track's forum and see if anybody else is running Durango around here. I know of a few DEX408s, but no DNX.

Outside of the normal wear items, is there a part that commonly fails on this car?

I'm slowly making my way through this thread. I'm on page 85, but there was mostly fluff before that.

Originally Posted by NitroOB4You
Top, I can't help as far as this car goes...but Madness does carry TD, so as a last resort, from a "local-ish" standpoint, you might be ok. I would also recomend calling Chris and see if maybe he has the bug in stock. Good chance he would at least meet AMain
If Chris has it, I'd much rather buy from there regardless of price. I'll give him a call. Thanks.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t8rtot

online parts availablity is just as good as any, i've been stocking up on parts for the season and haven't run into any zparts absolute didn't have. its way different fromt the 1/10th line up.

My friends biggest issue is he would rather drive then wrench, and it seems he and I have done plenty wrenching and tweaking to try to find something that works for him. For someone re-entering 1/8 scale there may be a better choice with local racer support, and local parts, via racers, or store.
My friend and I might have a better opinion of the car had he had some local racer support. Because I love to tinker, and wrench I have almost as much experience with his car as he does. It would be sitting on the shelf if I hadn't of said something.
There are alot of " thuroughbred" cars out there, and some that don't require one to work so hard to find a good setup.
My friend wanted to try the latest greatest, and it was not a good fit for him.

Go to the local track to see what guys are driving ask them questions, and I'm sure most would even let you try their car for a few laps.

Also, just because a guy is new to a site and not a "Tech Master" doesn't mean he hasn't been around for a while!
Old 02-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
Hmmmm... I was an early adopter with the 1/10 scale car and waiting for parts sucked. Tuning isn't an issue, at least tuning the car isn't. I'm real rusty when it comes to tuning an engine.

That said, I'm sure I can stock most of the spares that I might need. I need to poke around my local track's forum and see if anybody else is running Durango around here. I know of a few DEX408s, but no DNX.

Outside of the normal wear items, is there a part that commonly fails on this car?

I'm slowly making my way through this thread. I'm on page 85, but there was mostly fluff before that.

If Chris has it, I'd much rather buy from there regardless of price. I'll give him a call. Thanks.
At the current price, just buy 2. Then you have spares.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.