Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:56 PM
  #6121  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,349
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by afr0sch
Get the 36mm. it is the correct one and you won't have to mess with the starter box as much.

I have the Ascendancy and M2C 36mm clutches. Both work great. I have the OFNA blue truggy starter box as well. That box took time to setup, but I have no issues with my starter wheel contacting the flywheel or rubbing the chassis.
i wonder why i cant find the 36mm on ascendancies site. What is funny is that on amain the the one that is listed as 36mm when you click on the pic of the clutch it says 34 mm.
evolution03 is offline  
Old 09-25-2011, 07:26 PM
  #6122  
Tech Master
iTrader: (40)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,016
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by evolution03
i wonder why i cant find the 36mm on ascendancies site. What is funny is that on amain the the one that is listed as 36mm when you click on the pic of the clutch it says 34 mm.
Ascendency's site definitely used to say 36mm. But now I see their site only lists the Durango clutch @ 34mm. I wonder if it just wasn't worth it, to continue with the 36mm?


Anyhow, I've got the M2C and love it.
BrakeTurnAccelerate is offline  
Old 09-26-2011, 04:23 AM
  #6123  
Tech Master
iTrader: (95)
 
afr0sch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,259
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by evolution03
i wonder why i cant find the 36mm on ascendancies site. What is funny is that on amain the the one that is listed as 36mm when you click on the pic of the clutch it says 34 mm.
Email Ascendancy directly: [email protected]

I'm sure they have them in stock. That is how I got mine.... well, that and I live 2 miles from their HQ.

A-main site may just have an error for that item listing.
afr0sch is offline  
Old 09-26-2011, 07:17 AM
  #6124  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Dear Team Durango,

A few months ago, long before you announced carbon towers on your website, I found a set at a LHS and picked them up, excited about how high tech my buggy was going to look now; I took them home, sanded and sealed the edges with CA and installed them on my buggy. Fast forward a few months of playing with real cars and I decide to take the DNX out for a few runs. I run a tank of practice and then start to run a qualifier. About 2 minutes into the qualifier, one of my front wheels suddenly doesn't seem so attached. I had just put aluminum turnbuckles on and figured I'd snapped one (they didn't have my highest confidence after I felt how light they were, but they've been flawless so far)... I had an assembled set of titanium turnbuckles in my box... quick fix... except it wasn't to be! Turns out the inner camber location had ripped off the front tower, delaminating where the machined recess was for the camber screw. I had my aluminum tower so I threw it on the car and finished the weekend. No bother, really... the look started to grow on me through the night and the rear was holding up....

Fast forward a week later and some practice and the rear has begun delaminating as well. Same location, same type of delamination. The towers themselves seem to be pretty strong, and I would love to keep running them, but please, stop machinging them for the camber screw, there is absolutely no reason for that machined recess and it takes a set of towers I could probably easily run the season on and turned 100 dollars in towers into scrap in 2 weekends. I don't even have a complete gallon on the buggy yet.

Very disappointed in this modification; it's a simple (and cheaper to produce) fix, so please, help us end users out.
AMorgan is offline  
Old 09-26-2011, 07:45 AM
  #6125  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,694
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AMorgan
Dear Team Durango,

A few months ago, long before you announced carbon towers on your website, I found a set at a LHS and picked them up, excited about how high tech my buggy was going to look now; I took them home, sanded and sealed the edges with CA and installed them on my buggy. Fast forward a few months of playing with real cars and I decide to take the DNX out for a few runs. I run a tank of practice and then start to run a qualifier. About 2 minutes into the qualifier, one of my front wheels suddenly doesn't seem so attached. I had just put aluminum turnbuckles on and figured I'd snapped one (they didn't have my highest confidence after I felt how light they were, but they've been flawless so far)... I had an assembled set of titanium turnbuckles in my box... quick fix... except it wasn't to be! Turns out the inner camber location had ripped off the front tower, delaminating where the machined recess was for the camber screw. I had my aluminum tower so I threw it on the car and finished the weekend. No bother, really... the look started to grow on me through the night and the rear was holding up....

Fast forward a week later and some practice and the rear has begun delaminating as well. Same location, same type of delamination. The towers themselves seem to be pretty strong, and I would love to keep running them, but please, stop machinging them for the camber screw, there is absolutely no reason for that machined recess and it takes a set of towers I could probably easily run the season on and turned 100 dollars in towers into scrap in 2 weekends. I don't even have a complete gallon on the buggy yet.

Very disappointed in this modification; it's a simple (and cheaper to produce) fix, so please, help us end users out.

So, if I am understanding you correctly. I think you bought an aftermarket brand of shock towers for the durango. The durango parts may not even have the same problem you are referring to.
jmackani is offline  
Old 09-26-2011, 09:54 AM
  #6126  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

No, they were Team Durango parts, I was just saying I had found them at the LHS before they were on the Durango website. I can take some photos when I swap for the aluminum rear tower. I thought about replacing them with the xtreme towers as they dont have the recesses, but I don't like the overall shape/design as much. I'm not trying to gripe either (the buggy actually ran flawlessly and was a lot of fun Friday night) but I wanted to suggest they stop machining the camber location recess into the carbon towers as they should hold up a lot better without it and should actually be cheaper to produces as they don't have to make as many cuts.
AMorgan is offline  
Old 09-26-2011, 10:01 AM
  #6127  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
mjealey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,193
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

All right, I have looked multiple places and have not been able to find the new v2 tank. Anybody know where or somewhere online I could get one before this weekend? Any help would be much appreciated!!!
mjealey is offline  
Old 09-26-2011, 10:30 AM
  #6128  
Tech Master
iTrader: (95)
 
afr0sch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,259
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

I guess I'll hold off on getting the TD carbon towers...
afr0sch is offline  
Old 09-26-2011, 10:40 AM
  #6129  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

AFR, yeah, I was a little disappointed myself. They definitely looked awesome. I'm hoping that TD might see this post and just do a rolling change where they stop milling the camber locations. It should be slightly cheaper to produce and will result in a super strong tower that should last a very long time.
AMorgan is offline  
Old 09-26-2011, 10:53 AM
  #6130  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (17)
 
hookem34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas.....Y'all!
Posts: 1,797
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AMorgan
I'm hoping that TD might see this post and just do a rolling change where they stop milling the camber locations. It should be slightly cheaper to produce and will result in a super strong tower that should last a very long time.
Looks like they already did change them....you must have had the old ones.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-td330184_piw.jpg  
hookem34 is offline  
Old 09-26-2011, 10:54 AM
  #6131  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (28)
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,955
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

RCshox Two stag pistons now available for the 408!!
Info on the pistons here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...they-work.html

http://rcshox.com/shoxshop/catalog/i...hp?cPath=23_31

They are a game changer ESPECIALLY on rough blown out tracks!
MantisWorx is offline  
Old 09-26-2011, 10:59 AM
  #6132  
Tech Master
iTrader: (40)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,016
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mjealey
All right, I have looked multiple places and have not been able to find the new v2 tank. Anybody know where or somewhere online I could get one before this weekend? Any help would be much appreciated!!!
I got my from lapartshouse, but I know it was the last one in stock. Stormer also had them in stock.

I would shoot HRP an email and see if they have any in stock, and if they know which retailer will be getting a shipment.
BrakeTurnAccelerate is offline  
Old 09-26-2011, 11:17 AM
  #6133  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
Limywidget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,492
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

When I spoke to the HRP rep they said to buy quick as the initial runs to the US were gonna to be very light. They said after the initial run it could be a month or two for the next run....

If you are in a bind I could pull mine out of my backup. It hasn't even seen fuel yet.
Limywidget is offline  
Old 09-26-2011, 11:20 AM
  #6134  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Hookem, interesting, looks they may have in fact made a change. Now I guess I need to decide if I'm ponying up for another set...
AMorgan is offline  
Old 09-26-2011, 11:25 AM
  #6135  
Tech Initiate
 
offroad_home's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 35
Default

Lutzinator style.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-lutzinatordec.jpg  
offroad_home is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.