Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inferno13
looks like you want a JQ here? make up your mind, i went D8 HARA!! Very easy to work on and tuff!!
Pssh, you'll sell that JK enjoy your new ride! On another note congrads to Lutz
Old 11-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Limywidget
Where's the engine???
Lol it's going to be a brushless dnx408. Just waiting on the conversion kit.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:34 AM
Tech Addict

Again my buggy was hooked last weekend,I wasn't.it's hard to get track time lately.
Track is very technical,hard packed, little dusty on outer edges,it held moisture very well on cloudy day.was traction rolling one qual and wrecked everywhere. Signed up for intermediate but not enough so was put in with experts, didn't go over well with some would've done better if I had ran my race instead of watching behind me, I didn't want to hear any complaining.
I've been running shocks out on arm in on tower, tried middle on tower due to amount of jumps but went back to inside.
Med cityblocks
Diffs 5,7,3
Sway bars- thickest,fr and rear
B pistons - 3 hole all around
45wt front,40wt rear
10 caster
-2 camber all around,toe out 2

Now if I can get more track time I may be able to catch up with my buggy!
Old 11-22-2011, 04:42 AM
Tech Addict

Also ;
2mm rear mod
Short wheelbase
Long camber links bottom hole on tower
TD white springs all around

Once I get my new OS engine I'll have a smoother band and longer run times.

Last edited by Kolunatic; 11-22-2011 at 04:56 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kolunatic
Again my buggy was hooked last weekend,I wasn't.it's hard to get track time lately.
Track is very technical,hard packed, little dusty on outer edges,it held moisture very well on cloudy day.was traction rolling one qual and wrecked everywhere. Signed up for intermediate but not enough so was put in with experts, didn't go over well with some would've done better if I had ran my race instead of watching behind me, I didn't want to hear any complaining.
I've been running shocks out on arm in on tower, tried middle on tower due to amount of jumps but went back to inside.
Med cityblocks
Diffs 5,7,3
Sway bars- thickest,fr and rear
B pistons - 3 hole all around
45wt front,40wt rear
10 caster
-2 camber all around,toe out 2

Now if I can get more track time I may be able to catch up with my buggy!
KO, your buggy was hooked up! When I drove it on the track I was immediately able to get comfortable and put down a couple of good laps without a hint of a bobble.

There's bound to be a lot of debate about this but , if the experts are really experts then it is their responsibility to find a line around you without hacking you, period . There are some folks that try to intimidate by barking when in reality it was just their own fault and they should have found a good line around. I hold my line when driving and maintain that if you're behind me, there's a reason for it. Even if they're putting a lap on you, they still have to find a clean line around you .

You paid your money to race and be on the track just like everyone else did. You're good enough to concentrate on your race and hold your lines, so just let them handle their business and try to get around - or I'm just going to keep yelling at you from pitlane
Old 11-22-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Spads11
KO, your buggy was hooked up! When I drove it on the track I was immediately able to get comfortable and put down a couple of good laps without a hint of a bobble.

There's bound to be a lot of debate about this but , if the experts are really experts then it is their responsibility to find a line around you without hacking you, period . There are some folks that try to intimidate by barking when in reality it was just their own fault and they should have found a good line around. I hold my line when driving and maintain that if you're behind me, there's a reason for it. Even if they're putting a lap on you, they still have to find a clean line around you .

You paid your money to race and be on the track just like everyone else did. You're good enough to concentrate on your race and hold your lines, so just let them handle their business and try to get around - or I'm just going to keep yelling at you from pitlane

HAHAHA, man I am glad our racers here have more respect than that. If your getting lapped you need to MOVE and not jam up the line. Bottom line is the faster driver should not have to drive in the fluff to get around a lapper. The person getting lapped should be out in the fluff letting the leaders or people faster than him by. If you thinks it's ok to just hang out in the line and make faster guys fight to lap you then I bet there are not many of the fast guys at your track that want to pit with you or help you very often

Go to a big race and listen to the announcer, they tell the slower cars to MOVE OVER for the faster cars. They don't say. "stay in the line, Jam up the faster car, and make him work to get around you."
Old 11-22-2011, 08:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Chris Peralta
HAHAHA, man I am glad our racers here have more respect than that. If your getting lapped you need to MOVE and not jam up the line. Bottom line is the faster driver should not have to drive in the fluff to get around a lapper. The person getting lapped should be out in the fluff letting the leaders or people faster than him by. If you thinks it's ok to just hang out in the line and make faster guys fight to lap you then I bet there are not many of the fast guys at your track that want to pit with you or help you very often

Go to a big race and listen to the announcer, they tell the slower cars to MOVE OVER for the faster cars. They don't say. "stay in the line, Jam up the faster car, and make him work to get around you."
I don't remember saying stay in the line to jam anybody up and we are talking about club racing. So, you're saying someone should screw up their own race to move out of the way? Silly notion if you ask me. And yes, I am respected because I do let faster folks by, by keeping my line and not driving all over the lane. So, in essence I do let them around by not being erratic - nice try.

And I bet you all play hell getting new drivers to stay bc they never get better worrying about who needs to get by, really?
Old 11-22-2011, 08:26 AM
Tech Champion

Well there are 2 schools of thought on that...one is to hold the line but not fight the person passing...just slow up a bit and let them by. The reason for that is because people trying to move out of the way often behave erratically and can end up taking both people out. The other way of moving out of the way is for the one getting lapped to move out of the way. Which works best really depends on the skill of the driver being lapped. Newer and less skilled drivers will tend to panic when trying to get out of the way so for them it is better if they hold their line while more experienced and skilled drivers will be able to move out of the way without incident. At big races you tend to get the more experienced drivers so having the announcer tell the slower driver to let them by works...but at a club level race that may not be the best solution.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Well there are 2 schools of thought on that...one is to hold the line but not fight the person passing...just slow up a bit and let them by. The reason for that is because people trying to move out of the way often behave erratically and can end up taking both people out. The other way of moving out of the way is for the one getting lapped to move out of the way. Which works best really depends on the skill of the driver being lapped. Newer and less skilled drivers will tend to panic when trying to get out of the way so for them it is better if they hold their line while more experienced and skilled drivers will be able to move out of the way without incident. At big races you tend to get the more experienced drivers so having the announcer tell the slower driver to let them by works...but at a club level race that may not be the best solution.
+1 Well said and I totally agree. When I'm trying to pass slower drivers they inevitably make a mistake; whether it be going wide or oversteer into the pipe and I'm by, simple as that. Last race I started second to last out nine and finished first in the main with every pass being very clean and I'm not a perfect driver. This is club racing and we want to attract more people to the sport, so we even have one to begin with, we can't scare less experienced drivers off by screaming and chastising them to get out the way. Who learns from that?
Old 11-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

+1 Well said and I totally agree. When I'm trying to pass slower drivers they inevitably make a mistake; whether it be going wide or oversteer into the pipe and I'm by, simple as that. Last race I started second to last out nine and finished first in the main with every pass being very clean and I'm not a perfect driver. This is club racing and we want to attract more people to the sport, so we even have one to begin with, we can't scare less experienced drivers off by screaming and chastising them to get out the way. Who learns from that?
If you have people screaming at other drivers you have other issues at your tracks that need to be handled. Around here we all talk to eachother, we all know who is faster than who and we give each other that respect. If one of our factory drivers TQ's the race and flames out on the down and quiet and is coming from the back of the pack I get out of his way when he catches me. Sure I was ahead of him on the clock and in that race but if I just keep driving MY line which happens to be the racing line and I don't let him by it's just going to frustrate him and me because having someone on yer a$$ for too long will normally make you screw up as well.

Maybe being in a smaller state where we all race together every weekend we are a closer bunch that gives one another that respect of pulling out of the racing line for faster drivers. I'm not saying drive off the track and wreck yourself to move but if you are taking part in a race you should have the ability to see the racing line and be able to drive wide in a corner. If you do have people that can't do that then maybe your race director could start a Novice class. Around here we have a novice class for guys to learn and it's a free class for all Novice drivers. Great way to help the new guys all learn together!!
Old 11-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Addict

Well that seemed to get some response
I'm not a novice,but at times there is enough to make a class.
I'm a good "sportsman" that got some third place hardware once in intermediate,on a totally different setup that I'm running now.during that intermediate race I was cool about being lapped. But my first time with the experts jacked me because I was watching behind instead of in front.

Seems like a good topic that a "neutral" person should start a thread about from Finland or something

I know I was tired from helping pit 4 people during that race, one big reason I'm wanting to go 1/5 scale!
Old 11-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Chris Peralta
if I just keep driving MY line which happens to be the racing line and I don't let him by it's just going to frustrate him and me because having someone on yer a$$ for too long will normally make you screw up as well.
If you hold your line but just let up a bit it is very easy for the faster driver to get by so he won't be on your tail for too long and it takes out much of the risk of the slower driver taking himself and other drivers out while trying to get out of the way.

Personally I will usually get out of the way if the situation allows for it. I may not be a top driver but I'm good enough to reasonably do that...but if I come up behind a novice driver I would rather he hold his line and let up on the throttle so I can get by instead of trying to get out of the way and end up taking himself and possibly me out trying to do the right thing.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Kolunatic
Well that seemed to get some response
I'm not a novice,but at times there is enough to make a class.
I'm a good "sportsman" that got some third place hardware once in intermediate,on a totally different setup that I'm running now.during that intermediate race I was cool about being lapped. But my first time with the experts jacked me because I was watching behind instead of in front.

Seems like a good topic that a "neutral" person should start a thread about from Finland or something

I know I was tired from helping pit 4 people during that race, one big reason I'm wanting to go 1/5 scale!
You're right, it's an endless topic that gets too personal on an impersonal conduit that offers little accountability.

1/5 scale is going to be pretty cool to watch! Can't wait unil the track starts racing.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You're right, it's an endless topic that gets too personal on an impersonal conduit that offers little accountability.

1/5 scale is going to be pretty cool to watch! Can't wait unil the track starts racing.
I saw some 1/5th scales run up at Area 51 on video. They just didn't look fun, looked sluggish and slow. Just my opinion, but they didn't look near as fun as the 1/8th scale stuff...
Old 11-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Tech Addict

I enjoy reading everyones tips/opinions. It's educational.
My biggest problem is when I get some practice and do good during race I don't get back to track for awhile. I can't make it every weekend, and it shows at times. I just do what I do.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.