Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Indigo
Hy,
does the Punisher Body from other Buggies fit the Durango??
FWIW, JC does make a body specifically for the DNX, part# 0223.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DRCRacer299
Hey guys,
I have some findings that i'm learning as I visit new tracks. I find I am liking running light green front and light blue fronts in the rear, Kyosho springs on tracks that are rougher. Also moving the shocks inside on the arm on the rougher tracks is helping as well.

So on highbite and smoother tracks I am liking the Dark blue fronts and the light green fronts in the rear along with shocks on the outside holes on the arms.

I still like the A piston 3 hole front and rear but I can see the advantage of doing B piston 3 hole on a rough track!

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!

Hey Ryan,

I was about to order the dark blue/lime green combo but this new information might change it...
Which combination do you think is the best overall? Thanks!

One good think about using front Kyosho springs on the 4 shocks is, if you want to try both combinations you only need to buy one extra pair!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

I just bought one of each pair
Old 11-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kolunatic
After a month I finally got to track and tested new setup. Very cool! I used white springs all 4, b pistons 3 hole, 45 fr,40 rear. Always have had shocks out on arms but may change top out due to amount of jumps on new layout. And grabbed thickest rear sway which helped. I let a " serpent" owner drive it and he even enjoyed it! So after tomorrows race I'll have to take notes on my setup.
Keep us updated!
Old 11-19-2011, 02:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Found why the Durango was plowing like a tank... Servo saver post stripped....

I remember this happening to someone else a while back. Isn't cold here on the Gulf coast, 70F's... No big crashes, maybe a cased jump or two. Definitely weird how the whole thing just stripped.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:48 AM
Tech Addict

Stuff will happen.
I've abused my buggy since January , ripped front end off at wot and still have original servo saver.I have mine more loose than factory spec, maybe that's why?
Old 11-19-2011, 04:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by drs92
Keep us updated!
Will do. I'm on "vacation". Race today then up to Austin to check out new track tomorrow tracks are totally different. Gotta keep from full wood today so I can race tomorrow having a second dingo helps.
Setup is pretty spot on to ryans tips, only I'm using TD springs since I bought every one.diffs 5,7,3
Oh yeah, medium city blocks on dry dusty hard packed. I'll see today how they do on damp track, but usually dries out by my round.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DRCRacer299
Hey guys,
I have some findings that i'm learning as I visit new tracks. I find I am liking running light green front and light blue fronts in the rear, Kyosho springs on tracks that are rougher. Also moving the shocks inside on the arm on the rougher tracks is helping as well.

So on highbite and smoother tracks I am liking the Dark blue fronts and the light green fronts in the rear along with shocks on the outside holes on the arms.

I still like the A piston 3 hole front and rear but I can see the advantage of doing B piston 3 hole on a rough track!

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!
Can't thank you enough Ryan for all your help to all of us.
Good luck to you as well and may you and your family have a happy thanksgiving.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Will do. I'm on "vacation". Race today then up to Austin to check out new track tomorrow tracks are totally different. Gotta keep from full wood today so I can race tomorrow having a second dingo helps.
Setup is pretty spot on to ryans tips, only I'm using TD springs since I bought every one.diffs 5,7,3
Oh yeah, medium city blocks on dry dusty hard packed. I'll see today how they do on damp track, but usually dries out by my round.
Cool look forward to it !!! Wood is not a great friend lol, I prefer plastic pipe...they seem good to me
Old 11-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hi eveyrone, My durango has a fair bit of slop on the rear arms, as in forward and back movement when pushed forward and back by hand. Does this do anything when driving? Should i replace the rear or wait untill they break? I am not a serious racer, just casually going to the track whenever i can. I am thinking just leaving them and wait for them to break to replace them. Just wanted to see what everyone elses opinion is.
Also, is there any upgraded centre drive shafts available because mine seem to wear quite quickly? When i say wear i mean the pin and the actual cup the pin sits into.
I hope someone can help me out.
thanks
matt
Old 11-20-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bundyracer
Hi eveyrone, My durango has a fair bit of slop on the rear arms, as in forward and back movement when pushed forward and back by hand. Does this do anything when driving? Should i replace the rear or wait untill they break? I am not a serious racer, just casually going to the track whenever i can. I am thinking just leaving them and wait for them to break to replace them. Just wanted to see what everyone elses opinion is.
Also, is there any upgraded centre drive shafts available because mine seem to wear quite quickly? When i say wear i mean the pin and the actual cup the pin sits into.
I hope someone can help me out.
thanks
matt
If you just bash around with it I would wait until they break. If it is really bad you just have to be careful that it is not stressing other components. There have been rumors floating about an upgraded center drive line, but no pics or info about release.

Last edited by Limywidget; 11-20-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Limywidget
There have been rumors floating about for an upgraded center drive line, but no pics or info about release.
http://www.team-durango.com/blog/201...riveshaft-set/
Old 11-20-2011, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by captain america
but that is for the 410
Old 11-20-2011, 03:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by captain america
That's for the dex410
Old 11-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

That's for the dex410
I bet its equivalent though. It will prolly cross right over...the "d" joint.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.