Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 12-19-2010, 03:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sucks to hear about part shortages already. 3 weeks and not all parts are in stock really is troubling to me. This was one of my main concerns with this car. The Dex410 was hard to get parts for with many parts sitting on back order for long periods of time.
I hope Durango is learning from this and has it's customers backed up quickly.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=ironpeddler;8363764]What do you guys use to screw the plastic end-cap w/hole onto the shock shaft without scratching the piss out of the shaft while holding it in place??[/QU

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...lver-Gun-Metal
Old 12-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Adept

took my durango out today and man the thing handles awsome out of the box i could drive it like my truggie so agressive and it just stayed on it's toes.... i did manage to break a lower arm but by chance the hobby shop had 1 in stock i was shocked! but i did hit an i beam and wall a full force i recomend this thing with it's low center of gravity it hit jumps with ez!! very happy and the breaks are solid!!!!
Old 12-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by apex-racing
took my durango out today and man the thing handles awsome out of the box i could drive it like my truggie so agressive and it just stayed on it's toes.... i did manage to break a lower arm but by chance the hobby shop had 1 in stock i was shocked! but i did hit an i beam and wall a full force i recomend this thing with it's low center of gravity it hit jumps with ez!! very happy and the breaks are solid!!!!
What setup did you run? What is the track like?
Old 12-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

holy crap you hit a i beam at full force sounds like rum and eggnog and racing dont mix lol,but glad to hear it handles awesome i new it would,good stuff!!
Old 12-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

we have all the parts in stock that HRP has received. thanks
Old 12-19-2010, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default First Impression

Just Finished the built half way Through and parts quality and design are the best I ever seen. Lots of Screws and Thread Locking needed. I dont think the kit has a weakpoint cause all the support needed are creatively made. Its built like a tank IMO.

During the built, I notice that my front bulk head has a bind so I need to beak it apart again. Damn, when I was removing the set screw from the coupler that holds the pin for Pinion and the Center Drive Shaft the tip of my 1.5 mm hex broke off (To much thread lock I think and a cheap ass hex tool). Its stuck in the hole of the set screw. Just my damn luck. Any ideas of how i can undo it? TIA..
Old 12-19-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by oggietiu
Just Finished the built half way Through and parts quality and design are the best I ever seen. Lots of Screws and Thread Locking needed. I dont think the kit has a weakpoint cause all the support needed are creatively made. Its built like a tank IMO.

During the built, I notice that my front bulk head has a bind so I need to beak it apart again. Damn, when I was removing the set screw from the coupler that holds the pin for Pinion and the Center Drive Shaft the tip of my 1.5 mm hex broke off (To much thread lock I think and a cheap ass hex tool). Its stuck in the hole of the set screw. Just my damn luck. Any ideas of how i can undo it? TIA..
OGGI, How do you like the SAVOX servos?
Old 12-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by infanterene
I hadnt seen this post untill now. I did build mine correctly but was unaware of the program. That program seems fair to me, I hope its still available. By the way, are you still running the setup you posted from Pattaya? Is that with blue springs?
You need to check with the dealer you bought the kit from. Basically it was available for all 2009spec owners.

Yes the setup is still the same. I've not been able to drive it since Worlds due to winter. Springs are the original blue ones. Have not tried the optional parts yet. However I noticed the rear end being a bit loose on box setup so hubs forward + 1deg optional hubs and then I raised the rear link and it helped me. It kind of a depends how you feel the rear is loose. To me it was rotating OK and controllable but when going on-throttle was handfull in the beginning. Also I'm sure you get the car better when we'll receive the optional springs etc. and I'm planning to test the conical pistons as well.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:32 AM
Tech Regular

Damn, when I was removing the set screw from the coupler that holds the pin for Pinion and the Center Drive Shaft the tip of my 1.5 mm hex broke off (To much thread lock I think and a cheap ass hex tool). Its stuck in the hole of the set screw. Just my damn luck. Any ideas of how i can undo it? TIA..
Same thing happen to me, except my broken 1,5 tip came easily out of the hole, damn thread lock then I buy the 1,5 hex tool from Hudy(15,about 20$) WOW the screw come out immediately!!! It certainly worth the money
Old 12-20-2010, 01:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI
OGGI, How do you like the SAVOX servos?
Its been working Flawless so far. I got the HV ones 25 kg torque steering and 20 kg torque for my throttle. Its way too much I know but the hobby shop owner let us test those. I like it because i dont have to use regulators.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

I forgot to ask a while ago. Its just that its the first time I ve seen it. Why does the Differential of the kit doesnt have that washer between the o ring and the bevel gear? I assembled the diffs without looking at the manual and I went crazy looking for that washer. Turns out the diffs doesnt really have that part. I feel that the diffs kinda tight to turn. 2000 diff oil in the rear felt like it was 7000.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TrickyMick
ProTek R/C Li-Poly Flat Receiver Battery Pack fits well.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Balancer-Plug
Thanks
Old 12-20-2010, 06:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I forgot to ask a while ago. Its just that its the first time I ve seen it. Why does the Differential of the kit doesnt have that washer between the o ring and the bevel gear? I assembled the diffs without looking at the manual and I went crazy looking for that washer. Turns out the diffs doesnt really have that part. I feel that the diffs kinda tight to turn. 2000 diff oil in the rear felt like it was 7000.
The only washer I used "per the manual" was the one between the case and bearing. My RC8 diffs did have a washer between the bevel gear and O-ring, but I did not see one for the 408's? Did I miss something?
Old 12-20-2010, 07:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kalgard Racing
The only washer I used "per the manual" was the one between the case and bearing. My RC8 diffs did have a washer between the bevel gear and O-ring, but I did not see one for the 408's? Did I miss something?
I assume you are talking about the 2 on the centre diff?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.