Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kolunatic
Sounds close to the track I run. I have mine setup on soft side and it was hooked up.grey springs all around,Losi 35 all around,stock pistons,full rebound,front camber link on tower inside 2 up, rear camber on tower inside bottom,0 hubs forward,2mm rear sway,2.5mm front sway,4mm preload on springs.-3 toe,-3 camber all around on shotgun softs tires. Got 3rd place.
And what about the diffs ??? what silicones are you using?
I feel my car very understeer.. it is so difficult to get into curves without making a huge radius. Im using 5-7-2.

Regards.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Barlarito
And what about the diffs ??? what silicones are you using?
I feel my car very understeer.. it is so difficult to get into curves without making a huge radius. Im using 5-7-2.

Regards.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

Also check steering linkage after front end is aligned. I take off linkage at servo saver and put straight edge across center of hole in line with the two top plate screws. Then with servo in middle of throw adjust to servo linkage.then I max out steering left to right to where I have rub marks from rims on end links.14 caster is what I'm running now and I'm grabbing inside so much I have to feather throttle to back off inside turns.try the 10 caster in kit if this doesn't help.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Well, this is a first.... Didn't wreck, landed a little unsquared off a few jumps. Nothing I can think of major.

Old 08-07-2011, 04:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just looking for some help. I have the DNX408 I'm having alot of radio problems i have noticed my receiver getting hot i tired running a lipo and a nimh both reacted the same. I have burnt up 2 steering servo and 1 throttle servo all my end points are set for servos they were hitec 7954 2 of them and a JR 9100t. I tried wrapping the box with losi heat tape it did no better. I really enjoy the way this buggy runs just want to figure out my electric problems.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 902revo
Just looking for some help. I have the DNX408 I'm having alot of radio problems i have noticed my receiver getting hot i tired running a lipo and a nimh both reacted the same. I have burnt up 2 steering servo and 1 throttle servo all my end points are set for servos they were hitec 7954 2 of them and a JR 9100t. I tried wrapping the box with losi heat tape it did no better. I really enjoy the way this buggy runs just want to figure out my electric problems.
Someone on this tread posted a radio box mod where the battery stayed and the reciever was moved onto the steering servo, in some other modded box.
Cooled both battery and reciever.

As to burning of servos, I do believe your epa's are off. I've never had a servo problem on mine. I run savx.
You could try the carbon fiber radio plate as that should limit radiating heat from the chassis.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Huleboer
Someone on this tread posted a radio box mod where the battery stayed and the reciever was moved onto the steering servo, in some other modded box.
Cooled both battery and reciever.

As to burning of servos, I do believe your epa's are off. I've never had a servo problem on mine. I run savx.
You could try the carbon fiber radio plate as that should limit radiating heat from the chassis.

I also had problems with the 7954. What I did was space thethrottle throttle /brake servo up off the plate. I haven't had a problem since.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 902revo
I've given this buggy all kinds of abuse never had rx issues,had switch problems though,now use Jr.
I don't use cover for rx, leave the vent slots open and cut 2 vents out for charging wire.
I use carbon fiber radio tray and throttle servo,ko response rsx,is spaced off tray 4mm, you have to cut out rx box to raise it that much.it's also real close to midshaft , but it helps with venting and I like it, no issues in this Texas heat!
Steering servo,Jr ds8711, is spaced 2mm off tray, no issues.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Shawn_S
Well, this is a first.... Didn't wreck, landed a little unsquared off a few jumps. Nothing I can think of major.

I don't see how you did that.I run 2mm rear sway, but i let it float in bulkhead with no issues.the ends of sway I have at very end of link.is there any binding in suspension? Check travel etc.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:35 PM
ajj
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I've been reading through this thread as I was looking to buy a second hand DNX. I don't mind that it has problems, if it's like my DEX it'll rock anyway. It already has an xray fuel tank with losi body.

As for servos, I just need to space them up 2mm? And is the "2mm mod" in regards to suspension geometry just putting shims under the rear diff holder?

Anything else need doing? CF radio tray and alloy linkage pivot needed? I also see that the xtreme racing CF radio tray has cut outs under the servos and the Durango one doesn't. Surely the xtreme one would be weaker for it.

Cheers
Old 08-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ajj
I've been reading through this thread as I was looking to buy a second hand DNX. I don't mind that it has problems, if it's like my DEX it'll rock anyway. It already has an xray fuel tank with losi body.

As for servos, I just need to space them up 2mm? And is the "2mm mod" in regards to suspension geometry just putting shims under the rear diff holder?

Anything else need doing? CF radio tray and alloy linkage pivot needed? I also see that the xtreme racing CF radio tray has cut outs under the servos and the Durango one doesn't. Surely the xtreme one would be weaker for it.

Cheers
DNX is a very strong running and competitive car. The New tank should be out here in a couple weeks and will hopefully bring an end to "The Tank Issue!" I strongly believe the linkage pivot mount is a must have. The 2mm mod is a tuning adjustment rather than a must do. Some guy's use it some don't. It is simply installing 2mm spacers under the rear insert mounts and swapping the FR inserts from left to right and right to left. The CF radio tray although not needed by some really helps out in not as much heat transfer between the heat saturated chassis and the RX lipo or life pack. I would suggest that you flip the rx pack from race to race. If you check the ohm's on the pack you will notice if you don't flip the pack that the cell closest to the chassis will have less resistance therefor having a quicker discharge rate. I think that might be some of the problem with guy's having puffed packs. If you have 2 cells discharging at different rates one of them is going to fail. I would guess that if most guy's look at their packs the upper cell will be the first to puff in most cases. I am running the xtreme tray as the Durango tray wasn't available yet and have had no issues with breakage.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:59 PM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shawn_S

I did that a few times. It was from people running into the back of me. I had heaps of trouble with the swaybar poping off the ball end aswell. I ended up changing the shocks to the rear and running the swaybar at the front
Old 08-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ajj

Cheers
I run the extreme cf tray as well with no issues.m2c linkage arm and m2c adjustable flywheel/clutch which worked like a champ the first time out.my lhs had the new TD rear aluminum bulkhead carriers which I installed since I've already broken a plastic one.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Default Test parts at euros

Hay guys check this new parts savoia's car at the euros. Check the servo mounts they are aluminum and the new steering linkage.
http://www.buggies.it/portal/archives/5140
Old 08-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jose valadao
Hay guys check this new parts savoia's car at the euros. Check the servo mounts they are aluminum and the new steering linkage.
http://www.buggies.it/portal/archives/5140
Savoya retired from the Euros with servo issues
Kinda ironic...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.