Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ready to rip!

Last edited by rc ace; 12-22-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fullsyzz
I have an extra hole in my chassis near the rear chassis brace. Could the mystery hole possibly be for a not yet released optional brace?
I was thinking the same thing. Let see what they say about it
Old 12-22-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I saw a pic that showed the option parts some where and can't remember if it was here or on another site. I'll look for it and post it unless someone beats me to it :P
Old 12-22-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

Default RC Wraps

Anybody selling wraps for the 408 body?
Old 12-22-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any word on the Durango tools? They sure look nice
Old 12-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I haven't seen any replacement clutch shoes and springs available. What are y'all using as replacements?
Old 12-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FMLinero
www.rcallstickers.com

if you have problem send me a PM and I ask them to contact you

Old 12-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMLinero
I ordered one from fastlane. They aren't on the website yet but chad can do them.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Tech Addict

i see yall keep talking about drive shafts poppin out. is there a fix for it in the works?
Old 12-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RePeTe
i see yall keep talking about drive shafts poppin out. is there a fix for it in the works?
You are on a wrong thread
Old 12-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TeamDurango
Hello, its been a busy day, but here goes with some answers.

Brakes - yeah that's an oversight on our part sorry, and we've comments on here before, I think. We add two cone washers for future production, so its possible to 'tune' the gap to what you like. Apologies for this one, its a case of test drivers noting all the important issues on pre-prod cars and forgetting to note something as simple as washers needed. An easy miss and an easy fix so don't beat us up too bad

Radio tray - most of the team remove the side guard for a proper clean down, its easy then to slide the radio box out. As part of ongoing development we are working on making radio box access and space etc better. We are pushing the boundaries of design and I have to say we put performance in front of easy access, but we can fine tune it.

Throttle linkages - they work great and we have had no problems, but we will offer an alloy throttle arm holder and as always, we have noted customer feedback and plan to make the box stock item better in the future.

Keep the feedback coming, but don't forget to also say how fast the car is, otherwise readers will think you hate the car!!

One final thing - please use the PDF set-up sheet on the website and "submit" it so it appears in our official database ( http://www.team-durango.com/pdf/setu...20Editable.pdf ) We are hassling the team to post more set-ups so how about your show them how easy it is. ( http://www.team-durango.com/blog/?p=775 )
excellent job guys thanks for the kick ass buggy!! can't wait for the truggy.....
and yea i must say the car is fast and best of all, my races are more consistent because this car allows you to make mistakes and just wants to stay on it's wheels, i was landing jumps side ways coming off corners and it would just bounce back on it's wheels it's like the thing is magnetic to the track!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TeamDurango
Hello, its been a busy day, but here goes with some answers.

Brakes - yeah that's an oversight on our part sorry, and we've comments on here before, I think. We add two cone washers for future production, so its possible to 'tune' the gap to what you like. Apologies for this one, its a case of test drivers noting all the important issues on pre-prod cars and forgetting to note something as simple as washers needed. An easy miss and an easy fix so don't beat us up too bad ........

.......Throttle linkages - they work great and we have had no problems, but we will offer an alloy throttle arm holder and as always, we have noted customer feedback and plan to make the box stock item better in the future.

Keep the feedback coming, but don't forget to also say how fast the car is, otherwise readers will think you hate the car!!

Hi,

I tried some brake configurations and found that for me the best solutions is to put an 1.3 shim and then replace the stock linkage spiring with a bit stiffer one, 2mm longer and less coils, that configuration work a lot better!! the carb return normally without any return spring or rubber band ( I use the rubber band also ) and the servo have less load.

I think that the best thing you can do is to put out an official tips section on your DNX408 web page ( like Xray does ) make pics of all the needed parts and its code and a complete procedure to make the mod.( there are skilled people ...... and others..)

... anyway I'm really waiting for the alloy throttle arm holder and split radio/battery box can you please be faster to put out these parts

Thnaks
Old 12-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default The Most Awesome Looking- Stock 1/8th Scale Buggy I've Ever Seen.

Hello Everyone-
I'm very very interested in buying this buggy. Can I please get some feedback from everyone and anyone that owns this buggy(Durango DNX408) and has experienced it's strength and durability. This is a great looking buggy and the design of the parts is like nothing I've ever seen. I am very interested in the strength of the upper and lower arms- front and rear, and the hinge pins as well(do the hinge pins bend easy?). And the strength of the front and rear; and center(front and rear) drive shafts as well.

How well is the buggy holding up in terms of wear of parts. Is anyone finding problems with the drivetrain? Has anyone broke this buggy yet? And if so- was it hard to get parts for this model?

If and when you broke any parts on your DNX408 Durango- did you feel that the part(s) should not have broke- or were you actually suprised that from the severity of the crash- were you suprised more parts did not break?

If and when you broke your front A-Arm- did you also bend the front drive shaft and shock shaft as well? Have you bent any of the drive shafts- in other words- if you rev the buggy a little while it's on your starter box- do any of your drive shafts wobble at all- or do they all spin quite exactly on their axis?

I would sure appreciate any information all of you DNX408 buggy owners can explain to me. The greater the detail- the better

PS. I will be converting this buggy to Electric because the DEX408 which is the electric buggy in the works as we speak- is set up for dual battery packs and at this point in time I like to run the single battery box configuration. Team Grid RC is in the design stages of a single battery configuration- complete brushless(electric) conversion kit for the Durango 1/8th Scale(DNX408) Nitro buggy. This buggy sure looks awesome

Note:
Durability- Balance and Lightweight seem to be the qualities which are said to define the DNX408. From what I've read about this buggy- It's said to be the most durable buggy made to date- and of the highest possible quality materials And all that combined with parts which from what I've seen and read- cost less than many 1/8th scale buggy replacement parts. Racing with this buggy looks like a win win situation

Thank you Team Durango- For Designing and releasing for sale- such an awesome looking 1/8th scale buggy.

Last edited by MindThoughts; 12-22-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Adept

RcAllStickers does it the best! for all your body,radio,starter box,setup board wraps
please visit http://www.rcallstickers.com/rcasshop/

Old 12-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rc ace
RcAllStickers does it the best! for all your body,radio,starter box,setup board wraps
please visit http://www.rcallstickers.com/rcasshop/

Awesome wraps

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.