Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by supercross
i also agree. very pretty

maybe you guys can answer a question i have?
i heard somewhere that you need to undo 11 or 12 screws to access the diffs!

surely that can't be right in this day & age where people are designing cars that are quick & easy to work on
And what about your car, how many screws(in all the diffs)? The durango it's not about the numbers of screws, it'about the easy way you access the diffs and the elegance of the solution.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AndyF
Is that a wrap or painted?
This Is a wrap by RcAllStickers.com and it Is Mine you can see more pics on www.buggies.it

If someone need something like this contact me or rcallstickers.com

Old 12-15-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Adept

Default FUSTRATED:(

I'M SORRY WHO BUILDS A CAR THAT YOU CAN'T FIT A MOTOR IN WITHOUT GRINDING SHIT AWAY AND SHIMMING BRAKES AND CAN EVEN RUN THE CLUTCH SET UP I LIKE WITH NO SHIMS IN THE FRONT OF THE CLUTCH JUST MEANS I HAVE TO LOOSE A BUNCH OF SHIMS WHEN I JUST WANT TO CHANGE MY BEARINGS( LIKE TO SHIM THE FLY WHEEL) AND NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH MUGEN OR XRAY!! I HOPE THIS THING HANDLES LIKE IT'S ON RAILS!!!!! FUSTRATING AFTER ALLL THE HYPE ON MAKING IT PERFECT!!!!!! NOW I HAVE TO GRIND THE PLASTIC CHASSIS BRACE TO FIT MY RB KILLER WTF!!!!! AND THE REAR SHAFT LOOKS LIKE IT RUBS ON THE GAY ASS RECIVER BOX THAT WAS A PAIN TO INSTALL GOOD LUCK GETTING IT OUT FOR CLEANING!!!!! AND THE TRANSPONDER HAS TO BE SEPERATED??? WT?? MAN IF IT WASENT FOR THE DIFF SET UP THIS THING WOULD BE ON EBAY SO FAST JUST LIKE MY SERPENT COULD NOT EVEN USE A MUGEN FLYWHEEL........ LET ME QC THE BUILDS ON THIS THING PLEASE!!! WHOULD BE SO MUCH MORE USER FREINDLY SPEACIALY FOR 700+ BUCKS!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by apex-racing
I'M SORRY WHO BUILDS A CAR THAT YOU CAN'T FIT A MOTOR IN WITHOUT GRINDING SHIT AWAY AND SHIMMING BRAKES AND CAN EVEN RUN THE CLUTCH SET UP I LIKE WITH NO SHIMS IN THE FRONT OF THE CLUTCH JUST MEANS I HAVE TO LOOSE A BUNCH OF SHIMS WHEN I JUST WANT TO CHANGE MY BEARINGS( LIKE TO SHIM THE FLY WHEEL) AND NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH MUGEN OR XRAY!! I HOPE THIS THING HANDLES LIKE IT'S ON RAILS!!!!! FUSTRATING AFTER ALLL THE HYPE ON MAKING IT PERFECT!!!!!! NOW I HAVE TO GRIND THE PLASTIC CHASSIS BRACE TO FIT MY RB KILLER WTF!!!!! AND THE REAR SHAFT LOOKS LIKE IT RUBS ON THE GAY ASS RECIVER BOX THAT WAS A PAIN TO INSTALL GOOD LUCK GETTING IT OUT FOR CLEANING!!!!! AND THE TRANSPONDER HAS TO BE SEPERATED??? WT?? MAN IF IT WASENT FOR THE DIFF SET UP THIS THING WOULD BE ON EBAY SO FAST JUST LIKE MY SERPENT COULD NOT EVEN USE A MUGEN FLYWHEEL........ LET ME QC THE BUILDS ON THIS THING PLEASE!!! WHOULD BE SO MUCH MORE USER FREINDLY SPEACIALY FOR 700+ BUCKS!!!!!!!
You can't expect an aftermarket clutch to fit in every car. If you want to run a aftermarket clutch, it is up to the Clutch Maker to make it fit a certain make of vehicle.

I WOULD NEVER EXPECT A CAR MANUFACTURER TO SPEND THE TIME TO MAKE SURE EVERY AFTERMARKET PART MADE WOULD FIT ON IT. NOT TO MENTION, THE KIT CLUTCH LOOKS GREAT AND IS BASICALLY THE NORM FOR 1/8TH SCALE.

Acendancy Clutches do not fit allot of vehicles.

So far, this kit has been awesome to build and everything fits nice. If all I have to do to adjust some bias is pull a screw and swing the transponder out........well no big deal. TD has fixed almost every gripe that I have had with all the other cars, so I am willing to deal with it.

PS. I hope I do not see that Pink Dildo Light Bulb lamp Hair Dryer on Lutz's car. He is way to cool to have that POS in the pits. Besides, he already has a Competition Heat unit!
Old 12-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kalgard Racing
You can't expect an aftermarket clutch to fit in every car. If you want to run a aftermarket clutch, it is up to the Clutch Maker to make it fit a certain make of vehicle.

I WOULD NEVER EXPECT A CAR MANUFACTURER TO SPEND THE TIME TO MAKE SURE EVERY AFTERMARKET PART MADE WOULD FIT ON IT. NOT TO MENTION, THE KIT CLUTCH LOOKS GREAT AND IS BASICALLY THE NORM FOR 1/8TH SCALE.

Acendancy Clutches do not fit allot of vehicles.

So far, this kit has been awesome to build and everything fits nice. If all I have to do to adjust some bias is pull a screw and swing the transponder out........well no big deal. TD has fixed almost every gripe that I have had with all the other cars, so I am willing to deal with it.

PS. I hope I do not see that Pink Dildo Light Bulb lamp Hair Dryer on Lutz's car. He is way to cool to have that POS in the pits. Besides, he already has a Competition Heat unit!
well.... i'm not usng an after aftermarket clutch using the stock durango clutch and i can't get the gear mesh without grinding the shit out of the rear brace and also i can't shim my clutch the way i want because the gears don't line up catch my drift just pissed spent to much on this car to be so frustrated!!!!
Old 12-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

well.... i'm not usng an after aftermarket clutch using the stock durango clutch and i can't get the gear mesh without grinding the shit out of the rear brace and also i can't shim my clutch the way i want because the gears don't line up catch my drift just pissed spent to much on this car to be so frustrated!!!!
and to top it off can get a strait carb slide with the linkage!! my opinion the diff should be more forward or the motor should be back a little idk never had these problem before with anyone else!
Old 12-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I'll give you $200 to take it off your hands saving you all this heartache.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

and to top it off can get a strait carb slide with the linkage!! my opinion the diff should be more forward or the motor should be back a little idk never had these problem before with anyone else!
i'll give 300... u pay shipping though
Old 12-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Tech Addict

Sorry your having trouble, maybe take a breather from it and come back to it with a fresh mind. I have not seen or heard of this many problems. Hopefully you will get it right. Good Luck!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The Losi is the same way, Its not an issue it is just different than the norm. The thing is about as compact and mass centralized as possible.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jaf1977
6-8 should get them out the car (in the shell complete with pinion, centre driveshaft and bearings), then 3 more to seperate the 2 halves of the shell. The way they have designed it, you don't end up with your hingepins, wishbones and suspension bushings falling out all over the place which is nice...plus is pretty quick to take the diff shell out so you can hose the rest of it down when it gets mucky!

thanks Mark

sounds about average then
from what i heard it was a right pain. prob somebody who hasn't even seen one in real life just pics on the net
Old 12-16-2010, 01:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by offroad dude
I was wondering about the weight because it seems like after a car hit the market, two months later they come out with light-weight parts that cost an arm and a leg.
Some people always want light weight parts, so we will make light-weight options, but it very much depends on the track if they help lap times. Quite often the stock kit car (heavier) is faster where its bumpy or slippery.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kalgard Racing

Think you’ve explained why he wants the Sure-Start in that sentence, he’s tried the rest now he's after the best
Old 12-16-2010, 04:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI
Sorry your having trouble, maybe take a breather from it and come back to it with a fresh mind. I have not seen or heard of this many problems. Hopefully you will get it right. Good Luck!
yea i know i can make it work and realize it's the price to pay for everything being so tight i just wish they would of Gave just 2-3mm of play but ill make it work and going to tear it up this weekend at dirtburners in MI!!!!
Old 12-16-2010, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

xray has a 6mm collet on amain that might help your clutch to fit better

or i will pay $300 and ill pay for shipping and ill send u some 800mg motrin for your headache

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.