Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gameholic2
Savoya retired from the Euros with servo issues
Kinda ironic...
That seems consistent with the car's exhibited performance since late last year. From a purely objective standpoint and at the highest levels of competition, the car is simply not performing well. At the very least, race results have been hit-or-miss. I look forward to seeing TD address and correct these problems so that its true potential can be shown.

Sometimes it's hard to be patient
Old 08-08-2011, 05:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Reno broke a plasic servo arm no servo issues
Old 08-08-2011, 05:19 AM
Tech Regular

Old 08-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by captain america
That seems consistent with the car's exhibited performance since late last year. From a purely objective standpoint and at the highest levels of competition, the car is simply not performing well. At the very least, race results have been hit-or-miss. I look forward to seeing TD address and correct these problems so that its true potential can be shown.

Sometimes it's hard to be patient
True true

Hope savoya Will be ready for 2012 !

In fact TD is runing for a lot of branch , electric 2x2, 4x4 buggy etc... It s too much, the 408 is in late for the upgrade
Old 08-08-2011, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Schnurf
True true

Hope savoya Will be ready for 2012 !

In fact TD is runing for a lot of branch , electric 2x2, 4x4 buggy etc... It s too much, the 408 is in late for the upgrade
they should learn how to multi task
Old 08-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kgombe
they should learn how to multi task
Smal TEAM, i dont know how many people is working at TD ?

But it s may be 10 people?
Old 08-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Smal TEAM, i dont know how many people is working at TD ?

But it s may be 10 people?
if thats the case.. then having more than 1 project and having customers waiting maybe something they should look into.. for example prioritizing... which I'm sure they did by putting the 2wd and 4wd electric cars at front for the last 4 months... but thats keeping the nitro guys down and having them selling and buying other cars...

I'm just saying..
Old 08-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

if thats the case.. then having more than 1 project and having customers waiting maybe something they should look into.. for example prioritizing... which I'm sure they did by putting the 2wd and 4wd electric cars at front for the last 4 months... but thats keeping the nitro guys down and having them selling and buying other cars...

I'm just saying..
May be it s because the was the electric world title??
Old 08-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

May be it s because the was the electric world title??
whatever the case was... you still had other people waiting in vain for nothing... is all I'm saying... maybe they just building cars to get to real racers only and not the average joe.. nonetheless they are taking over too long to release the tank that they had issue with almost from inception...

certain things needed to be address to hold hope.. and it was neglected...
Old 08-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

whatever the case was... you still had other people waiting in vain for nothing... is all I'm saying... maybe they just building cars to get to real racers only and not the average joe.. nonetheless they are taking over too long to release the tank that they had issue with almost from inception...

Many things were already solved and many others are on its way.
2 cars finished in the A main, and probably if savoya didnīt use a plastic servo horn (incrdedible!!!), he could be there too because when he broke he was driving in the 3rd or 4th position. No to be a Durango blind fan, but all the cars that arrive to the elite level have an incredible driver behind, and all the cars have their issues.
Many good results were achieved during 2011, maybe we want more results like 1st or 2nd in the big events, but for a new chassis with a revolutionary design, i think that the Durango boys are on the good way. Just my opinion, nothing else, you can have a different one, but the car is great and of course, it is a racing car 100% so maybe the maintenance it will require it will be a little higher than the one used for other kind of cars.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I get the impression that they started out very, very strongly for a small company, and perhaps spread themselves out too thin with more projects that they can likely manage simultaneously. Then there's the manufacturing side of things: depending on who the subcontractors are and how busy they are, even if your revised part CAD files were ready 6 months ago but you're in line with 3, 4, 5 clients ahead of you, you're just gonna have to wait your turn... Or find another subcontractor.

This isn't intended as a bash of TD whatsoever, but facts are facts, and deficiencies have to be addressed, preferably sooner rather than later. Their motto should be: we're TD, dammit! If everyone else can do it, then we should be able to do it better and faster and with more winning!
Old 08-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

while i agree with you.. on many points... Savoya winning ways have went straight down when he switched chassis's... and another driver went waaaaay up when he went to Savoya's old chassis... that is my concern... and the proof is there.. look at his record pre durango.. and after durango.. its a sharp decent... nonetheless the car is a great car and i never stated anything about maintenance... only thing i mentioned was the tank.. which should not be changed every couple races... I'm just saying...

all I'm saying is that durango should step up there support a notch to the 408.... if you think they are putting enough support out there.. then so be it...
Old 08-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

while i agree with you.. on many points... Savoya winning ways have went straight down when he switched chassis's... and another driver went waaaaay up when he went to Savoya's old chassis... that is my concern... and the proof is there.. look at his record pre durango.. and after durango.. its a sharp decent... nonetheless the car is a great car and i never stated anything about maintenance... only thing i mentioned was the tank.. which should not be changed every couple races... I'm just saying...

all I'm saying is that durango should step up there support a notch to the 408.... if you think they are putting enough support out there.. then so be it...
You can't compare a completely new chassi from a new company to something that has been on development for years by a old and mature company. 408 is a completely new car where as Mugen is just development from the old MBX5 showing nothing drastically new or different but just a refinement to keep the performance up. So if it would not be ready package in a hands of one of the Europes best drivers then I'd call that POS. However Battle was not TQ nor near the TQ pace. Aigoin messed it up with fuel strategy even they were both running Nova. I also heard someone emptied a tank of a car after semis before putting it to park ferme and it still got to the final. Things happens, this is racing.

Getting 2 cars on final is a good achievement and with a littlebit better luck it might have been 3.

Now some might argue if the improved parts should be released sooner/faster but we all remember things like Kyosho gearboxes etc. so you really should do things properly even if it will last longer. If someone wants to jump ship then he does it. Focus has been on the 2wd EP since it was worlds. You need to consider where you put the efforts and now since the 2WD is soon out the focus is back on the DNX and that can be seen on the pics from Euros
Old 08-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

ummmh ok....
Old 08-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have to bash on em a bit. I love my 408. But, the tank thing really gets me. My 3rd tank is holding up, with a D8 tank setup and ready in my pit box. If something at the core of the car (tank) aint workin, then a fix needs to be expedited. If the new tank has issues this will be the last Durango I invest in. I don't give a rip about what else is on their plate....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.