Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:36 PM
Tech Addict

No brake fade here, I need to back off mine a little.
If you put the 2mm beveled washers on brake posts with about 1mm spacing to pad, and your linkage adjusted right, it'll stop on a dime.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kolunatic
No brake fade here, I need to back off mine a little.
If you put the 2mm beveled washers on brake posts with about 1mm spacing to pad, and your linkage adjusted right, it'll stop on a dime.
Ya I have had other issues but never with brakes on this car. Just make sure you set your end point correctly, the action on the brake mechanism is very short and the F/R adjustment is very sensitive.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeC
I wanted to thank Frank L for mentioning something About Nankin Hobbies a few pages back. I gave them a call today to check on ordering a os speed piston, rod, and sleeve and the gentelman answering the phone was very nice and got me all fixed up and gave me a good deal as well. Good customer service is hard to find nowadays so I am sure I will be ordering from them again in the future.

On a side note is anyone experencing brake fade and if so has anyone tried different pads and disc to correct it? If so, which ones are you using?
+1 on NANKINHOBBY.COM
Mike is awesome he will give you the best deal possible guarantee!!!!

Ashton
aka Big Worm
Old 05-25-2011, 08:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Any idea where I can get a wing mount in the US? Something so simple/cheap is been out of stock for probably 2 months. I cant even explain to you guys how irritated I am with this issue. Can someone from Durango please chime in with possible delivery date?

For guys with different brands still around could you please see if any other brand fits. I dont care how many holes i have to drill in the shock tower as long as I can make it work. Durango wing mount is very weak and I wouldn't mind switching to something stronger anyways.
Thanks for the help
Old 05-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Norbert50p
Any idea where I can get a wing mount in the US? Something so simple/cheap is been out of stock for probably 2 months. I cant even explain to you guys how irritated I am with this issue. Can someone from Durango please chime in with possible delivery date?

For guys with different brands still around could you please see if any other brand fits. I dont care how many holes i have to drill in the shock tower as long as I can make it work. Durango wing mount is very weak and I wouldn't mind switching to something stronger anyways.
Thanks for the help
http://cgi.ebay.com/TEAM-DURANGO-DNX...item4aab74597c
Old 05-25-2011, 10:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Thanks for the help
Norbert the Durango wing fits on the agama mount. I have one you can try sat if you guys are coming to CVR.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:25 AM
Tech Adept

Default little mod for the support

Originally Posted by lewis666
hi there,

does anyone have problems with the throttle support twisting? mine seems to twist alot. i heard fioroni throttle/brake holder is quite good?

many thanks

lewis
hi, I had a similar issue but mine was completly unscrewed just put two longer screw with two nylstop 3mm on the top. it will made safe and limit the flex a lot.

regards
Old 05-26-2011, 05:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Schnurf
hi, I had a similar issue but mine was completly unscrewed just put two longer screw with two nylstop 3mm on the top. it will made safe and limit the flex a lot.

regards
i will try that mod thanks. the screws holding it down dont seem to get a good hold i will look into that. the thread might be threaded and the screws aren't tightening. have you got a picture?

thanks

lewis
Old 05-26-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the help
Really sorry about this - we've actually revised this part slightly and it should be available very soon.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamDurango
Really sorry about this - we've actually revised this part slightly and it should be available very soon.
and when is the modified tank coming out?
Old 05-26-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

Default Mod

Originally Posted by lewis666
i will try that mod thanks. the screws holding it down dont seem to get a good hold i will look into that. the thread might be threaded and the screws aren't tightening. have you got a picture?

thanks

lewis
Old 05-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TeamDurango
the mid CVD is not very "serious about racing" in this car, infact, I have to change the mid CVD (rear) in each race because the car is blocked on rear axle.............. I have worn 2 cvd in the last race (track with more grip)

I want to know what Team durango doing, because this is a serious problem
I do not understand why no one complains wear of CVD mid (rear) on this forum, you're losing many customers for these problems, and think instead support wing .......... wrong policy, your customers can not wait for December to get these parts, absurd industrial policy!

What should I do? Actually, I have to spend 20 euros for each race for mid CVD, it seems right?
you lose any more time and dnx408 will be labeled with "fragile car", this is world of race !

in 7 months to release 2 shock diaphram ... very good job, lol!
you already have all the pictures of my broken parts submitted by Italian Distributor, is an encyclopedia ahahhaha

guys stop defend the Durango work, it's time to reclaim

sorry But I'm angry with Durango, with me the few italian customers remaining !

Last edited by dark; 05-26-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:34 PM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The Losi wing mount fits but holds the wing about 3/8" higher
Old 05-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dark
the mid CVD is not very "serious about racing" in this car, infact, I have to change the mid CVD (rear) in each race because the car is blocked on rear axle.............. I have worn 2 cvd in the last race (track with more grip)

I do not understand why no one complains wear of CVD mid (rear) on this forum, you're losing many customers for these problems, and think instead support wing .......... wrong policy, your customers can not wait for December to get these parts, absurd industrial policy!

What should I do? Actually, I have to spend 20 euros for each race for mid CVD, it seems right?
you lose any more time and dnx408 will be labeled with "fragile car", this is world of race !

you already have all the pictures of my broken parts submitted by Italian Distributor, is an encyclopedia ahahhaha

I find it hard to believe that you go through parts like that. If so maybe a different car is what you need? This is supposed to be a fun hobby.........
Old 05-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dark

I have never changed mine yet.....three races, and many practice days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.