Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for the info!!

Originally Posted by CJ RC
camber 5mm

steering 4mm
Old 12-18-2010, 06:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Frank L
I agree. I bet I have an idea who this guy is. Very political very political.
But let's see a pic of the broken part.
here's what i'm talking about i had it on mounted and the next day went to work on it and it was like this..... So weird???? just poped off wt??
Attached Thumbnails Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-snv30765.jpg   Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-snv30760.jpg   Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-snv30761.jpg   Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-snv30759.jpg   Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-snv30756.jpg  

Old 12-18-2010, 07:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by apex-racing
here's what i'm talking about i had it on mounted and the next day went to work on it and it was like this..... So weird???? just poped off wt??
Wow that's off the hook weird. IDK what would cause that. The carnlooks brand new so you didn't even get tk run it and need a part that has to be ordered. That sucks. BTW nice servos sitting in the back there. Those are the smoothest servos I have ever seen
Old 12-18-2010, 07:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by apex-racing
It looks like the stand-off is too long that goes through the tower(unless the nut is recessed) and when threadlocked and tightened down it cracked the bolt,, then pressure from the spring broke it.
I have seen bolt break from too much threadlock and tightened down too much.
I am sure TD will send you new parts to fix it.
also maybe the parts of the shock stand off that stops the nut is not up too specs.(too much sticking out from tower)
Old 12-18-2010, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

I would question those that live with you.. Kids? Maybe it was knocked off? Or played with..
Old 12-18-2010, 07:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Is there a threaded rod that goes through the shock stand off and nutted on both ends?
Old 12-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Also I have seen where an rc company replaced a metal part(bolt or driveshaft or something otherwise) where the item was hardened too much or wrong and which allowed them to break easier,made them more brittle, could be case here with the shock standoff bolts.

I am sure TD will help you out! Don't worry, be happy.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Question Apex- Did you tighten down the shock stand off nut first then the shock end, or shock end first then the stand off end?
Remember, You cannot reaf on the nuts and bolts to tighten them down.

IMO the shock stand off may stick out a mm too much and when putting the flanged nut on and tightening it, the part of the stand off that sticks out(which is too long,) does not allow the nut to close the gap between flanged part of nut and the tower, so when the combination of threadlock, Stand off being too long(which put pressure on the flanged nut and transfers it to the bolt), tightening it down, would not allow the nut to tighten down correctly because it is being stopped by the end of the stand-off that is too long.

I could be wrong, but does anyone understand what I mean?
P.S. I dont see any marks on the backside of the tower, from the nut tightening down and turning on the tower.
So maybe, maybe, the nut never even touched the tower, or even touched it enough to have pressure on it due to the stand off sticking out too much, and not allowing the nut to sit correctly, thus breaking the bolt.

Just my thinking, I could be wrong though.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just Curious, mgtmadness2007 do you have a DNX that your building right now ?
Old 12-18-2010, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by t8rtot
I would question those that live with you.. Kids? Maybe it was knocked off? Or played with..
yea thought of that but i'm the only one here must be a factory defect no biggie i'll steal one of the mugen for now lol!!
Old 12-18-2010, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mgtmadness2007
Is there a threaded rod that goes through the shock stand off and nutted on both ends?
nuts on both ends...
Old 12-18-2010, 08:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mgtmadness2007
Question Apex- Did you tighten down the shock stand off nut first then the shock end, or shock end first then the stand off end?
Remember, You cannot reaf on the nuts and bolts to tighten them down.

IMO the shock stand off may stick out a mm too much and when putting the flanged nut on and tightening it, the part of the stand off that sticks out(which is too long,) does not allow the nut to close the gap between flanged part of nut and the tower, so when the combination of threadlock, Stand off being too long(which put pressure on the flanged nut and transfers it to the bolt), tightening it down, would not allow the nut to tighten down correctly because it is being stopped by the end of the stand-off that is too long.

I could be wrong, but does anyone understand what I mean?
P.S. I dont see any marks on the backside of the tower, from the nut tightening down and turning on the tower.
So maybe, maybe, the nut never even touched the tower, or even touched it enough to have pressure on it due to the stand off sticking out too much, and not allowing the nut to sit correctly, thus breaking the bolt.

Just my thinking, I could be wrong though.

yea i usually put the post on the tower first the the shock on.... idk what happend i use tread lock but the kit is brand new just one of those things....
Old 12-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Integra
No I do not have one that I am building right now. I am just going by pics, and brain storming, and experience since the mid 80's.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
I will next week it's on it's way
Old 12-18-2010, 05:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Got mine today. Hope my shock standoff doesnt break.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.