Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

A quick update since I went ahead and ranted before calling around a bit more. TD has updated their towers to remove the machined area where the camber links mount. I also confirmed that those are the towers that AMain currently has. I've ordered another set and am going to give them a try. These updated ones should work much better.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AMorgan
A quick update since I went ahead and ranted before calling around a bit more. TD has updated their towers to remove the machined area where the camber links mount. I also confirmed that those are the towers that AMain currently has. I've ordered another set and am going to give them a try. These updated ones should work much better.

Alright...I'm back in!
Old 09-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I am putting the my kit together and have run in to a problem.

Where the axles go through the front spindles it says to put 2 metal washers on one side against bearing and 1 metal washer on other side against bearing. Well the pin wont go through the threaded nut unless i take one of the washers out. Will this Cause any problems ?
Old 09-26-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Addict

evolution, use however many shims take the play out of the axles without binding them up. I believe I ended up with 1 with no shims and the rest all had 1.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AMorgan
evolution, use however many shims take the play out of the axles without binding them up. I believe I ended up with 1 with no shims and the rest all had 1.
well i have one on each side there is no side to side play as far as running through spindle and they spin freely through the spindle This is what you are talking about as far as play right.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

What about rear hubs? which ones are everyone using ? the one degree rear hubs or the others ?
Old 09-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Limywidget
When I spoke to the HRP rep they said to buy quick as the initial runs to the US were gonna to be very light. They said after the initial run it could be a month or two for the next run....

If you are in a bind I could pull mine out of my backup. It hasn't even seen fuel yet.
No I am not in a bind. The tank that is in there seems to be fine. I just wanted one before this weekend to have all Durango in it. The tank that is in there now is offset toward the drivers side of the vehicle so I can't run my new Durango body until I get the new tank.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by evolution03
What about rear hubs? which ones are everyone using ? the one degree rear hubs or the others ?
0degree hubs, running 3degrees toe in total.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Couple of questions

Hey Folks,

Searched thread and didn't see an answer.

What kind of threadlock comes with the kit? Is it semi-permanent (blue) or permanent (red)? (I know the bottle is red in the manual, but some of the places the manual calls for threadlock should be blue IMO)

What is the secret to keeping the CVD boots on in the front? I can't...

Thanks,
Old 09-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The rubber boots? You just force them on the wheel hub into the grooves. Mine stay. I had one rip and I replaced it with no prob. I don't use red anywhere. I have run across kits before where they used red and they are a pain to remove, even with heat.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Queensland, Australia, Earth, Galaxy, Universe, A Childs Sandpit
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Can someone please tell me why the rear carbon fiber shock tower has two holes (one above the other) where the top diff clamp screws screw in to? I can't see a reason for it so I thought I'd ask.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-teamdurango-dnx408carbontowers.jpg  
Old 09-26-2011, 08:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I had a few things on order that showed up today at my LHS (carbon towers, v2 fuel tank, +2 hubs). I checked the towers and they are solid without the recested area for the camber locations ! I realy suggest checking with your LHS's for parts, I have been VERY happy with the service and parts always in stock for the durango, unlike dealing with horizon and trying to get parts for the 22, has me thinking of owning nothing but durango's!
Old 09-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default springs and things

I realized how strange the stock springs were this weekend. the rears were way too stiff and after looking at the fronts they were shorter than the springs on the chart...Why?...Oh well. I ended up using Orange up front, and green in the rear....I may go one size stiffer in the front and rear....That would be red front, blue rear, does that sound about right?

By the way this buggy is on rails......I can't believe how much corner speed it carries on power....amazing.....
Old 09-27-2011, 03:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Queensland, Australia, Earth, Galaxy, Universe, A Childs Sandpit
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gwoodrc
I had a few things on order that showed up today at my LHS (carbon towers, v2 fuel tank, +2 hubs). I checked the towers and they are solid without the recested area for the camber locations ! I realy suggest checking with your LHS's for parts, I have been VERY happy with the service and parts always in stock for the durango, unlike dealing with horizon and trying to get parts for the 22, has me thinking of owning nothing but durango's!
The carbon towers don't come recessed. If they were they would be to weak in that spot.. Only about 2.5mm of carbon fiber in that area would not be strong enough I wouldn't think.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:33 AM
Tech Addict

autocad, the original carbon towers from TD had recesses, and as I posted yesterday, they were a serious weak spot. Looks like it's all sorted now and we should have some awesome looking, strong towers out there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.