Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 666

Just poppin in to say we finally got to start racing outside here in joliet illinois at leisure hrs raceway and this is my 1st nitro buggy but I couldn't be happier damn 408 even makes me look good running a setup I got off dingo site and atm its workin sweet with aka enduro rubber
Ty Team D for 1 hell of a sweet buggy now get off your asses and get out them hop ups so I have something to piss what cash I have still away lol
Dnf don
Old 05-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

What is everybody using for a starting point for setup? Box stock?
Old 05-23-2011, 01:25 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Anyone else think the radio box is a little tight....? I got my 4pl receiver in with no problem but the darn switch wires and pack wires kept being a pain.

Other than that I set my endpoints up earlier so I'm finally ready to hit the track. Still have a little noise out of my throttle servo at neutral even though I've triple checked the linkage and epa's and trims. Guess it will be okay. (Savox 1256TG)
Old 05-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Tech Champion

I used my nice new crimper to custom cut the servo and switch wires to the perfect length so have plenty of room for the most part. The most crowded part I have right now is the battery connector which I am going to switch to the small 2 pin Deans connectors soon.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

The radio box is a little tight.... I've now done away with the switch. I used a servo extension cable and cut it in half and soldered on some mini deans connectors which I've routed outside the box which frees up a bit of room inside. Also eliminates a switch failure...I just hope my soldering is ok!!

Savox servos generally seem a little noisier than other brands. As long as it doesn't sound like it is straining too hard and your throttle post isn't flexing excessively, you should be fine.

Last edited by Jaf1977; 05-23-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pin2Win
What is everybody using for a starting point for setup? Box stock?
http://lutzinator.com/?file_id=15

I am using a variation on Lutz's Silver State setup. I lengthened my rear camber link to the inside hole on the tower and brought the rear shocks in one hole on the tower as well. I am running 50wt Losi oil in the front with 32.5wt Losi oil in the rear. 5/5/3 in the diffs. Other than that it is right off the sheet. It is a very predictable and easy car to drive. I have driven on a medium traction, tight indoor track as well as a fast, rough, outdoor track that developed huge ruts and holes at the end of the front straight. The car was a dream on both tracks, especially through the ruts and holes at the outdoor venue.

Originally Posted by MattP
Anyone else think the radio box is a little tight....? I got my 4pl receiver in with no problem but the darn switch wires and pack wires kept being a pain.

Other than that I set my endpoints up earlier so I'm finally ready to hit the track. Still have a little noise out of my throttle servo at neutral even though I've triple checked the linkage and epa's and trims. Guess it will be okay. (Savox 1256TG)
Ditch the switch. I ran my battery lead out the hole for the switch and ran an extension wire out of the hole and secured to the top of the radio box. I connect the two together to turn on my car, no switch to fail and plenty of room in the radio box.

For what it's worth, my servo still makes a little noise as well. Survived a hot/muggy 30 minute main this weekend so I am happy. I did wrap the back end of it in the reflective heat tape and space it out from the mount just in case.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

anyone use something different for the brake linkage.... the fuel line sucks
Old 05-23-2011, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racerx336
http://lutzinator.com/?file_id=15

I am using a variation on Lutz's Silver State setup. I lengthened my rear camber link to the inside hole on the tower and brought the rear shocks in one hole on the tower as well. I am running 50wt Losi oil in the front with 32.5wt Losi oil in the rear. 5/5/3 in the diffs. Other than that it is right off the sheet. It is a very predictable and easy car to drive. I have driven on a medium traction, tight indoor track as well as a fast, rough, outdoor track that developed huge ruts and holes at the end of the front straight. The car was a dream on both tracks, especially through the ruts and holes at the outdoor venue.

Ditch the switch. I ran my battery lead out the hole for the switch and ran an extension wire out of the hole and secured to the top of the radio box. I connect the two together to turn on my car, no switch to fail and plenty of room in the radio box.

For what it's worth, my servo still makes a little noise as well. Survived a hot/muggy 30 minute main this weekend so I am happy. I did wrap the back end of it in the reflective heat tape and space it out from the mount just in case.
Thanks for the info.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Had a great weekend with the Durango....was running in the Oregon State Series....ended up not qualifying the best (7th)....but was able to put it together in the main and ended up winning by 3 laps!!!!....I had so many comments on how great my car looked and handled...and I have to say....it felt great to receive the comments and even better to drive the car...it is getting better and better each time out....cant wait for the next round!!
Old 05-23-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

anyone having success with the durango without the 2mm mod? jus curious...
Old 05-24-2011, 05:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Cool Ryan Lutz wins the Grand Re-Opening of Area 54!

Ryan Lutz wins the Grand Re-opening of the Area 54 this past weekend with his Nitro Buggy... Check it out at www.rcinsider.com!

www.rcinsider.com
Old 05-24-2011, 10:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb
anyone having success with the durango without the 2mm mod? jus curious...
Lutz's NEO setup doesn't have it.

I don't have a lot of time on the car yet, but I think it locks the rear in too much on our tight track.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:54 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by pimpedaccord

I don't have a lot of time on the car yet, but I think it locks the rear in too much on our tight track.
Thats not right, because you can see from pictures from his car, that it has the rear raised. He also uses some 2.5 toe bushings which are not available to us at the moment.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pimpedaccord

I run the +2mm mod all the time now. I apologize for mistakenly omitting it on the set-up sheet.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

Default Carbon Fiber Parts from Xtreme Racing

http://www.xtremercracing.com/DNX408.cfm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.