Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chirivita
Hey Frank, what setup are you running on the electric one?

The stock one works really well for me but shocks are too hard, and still the car is fantastic to drive.
Pm me your email and I'll send it to you.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Where the ego's are so big, people's heads can't fit in the door
Trader Rating: 149 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeC
Chedda, any chance on making some of the titanium blocks and selling them?
Honestly? No.

They are simply wayyyyy too time consuming to make. Our CNC's are always running so everything has to be done by hand on a Bridgeport mill... The good ole fashioned way. We made 1 set for another local guy and he paid $300. Yes, $300. By the time we were done, we had close to 25-30 hrs in the set of 3 (FF,FR,RF mounts, no need for the RR's). Plus the simple fact when we did make them we scrapped a few due to the pieces pulling out of the vise. The parts have to be held onto in very difficult ways for some of the millwork. Not fun.

Sorry guys

C.B.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Thanks I've got some wrenching to do.

I did drive a serpent after the race and then I drove the dnx back to back and well I like the dnx. The serpent felt a little more stable but I still like the dnx for the few tanks I ran even with the setup that I'm still not happy with on it. Just my opinion. I would say the dnx is more Losi like and the serpent is more hot bodies like if there is such a thing.

The Serpent's are Really losi ish in regards to many of thing's... Imo more so than the Dingo, Ive build both and Definitely the More Losi esque design goes to serpent.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

pro line new body for dingo? so it looks on savoya car.!
Old 05-15-2011, 09:54 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Integra
The Serpent's are Really losi ish in regards to many of thing's... Imo more so than the Dingo, Ive build both and Definitely the More Losi esque design goes to serpent.
Yes nick but have you driven them? The serpent rides a little flat but it's confident about it. The Durango is a little more edgy and if you can handle it you will be rewarded.

On another note I pulled apart the steering because it was very rough and I had a cracked lower servo saver, ovaled saver tube (the gold part) and stripped out saver nut. IDK what to say besides time to get some more parts from nankinhobby.com
Old 05-15-2011, 10:26 PM
Tech Initiate

there is a guy on a certain website that requires you to bid on auctions that has a brand new dnx408 that was assembled by a pro driver and has never even had an engine bolted to it. It comes with the upc and receipt so you can send it to durango to get the $100 worth of free parts. Any of you looking for a new 408 should check it out. There is no reserve on it so the highest bidder takes it.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:04 AM
Tech Regular

Raced my durangos yesterday and I'm still not satisfied with the nitro Durango. The e converted Durango drives great and no matter what j do it seems like I cant get the nitro version up to that level. I also suffered some broken parts, a front arm and a front spindle and a buddy of mine lost the rear center drive pin. It would be nice to see some type of retaining device for these pins. Another Durango suffered several broken parts front and rear arm and even a cracked alum center diff carrier where the brake piston goes through. Idk how that part broke there weren't any cement walls to hit I also ripped the body off again and it was brand new with an upgrade skin

But does anyone have any suggestions on shock setup. Everytime I think I like my setup it proves me wrong. Right now I'm running front 1.4 piston td orange spring and 40wt and rear 1.3 piston td green spring and 40wt (I started with 30wt rear and it was bouncy) thanks.
But you still defend this car Frank?
Old 05-16-2011, 12:11 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by ratjayfala
But you still defend this car Frank?
Im not defending. I didnt know there was an offense attacking it. The car is what it is. My opinion is a little up in the air right now.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:57 AM
Tech Regular

Im not defending. I didnt know there was an offense attacking it. The car is what it is. My opinion is a little up in the air right now.
Ok. I'm personally not happy with the car and have said as much. I thought you were one of the fan boys that madly (blindly perhaps) defended this car after my post yesterday.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

My first time with the DNX. Not too bad I don't think, the two whoop sections are really tough to find a rymthm through. Those were with Revolver V3's, need to find a legal race tire though... Suggestions?

Going back soon and was wondering what everyone thought as far as the car's setup. Car look too tight or loose to anyone?
Old 05-16-2011, 04:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84
Looks ugly compared to the stock body.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84
this!! Losi Eu style
Attached Thumbnails Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-dnc9700.jpg  
Old 05-16-2011, 05:39 AM
Tech Adept

new spring?

new wing?

new position shock try
Attached Thumbnails Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-dnc9780.jpg  
Old 05-16-2011, 06:12 AM
Oli
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ratjayfala
Ok. I'm personally not happy with the car and have said as much. I thought you were one of the fan boys that madly (blindly perhaps) defended this car after my post yesterday.
You're hilarious man!

Was tempted to rise to it and have some fun, but I'm having enough fun reading your posts without commenting...
Old 05-16-2011, 06:16 AM
Oli
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by dark
new spring?

new wing?

new position shock try
Same spring, same wing (just cut to accommodate the rearward shock position) and shocks mounted backwards by flipping the rear arms left to right.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.