Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:41 PM
  #496  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 388
Default

Originally Posted by supercross
i also agree. very pretty

maybe you guys can answer a question i have?
i heard somewhere that you need to undo 11 or 12 screws to access the diffs!

surely that can't be right in this day & age where people are designing cars that are quick & easy to work on
And what about your car, how many screws(in all the diffs)? The durango it's not about the numbers of screws, it'about the easy way you access the diffs and the elegance of the solution.
sirio76 is offline  
Old 12-15-2010, 02:36 PM
  #497  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 399
Default

Originally Posted by AndyF
Is that a wrap or painted?
This Is a wrap by RcAllStickers.com and it Is Mine you can see more pics on www.buggies.it

If someone need something like this contact me or rcallstickers.com

mazzinga is offline  
Old 12-15-2010, 05:59 PM
  #498  
Tech Adept
 
apex-racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 166
Default FUSTRATED:(

I'M SORRY WHO BUILDS A CAR THAT YOU CAN'T FIT A MOTOR IN WITHOUT GRINDING SHIT AWAY AND SHIMMING BRAKES AND CAN EVEN RUN THE CLUTCH SET UP I LIKE WITH NO SHIMS IN THE FRONT OF THE CLUTCH JUST MEANS I HAVE TO LOOSE A BUNCH OF SHIMS WHEN I JUST WANT TO CHANGE MY BEARINGS( LIKE TO SHIM THE FLY WHEEL) AND NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH MUGEN OR XRAY!! I HOPE THIS THING HANDLES LIKE IT'S ON RAILS!!!!! FUSTRATING AFTER ALLL THE HYPE ON MAKING IT PERFECT!!!!!! NOW I HAVE TO GRIND THE PLASTIC CHASSIS BRACE TO FIT MY RB KILLER WTF!!!!! AND THE REAR SHAFT LOOKS LIKE IT RUBS ON THE GAY ASS RECIVER BOX THAT WAS A PAIN TO INSTALL GOOD LUCK GETTING IT OUT FOR CLEANING!!!!! AND THE TRANSPONDER HAS TO BE SEPERATED??? WT?? MAN IF IT WASENT FOR THE DIFF SET UP THIS THING WOULD BE ON EBAY SO FAST JUST LIKE MY SERPENT COULD NOT EVEN USE A MUGEN FLYWHEEL........ LET ME QC THE BUILDS ON THIS THING PLEASE!!! WHOULD BE SO MUCH MORE USER FREINDLY SPEACIALY FOR 700+ BUCKS!!!!!!!
apex-racing is offline  
Old 12-15-2010, 06:19 PM
  #499  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Kalgard Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 467
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by apex-racing
I'M SORRY WHO BUILDS A CAR THAT YOU CAN'T FIT A MOTOR IN WITHOUT GRINDING SHIT AWAY AND SHIMMING BRAKES AND CAN EVEN RUN THE CLUTCH SET UP I LIKE WITH NO SHIMS IN THE FRONT OF THE CLUTCH JUST MEANS I HAVE TO LOOSE A BUNCH OF SHIMS WHEN I JUST WANT TO CHANGE MY BEARINGS( LIKE TO SHIM THE FLY WHEEL) AND NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH MUGEN OR XRAY!! I HOPE THIS THING HANDLES LIKE IT'S ON RAILS!!!!! FUSTRATING AFTER ALLL THE HYPE ON MAKING IT PERFECT!!!!!! NOW I HAVE TO GRIND THE PLASTIC CHASSIS BRACE TO FIT MY RB KILLER WTF!!!!! AND THE REAR SHAFT LOOKS LIKE IT RUBS ON THE GAY ASS RECIVER BOX THAT WAS A PAIN TO INSTALL GOOD LUCK GETTING IT OUT FOR CLEANING!!!!! AND THE TRANSPONDER HAS TO BE SEPERATED??? WT?? MAN IF IT WASENT FOR THE DIFF SET UP THIS THING WOULD BE ON EBAY SO FAST JUST LIKE MY SERPENT COULD NOT EVEN USE A MUGEN FLYWHEEL........ LET ME QC THE BUILDS ON THIS THING PLEASE!!! WHOULD BE SO MUCH MORE USER FREINDLY SPEACIALY FOR 700+ BUCKS!!!!!!!
You can't expect an aftermarket clutch to fit in every car. If you want to run a aftermarket clutch, it is up to the Clutch Maker to make it fit a certain make of vehicle.

I WOULD NEVER EXPECT A CAR MANUFACTURER TO SPEND THE TIME TO MAKE SURE EVERY AFTERMARKET PART MADE WOULD FIT ON IT. NOT TO MENTION, THE KIT CLUTCH LOOKS GREAT AND IS BASICALLY THE NORM FOR 1/8TH SCALE.

Acendancy Clutches do not fit allot of vehicles.

So far, this kit has been awesome to build and everything fits nice. If all I have to do to adjust some bias is pull a screw and swing the transponder out........well no big deal. TD has fixed almost every gripe that I have had with all the other cars, so I am willing to deal with it.


PS. I hope I do not see that Pink Dildo Light Bulb lamp Hair Dryer on Lutz's car. He is way to cool to have that POS in the pits. Besides, he already has a Competition Heat unit!
Kalgard Racing is offline  
Old 12-15-2010, 06:32 PM
  #500  
Tech Adept
 
apex-racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 166
Default

Originally Posted by Kalgard Racing
You can't expect an aftermarket clutch to fit in every car. If you want to run a aftermarket clutch, it is up to the Clutch Maker to make it fit a certain make of vehicle.

I WOULD NEVER EXPECT A CAR MANUFACTURER TO SPEND THE TIME TO MAKE SURE EVERY AFTERMARKET PART MADE WOULD FIT ON IT. NOT TO MENTION, THE KIT CLUTCH LOOKS GREAT AND IS BASICALLY THE NORM FOR 1/8TH SCALE.

Acendancy Clutches do not fit allot of vehicles.

So far, this kit has been awesome to build and everything fits nice. If all I have to do to adjust some bias is pull a screw and swing the transponder out........well no big deal. TD has fixed almost every gripe that I have had with all the other cars, so I am willing to deal with it.


PS. I hope I do not see that Pink Dildo Light Bulb lamp Hair Dryer on Lutz's car. He is way to cool to have that POS in the pits. Besides, he already has a Competition Heat unit!
well.... i'm not usng an after aftermarket clutch using the stock durango clutch and i can't get the gear mesh without grinding the shit out of the rear brace and also i can't shim my clutch the way i want because the gears don't line up catch my drift just pissed spent to much on this car to be so frustrated!!!!
apex-racing is offline  
Old 12-15-2010, 06:36 PM
  #501  
Tech Adept
 
apex-racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 166
Default

Originally Posted by apex-racing
well.... i'm not usng an after aftermarket clutch using the stock durango clutch and i can't get the gear mesh without grinding the shit out of the rear brace and also i can't shim my clutch the way i want because the gears don't line up catch my drift just pissed spent to much on this car to be so frustrated!!!!
and to top it off can get a strait carb slide with the linkage!! my opinion the diff should be more forward or the motor should be back a little idk never had these problem before with anyone else!
apex-racing is offline  
Old 12-15-2010, 06:59 PM
  #502  
Tech Master
iTrader: (38)
 
shanef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Qld, Australia
Posts: 1,907
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by apex-racing
well.... i'm not usng an after aftermarket clutch using the stock durango clutch and i can't get the gear mesh without grinding the shit out of the rear brace and also i can't shim my clutch the way i want because the gears don't line up catch my drift just pissed spent to much on this car to be so frustrated!!!!
I'll give you $200 to take it off your hands saving you all this heartache.

shanef is offline  
Old 12-15-2010, 08:04 PM
  #503  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
kgombe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,489
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by apex-racing
and to top it off can get a strait carb slide with the linkage!! my opinion the diff should be more forward or the motor should be back a little idk never had these problem before with anyone else!
i'll give 300... u pay shipping though
kgombe is offline  
Old 12-15-2010, 08:05 PM
  #504  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 649
Default

Originally Posted by apex-racing
and to top it off can get a strait carb slide with the linkage!! my opinion the diff should be more forward or the motor should be back a little idk never had these problem before with anyone else!
Sorry your having trouble, maybe take a breather from it and come back to it with a fresh mind. I have not seen or heard of this many problems. Hopefully you will get it right. Good Luck!
SPEEDSKI is offline  
Old 12-15-2010, 09:18 PM
  #505  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
CaLaBeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 291
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by apex-racing
and to top it off can get a strait carb slide with the linkage!! my opinion the diff should be more forward or the motor should be back a little idk never had these problem before with anyone else!
The Losi is the same way, Its not an issue it is just different than the norm. The thing is about as compact and mass centralized as possible.
CaLaBeR is offline  
Old 12-15-2010, 11:47 PM
  #506  
Tech Regular
 
supercross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: London UK
Posts: 404
Default

Originally Posted by Jaf1977
6-8 should get them out the car (in the shell complete with pinion, centre driveshaft and bearings), then 3 more to seperate the 2 halves of the shell. The way they have designed it, you don't end up with your hingepins, wishbones and suspension bushings falling out all over the place which is nice...plus is pretty quick to take the diff shell out so you can hose the rest of it down when it gets mucky!


thanks Mark

sounds about average then
from what i heard it was a right pain. prob somebody who hasn't even seen one in real life just pics on the net
supercross is offline  
Old 12-16-2010, 01:57 AM
  #507  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
TeamDurango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 187
Default

Originally Posted by offroad dude
I was wondering about the weight because it seems like after a car hit the market, two months later they come out with light-weight parts that cost an arm and a leg.
Some people always want light weight parts, so we will make light-weight options, but it very much depends on the track if they help lap times. Quite often the stock kit car (heavier) is faster where its bumpy or slippery.
TeamDurango is offline  
Old 12-16-2010, 03:34 AM
  #508  
Tech Adept
 
lambchops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK, near portsmouth
Posts: 119
Default

Originally Posted by Kalgard Racing
PS. I hope I do not see that Pink Dildo Light Bulb lamp Hair Dryer on Lutz's car. He is way to cool to have that POS in the pits. Besides, he already has a Competition Heat unit!

Think you’ve explained why he wants the Sure-Start in that sentence, he’s tried the rest now he's after the best
lambchops is offline  
Old 12-16-2010, 04:51 AM
  #509  
Tech Adept
 
apex-racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 166
Default

Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI
Sorry your having trouble, maybe take a breather from it and come back to it with a fresh mind. I have not seen or heard of this many problems. Hopefully you will get it right. Good Luck!
yea i know i can make it work and realize it's the price to pay for everything being so tight i just wish they would of Gave just 2-3mm of play but ill make it work and going to tear it up this weekend at dirtburners in MI!!!!
apex-racing is offline  
Old 12-16-2010, 06:03 AM
  #510  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (54)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ashland city tn
Posts: 2,712
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

xray has a 6mm collet on amain that might help your clutch to fit better

or i will pay $300 and ill pay for shipping and ill send u some 800mg motrin for your headache
rkhess is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.