Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Schnurf
what is the body lexan you are using? look pretty cool
It's the PROLINE BULLDOG body for the LOSI 2.0

Big Worm
Old 05-27-2011, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Schnurf
people with cvd issu have shimmed the rear gear???

regards
No, the pinion gear has a lot front and back movement but it doensnt seem to effect anything or strip the gears. I actually bought Shumacher shims to eliminate the slop but after installing them the driveline felt very tight.

Why do you think the rear drive shaft assembly wears out quickly because the pinion gears has lots of forward and back play?
Old 05-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Adept

Lutz, Savoya, where are you? pls reply to me!

I do not think you do not have this problem, you go to double our speed, for you the problem is even more boring because on you car the transmission is much more stressed!
Old 05-27-2011, 09:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Norbert50p
No, the pinion gear has a lot front and back movement but it doensnt seem to effect anything or strip the gears. I actually bought Shumacher shims to eliminate the slop but after installing them the driveline felt very tight.

Why do you think the rear drive shaft assembly wears out quickly because the pinion gears has lots of forward and back play?
No I was thinking the opposite, with shimmed rear gear, that s mean less slop, then under hard jump and under the flex chassis it could hit the diff vs gear and block the cvd. I swiss mate break his cvd just after a jump... I dont asked him if he had shimmed the rear. It s just yet that is touch my mind... Could be wrong but the issue is very strange!
Old 05-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I have about a gallon or so on my car. I have gone through the diffs a couple times and checked all of my CVD's while the diffs were out. My drivetrain is very very free and I only have slight signs of wear on my rear drive shaft. I did order some spares just in case since they were only $12. The only thing I didn't like was that there was only one set of holes on the shaft instead of two different sets to switch between to make the saft last a little longer. Oh well, for $12 a shaft, I cannot complain one bit! Then again, I am used to Xray prices anyway.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dark
Lutz, Savoya, where are you? pls reply to me!

I do not think you do not have this problem, you go to double our speed, for you the problem is even more boring because on you car the transmission is much more stressed!
Have you contemplated maybe posting some good, clear photos of the worn parts in question? What kind of setup are you running? There are many, many variables that could explain prematurely worn parts, so it's a bit hard for anyone to help you diagnose the issue based on some vague explanations.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Tech Champion

I wonder if those having problems are cleaning their car off with nitro blast...if so they could be blasting the grease out of the CVD and forgetting to regrease them which would cause premature wear.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by AMorgan
That 808 tank looks like the best option I've seen so far. Do you have a PN#? Not sure if they changed it much between years. I'm going to try my stock tank again tonight and see how it does... but that looks like a good option. So far my only issue with the car (and I beat on it...) is the tank. I've got a nice set of spares just in case, but so far it's been pretty solid.
This is the only one I could find on Amain.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Tank-2009-Spec

Looks like the same one he used.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

On another note my 408 is ready to hit the track. Just waiting for this weather to clear up. Hope to get some runtime on it this weekend finally....

Old 05-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

I've been using " liquid ice" for exposed gears and bearings, great for spur gear. I only use nitro blast for internal engine or carb.
I pack a little grease in cvd's after. Drive shaft barely rubs rx box, I also raised throttle servo up onto 3mm locknuts which puts it pretty close also. I've got some play at pinion but don't want to shim it just yet.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by captain america
Have you contemplated maybe posting some good, clear photos of the worn parts in question? What kind of setup are you running? There are many, many variables that could explain prematurely worn parts, so it's a bit hard for anyone to help you diagnose the issue based on some vague explanations.
I do not need to diagnose my broken parts, I know what is the problem, I know that team durango is changing metal producer for low level quality products..... because they know that metals of this car are not good, that's the truth, I have to change CVD every 2 races...... with my money for stupid errors by team durango, errors in choice of materials and the CVD pivot desing, the durango mid cvd does not free turn with natural angle of the project + low level quality , you take in hand the CVD and verify what I say

ps: durango have all my photo!
Old 05-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Tech Addict

Well allrighty then!
Old 05-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I wonder if those having problems are cleaning their car off with nitro blast...if so they could be blasting the grease out of the CVD and forgetting to regrease them which would cause premature wear.

why they change metal supplier? the grease in not the problem and I have to wait another 7 months, yeah, 7+7= 14 months it is a scandal, they play with my money and i lose the race because wear mid CVD until it locks

Tomorrow I will post photos
Old 05-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Kolunatic
I've been using " liquid ice" for exposed gears and bearings, great for spur gear. I only use nitro blast for internal engine or carb.
I pack a little grease in cvd's after. Drive shaft barely rubs rx box, I also raised throttle servo up onto 3mm locknuts which puts it pretty close also. I've got some play at pinion but don't want to shim it just yet.
What's liquid ice? Haven't heard of that. I been using good ol denatured alcohol for cleaning.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dark
why they change metal supplier? the grease in not the problem and I have to wait another 7 months, yeah, 7+7= 14 months it is a scandal, they play with my money and i lose the race because wear mid CVD until it locks

Tomorrow I will post photos
Because while some people are having the issue...it seems the majority of people are not. So I'm just trying to figure out what they are doing differently to have the wear or not have it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.