Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Addict

Cool

Originally Posted by Pin2Win
I find it hard to believe that you go through parts like that. If so maybe a different car is what you need? This is supposed to be a fun hobby.........
No doubt.
Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with your buggy. I haven't had any problems with driveshafts AT ALL! None! Somethings wrong alright.
I honestly don't have the problems you're having.
I have a blast running my dingo.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 172 (100%+)

I have run mine quite a bit and having no problems at all.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Only on my 3rd gallon of fuel with my 408 and I have yet to have to do anything other that recharge receiver battery/re fuel/and clean-oil air filter/change diff fluids
this buggy is a tank....to the italian havin cvd probs you where wondering why no one else is talking about the cvd probs is because no one else is having probs with them
I can only guess that something is wrong with your buggys build (something loose something aligned wrong) just a guess but I hope you figure it out
good luck
dnf don
Old 05-26-2011, 09:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

DNF Don. That's a priceless login.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dnf Don
Only on my 3rd gallon of fuel with my 408 and I have yet to have to do anything other that recharge receiver battery/re fuel/and clean-oil air filter/change diff fluids
this buggy is a tank....to the italian havin cvd probs you where wondering why no one else is talking about the cvd probs is because no one else is having probs with them
I can only guess that something is wrong with your buggys build (something loose something aligned wrong) just a guess but I hope you figure it out
good luck
dnf don
There are others that have had problems with cvd's. Previously posted. Has been caused by rubbing on the radio box. I've had issues with the small pins (sorry don't know the correct name) that go inside the cvd. Had to file the ends smooth as it was binding. This may be causing the Italian guys problems?
Old 05-26-2011, 10:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dark
the mid CVD is not very "serious about racing" in this car, infact, I have to change the mid CVD (rear) in each race because the car is blocked on rear axle.............. I have worn 2 cvd in the last race (track with more grip)

I want to know what Team durango doing, because this is a serious problem
I do not understand why no one complains wear of CVD mid (rear) on this forum, you're losing many customers for these problems, and think instead support wing .......... wrong policy, your customers can not wait for December to get these parts, absurd industrial policy!

What should I do? Actually, I have to spend 20 euros for each race for mid CVD, it seems right?
you lose any more time and dnx408 will be labeled with "fragile car", this is world of race !

in 7 months to release 2 shock diaphram ... very good job, lol!
you already have all the pictures of my broken parts submitted by Italian Distributor, is an encyclopedia ahahhaha

guys stop defend the Durango work, it's time to reclaim

sorry But I'm angry with Durango, with me the few italian customers remaining !

I also have problem with my rear center drive shaft, so don't worry you are not the only one!
Thank you Team Durango for reply to my message about the wing mount, it is nice to see that you guys still check what the customers are saying on this forum.
I have to agree with our friend from Italy that the design of the center drive shafts is very bad. I dont change my rear drive shaft every weekend but I do change my center driveshaft coupling assembly on weekly basis now. I went for about 3 weekends once and the driveline begins to bind horribly. After taking the center diff assembly apart and examining every component I was finally able to trace it to the rear center drive shaft being worn out. But here is the kicker. It's not only the driveshaft or the coupling assembly/pin wearing out it's also the pinion gear. The slit where the pin goes through wears out very quickly on the rear (about 2 or 3 times as fast as the front). You might not notice it initially because the wear is very uniform, but when you compare it to the new one it's very apparent. When that happens the "slap" accelerates the wear of the pin even faster and creates serious driveline bind. I would put $100 dollars that, that's what is happening with our friend from Italy and that's why he is going through driveshafts so fast. Compare your pinion gear to the new one and you will see what i'm talking about. I have identified this fairly early on and I immediately gave the worn out pinion gear to Ryan Lutz so I'm hoping that he shared that info with Team Durango.

For those of you that claim that have obscene amounts of run time on original rear driveshaft do yourself a favor and take it apart and look at it or it will leave you stranded. In my opinion you are running on borrowed time...

I like the buggy but man this thing could be awesome if few parts could be revised. here are few problems that I have encountered and learned to live with over time.
1. Wing mount is crap (Thank you Durango for addressing the issue and making it stronger. Also if Losi fits than my immediate problem is fixed. Thanks Tiks for the info.
2. Shock bladders need to be redesigned or something. Cut more than 30 of them before switching to Losi and problem solved.
3. Inner Hinge Pins are too weak. Every time I take my buggy apart i have slightly bent hinge pins. It never leaves me stranded during the race weekend but never less they need to be replaced. Went through about 20 of them already. Maybe that's a blessing in a way so it doesn't tear out the aluminum suspension holders but it is irritating that's for sure.
4. Front controls arms crack, more specifically the outside support brace where the C-hub and the steering knuckle assembly bolt in. This is minor but something to keep an eye out, since few of my friends been driving their buggys with that support cracked without even knowing. Doesn't take you out of the race but they do crack. I personally cracked 3 arms in that spot on both sides of the buggy.

It's getting late, but I hope few of you will take a closer look at your buggy and do some preventive maintenance before it takes you out while you are winning a race. By the way thanks for posting on here, I have learned a great deal from following this forum. The durability of this buggy is good, but with few changes it could be great.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Norbert50p
I also have problem with my rear center drive shaft, so don't worry you are not the only one!
Thank you Team Durango for reply to my message about the wing mount, it is nice to see that you guys still check what the customers are saying on this forum.
I have to agree with our friend from Italy that the design of the center drive shafts is very bad. I dont change my rear drive shaft every weekend but I do change my center driveshaft coupling assembly on weekly basis now. I went for about 3 weekends once and the driveline begins to bind horribly. After taking the center diff assembly apart and examining every component I was finally able to trace it to the rear center drive shaft being worn out. But here is the kicker. It's not only the driveshaft or the coupling assembly/pin wearing out it's also the pinion gear. The slit where the pin goes through wears out very quickly on the rear (about 2 or 3 times as fast as the front). You might not notice it initially because the wear is very uniform, but when you compare it to the new one it's very apparent. When that happens the "slap" accelerates the wear of the pin even faster and creates serious driveline bind. I would put $100 dollars that, that's what is happening with our friend from Italy and that's why he is going through driveshafts so fast. Compare your pinion gear to the new one and you will see what i'm talking about. I have identified this fairly early on and I immediately gave the worn out pinion gear to Ryan Lutz so I'm hoping that he shared that info with Team Durango.

For those of you that claim that have obscene amounts of run time on original rear driveshaft do yourself a favor and take it apart and look at it or it will leave you stranded. In my opinion you are running on borrowed time...

I like the buggy but man this thing could be awesome if few parts could be revised. here are few problems that I have encountered and learned to live with over time.
1. Wing mount is crap (Thank you Durango for addressing the issue and making it stronger. Also if Losi fits than my immediate problem is fixed. Thanks Tiks for the info.
2. Shock bladders need to be redesigned or something. Cut more than 30 of them before switching to Losi and problem solved.
3. Inner Hinge Pins are too weak. Every time I take my buggy apart i have slightly bent hinge pins. It never leaves me stranded during the race weekend but never less they need to be replaced. Went through about 20 of them already. Maybe that's a blessing in a way so it doesn't tear out the aluminum suspension holders but it is irritating that's for sure.
4. Front controls arms crack, more specifically the outside support brace where the C-hub and the steering knuckle assembly bolt in. This is minor but something to keep an eye out, since few of my friends been driving their buggys with that support cracked without even knowing. Doesn't take you out of the race but they do crack. I personally cracked 3 arms in that spot on both sides of the buggy.

It's getting late, but I hope few of you will take a closer look at your buggy and do some preventive maintenance before it takes you out while you are winning a race. By the way thanks for posting on here, I have learned a great deal from following this forum. The durability of this buggy is good, but with few changes it could be great.
Nicely put. No rose colored glasses here!
Old 05-27-2011, 03:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Norbert50p

ooooohhhhh..........finally someone has Verified this problem

these days I have solved the problem this way, and now the car has better spin free

This confirms that the Durango mid CVD is wrong system

look this my photo with simple CVD installed, now it is very good!
Attached Thumbnails Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-img_0585.jpg  
Old 05-27-2011, 04:20 AM
Tech Regular

these days I have solved the problem this way, and now the car has better spin free

Who's CVD and driveshaft is that?
Old 05-27-2011, 04:23 AM
Tech Adept

Default cvd issue

people with cvd issu have shimmed the rear gear???

regards
Old 05-27-2011, 05:06 AM
Tech Adept

not understand the picture, explain better?
Old 05-27-2011, 05:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Chris-s
Who's CVD and driveshaft is that?
Originally Posted by juninho_foz
not understand the picture, explain better?
i change bearing, i used other brand pinion gear and i used other brand Drive Shaft, now is good solution and i have increased spin free!!

I do not say which parts I used, until team durango understand that this is a problem to be immediately solved, not between 7 months!

I run with this car in the national championship but I dont have Team Durango sponsors, I want the best efforts, but I do not want these seriuos errors concept!
Old 05-27-2011, 07:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

This is the Xray 808 tank pretty much direct fit. I had to use another rear durango tank mount for the front of the tank and cut them down. plus counter sink the front hole to crew from the bottom. I used my proline losi body after MINOR trimming it looks great ENJOY

Thanks
Ashton
AKA Big Worm
Attached Thumbnails Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-durango.jpg   Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-durango2.jpg   Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-durango3.jpg   Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-durango4.jpg  
Old 05-27-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

That 808 tank looks like the best option I've seen so far. Do you have a PN#? Not sure if they changed it much between years. I'm going to try my stock tank again tonight and see how it does... but that looks like a good option. So far my only issue with the car (and I beat on it...) is the tank. I've got a nice set of spares just in case, but so far it's been pretty solid.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:44 AM
Tech Adept

Default body lexan?

Originally Posted by hard4nitro
This is the Xray 808 tank pretty much direct fit. I had to use another rear durango tank mount for the front of the tank and cut them down. plus counter sink the front hole to crew from the bottom. I used my proline losi body after MINOR trimming it looks great ENJOY

Thanks
Ashton
AKA Big Worm
what is the body lexan you are using? look pretty cool

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.