Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ratjayfala
Ok. I'm personally not happy with the car and have said as much. I thought you were one of the fan boys that madly (blindly perhaps) defended this car after my post yesterday.
I do like the car IMO it's very easy to work on and maintenance is fairly simple. When I can change front or rear diff oil in 10 mins start to finish that's pretty impressive and I'm prob slow compared to the pro guys but I'm just honest about it and I am willing to give it a chance where some pick I up put the stock setup on it drive it once or twice and toss it. Im just a little mote patient but I am concerned about some of the parts I'm replacing. I like to use the forum for information sharing. Spreads the knowledge and personal experience around.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:33 AM
Tech Adept

Default Stock Clutch

Anyone has a guide in knowing when the stock clutch Shoe needs replacement? A specific diameter or when the clutch spring is visible?

Last edited by Sleepstream; 05-16-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:44 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Driving styles

For those you who are are having challenges with the way this car drives and handles, I would like to get some specific feedback on your driving styles. Are you a finesse driver or an aggressive driver?

I have had lots of conversation with people in my area who no longer own their Durango and have started to find some commonality in their driving techniques.

Curious to hear about yours.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hookem34
For those you who are are having challenges with the way this car drives and handles, I would like to get some specific feedback on your driving styles. Are you a finesse driver or an aggressive driver?

I have had lots of conversation with people in my area who no longer own their Durango and have started to find some commonality in their driving techniques.

I drive conservatively and have gotten better results with this car than the last brand that I was patient with for more than 4 years. I bought each " edition" that came out until I had them piled up and lost interest. This car has the thickest chassis I can find. I bought a second one for parts, yes, you're going to wreck. I was racing at rchq, going around hamburger hill full throttle, went for inside pass, climbed the pipe and came to a dead stop on a nail. Took out the front right side. No problem swiped it off my second one. I've wasted other cars the same way.
I've had several gallons on this car. Do I feel the need to play skeet with it and my shotgun?! No. I was patient for 4 years on my last championship edition car.
But if I do , some day had enough with this car, and tear it up with my .45 cal, I'll be sure to post some pics.
Until then I'll continue to run my dingo!
Old 05-16-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Frank L
I do like the car IMO it's very easy to work on and maintenance is fairly simple. When I can change front or rear diff oil in 10 mins start to finish that's pretty impressive and I'm prob slow compared to the pro guys but I'm just honest about it and I am willing to give it a chance where some pick I up put the stock setup on it drive it once or twice and toss it. Im just a little mote patient but I am concerned about some of the parts I'm replacing. I like to use the forum for information sharing. Spreads the knowledge and personal experience around.
Frank,
I think servO saver is to tight by the book. I backed mine off till it clears the chassis, wrecked the he'll out of it yesterday and all I did was strip the threads from turnbuckle.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

For those using the Losi diff cups on the center diff, are you using Losi's seals and gasket or are you using the Durango parts? Mine leaks like a sieve and since I'm rebuilding it this week, it's as good a time as any to take care of it.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I think I am more of a conservative driver. I like to steer the car around the track rather than slide it around the track. I usually come in the corner hard and then brake take the corner and then on the gas out of it. IDK what kind of driver that makes me

Originally Posted by Kolunatic
Frank,
I think servO saver is to tight by the book. I backed mine off till it clears the chassis, wrecked the he'll out of it yesterday and all I did was strip the threads from turnbuckle.
OK It just seems strange to actually bend that part to the point where it no longer rotates freely anymore.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Oli
Tech Rookie

I would say I drive like a bit of a pussy. I like to have a fair bit of steering, and am not someone who likes there car to be dumb. I tend to drive in to corners fairly hard, but break before the apex, then roll/accelerate through the apex and pull out of the corner. I like to have a fairly planted rear end, but do like the car to rotate.

In the past I find I've had quite a fine line between pushing my car as hard as I could without making mistakes, and pushing a bit harder and making unforced errors. I find the Durango really suits my driving style, but, I'm able to push it harder than any other cars I've driven without making mistakes.

Having said that, I know of one factory driver here in the UK that pushes his car HARD! And having been seemingly struggling a bit with it when he first got it, now seems to be well at home with it and is putting in some good results.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Yes nick but have you driven them? The serpent rides a little flat but it's confident about it. The Durango is a little more edgy and if you can handle it you will be rewarded.

On another note I pulled apart the steering because it was very rough and I had a cracked lower servo saver, ovaled saver tube (the gold part) and stripped out saver nut. IDK what to say besides time to get some more parts from nankinhobby.com

Very True, I should have stated, From Appearance and build methods, the Serpent is more losi then the Dingo.

PS ill be calling you in the next 20-30
Old 05-16-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chedda bob
I run the M2C adjustable weight 4 shoe setup. All 4 med shoes w/ 2 .95 and 2 1.0 springs, good and snappy, yet very drivable

Before that I ran the stock clutch w/ 1.0 springs. Snappy, yes... Smooth? Not enough for me.

~C.B.
Your welcome.............

Ashton
Old 05-16-2011, 03:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AMorgan
For those using the Losi diff cups on the center diff, are you using Losi's seals and gasket or are you using the Durango parts? Mine leaks like a sieve and since I'm rebuilding it this week, it's as good a time as any to take care of it.
i did like someone else.instead i used a AE diff shim,ground off that much from the neck of diff,opposite of spur,place oring over outdrive then diff shim.you'll have to grind to fit,works for me so far.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Frank can U post a pic of your starter box for the 408 believe your using the blue ofna truggy box.

Ive moved the rear brace all the way down it sit on the screw which holes down the lid. But the pegs don't extend far enough. I have it setup been running it with on peg which hit the rear side guard but the buggy isn't secure. My pit guy has a hard time.

Did you mod the box or are U uisng different pegs.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Frank can U post a pic of your starter box for the 408 believe your using the blue ofna truggy box.

Ive moved the rear brace all the way down it sit on the screw which holes down the lid. But the pegs don't extend far enough. I have it setup been running it with on peg which hit the rear side guard but the buggy isn't secure. My pit guy has a hard time.

Did you mod the box or are U uisng different pegs.
i drilled holes in sideguards for pegs,blue top ofna,pegs all way back,very secure.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Kolunatic
i drilled holes in sideguards for pegs,blue top ofna,pegs all way back,very secure.
Thats a idea thanks
Old 05-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Oli
I drive like a bit of a pussy.
Oli - you've got to get yourself a T-Shirt with that printed on it!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.