Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TrickyMick
Looks like someone had a bad day.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lewis666
hi there,

i am thinking of updated from nimh to LIFE receiver packs now that i have got a Durango.

this is the LIFE in question

http://www.jespares.com/nitro-models...ategory_id=248

i am wondering if people have experienced this battery before and what do they think of it?

many thanks

lewis
Didn't want your post to get lost in all this...

It looks like it should work. The battery compartment is designed for standard 'stick' receiver packs. If you have questions about using a LiFe, my bud uses one in his S811 with even less capacity, and running time is still great. Never drained it in a race weekend yet. LiFe is definitely a step up from NIMH. I'm running a lipo/hv setup on my 408 however....
Old 05-15-2011, 02:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kolunatic
not cool.i haven't met anyone that has a dingo and hates it.
a fairly new company with their first 1/8 nitro,out of the box design,i bought 2
"not cool " ??!!

i´m not a hater, i know gerd strenge and have a good contact to him & i´m in 1/8 nitro off-road since 1992 AND THIS CAR has serious problems !

take off your pink glasses guys, you bought 2 to have spares and not because you love this car so much.
i´m tryin´to race this buggy, but going home every weekend frustrated because of serious probs not because of driving errors !

GOOD POINT i can tell you from gerd himself : they´re working hard to get the car better !

sorry guys, when you´re a serious racer and put some gallons on that car in race not in a backyard, you´ll have a long list with issues, sad but true !

now every 1 will have to make the decisision for himself if he stays in love & take all probs/waitin´for update etc... OR go into another buggy thread
Old 05-15-2011, 03:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ratjayfala
For anyone considering buying this car. One piece of advice from someone who has some experience with it.

DONT BUY THIS CAR!!!!!

Here are just the main reasons why. There are others but if this is not enough for you then good luck to you as your going to need it.

Shock caps are poorly designed. They cut the shock bladders. Others will tell you that it's because you over tighten the caps but take my word for it. Bad design.

Motor can be difficult to fit. Have to shave chassis brace.

Rear drive shaft can rub on radio box and result in broken shaft
Radio tray design is just plain poor. I mean come one, who owns a 1mm driver?? What the hell were you thinking td?

Car is difficult to setup. Maybe ok for someone with a lot of experience but no good for a new driver. Put a mugen together and it just works.

Poor design around the tank. You have to manufacture a splash guard to protect your steering servo.

If your not careful with throttle servo setup get ready to buynew ones regulary. If you live in a hot climate then get ready to burn out your servo unless you set it up perfectly.

This post is not meant for people who own this car now. I know what they will say. It's not the car blah blah blah.......this is meant for anyone considering this POS. Take my advice and stay away.
Hi Ratjayfala,i'm not sure were u live in OZ,if u need help with ur Durango just come up and see me,we will be at the NSW Titles this coming wknd.If u want 2 chat via email [email protected].I am more than happy 2 help u get ur Durango dialed.Cheers Scott.McBride
Old 05-15-2011, 03:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kolunatic
you cant please everyone
this isnt an entry level buggy,the price reflects that.but i like it.it works for meits a tight fit for everythingit works for meits totally different than any other,thats why i bought iti've gotten better results driving this dingo in a few months than my last buggy of few yearsbut i didn't post over there like you did here,not cool.it's obvious your lack of mechanical skills got the best of you.good day mate
Lack of mechanical skills eh. Was only a matter of time before someone came up with the old " it's not the car it's your lack of mechanical skills".
Old 05-15-2011, 03:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tiipan
Hi Ratjayfala,i'm not sure were u live in OZ,if u need help with ur Durango just come up and see me,we will be at the NSW Titles this coming wknd.If u want 2 chat via email [email protected].I am more than happy 2 help u get ur Durango dialed.Cheers Scott.McBride
Scott that's very kind of you. Was going to go to the titles but have decided to pass on it.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

that a shame,if u get a chance 2 come 2 the NSW Titles come up and have a chat.I'm more than happy 2 pass on all our Durango set ups.Cheers Scott
Old 05-15-2011, 03:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

hi there,

i am thinking of updated from nimh to LIFE receiver packs now that i have got a Durango.

i am wondering if people have experienced this battery before and what do they think of it?

many thanks

lewis
LiFe works well with hitec 7954. We all run it here in east coast. this is what we use and lasts all day. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Balancer-Plug
Old 05-15-2011, 05:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hi there,

many thanks

lewis
Hey Lewis, I don't know about the pack you posted - however, as you know you can get my 2 packs NIB, perfect fit for the Durango & for 1 pound less, link is here... Let me know, they are still available if you are still interested
Old 05-15-2011, 06:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys not doing the off road thing so I still have my Durango for sale all new with Werks b6 and 2057 pipe and new ofna box $700 or best [email protected] for pics
Old 05-15-2011, 06:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Also have the electric conversion $75 OBO
Old 05-15-2011, 06:52 AM
Tech Adept

hi there,

many thanks

lewis
I have 2 of those and they fit great and seems to be good and sturdy.
I did have to change the plug but used the occation to shorten the wires as they are quite long, and as you know the compartment in the durango is somewhat small.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Raced my durangos yesterday and I'm still not satisfied with the nitro Durango. The e converted Durango drives great and no matter what j do it seems like I cant get the nitro version up to that level. I also suffered some broken parts, a front arm and a front spindle and a buddy of mine lost the rear center drive pin. It would be nice to see some type of retaining device for these pins. Another Durango suffered several broken parts front and rear arm and even a cracked alum center diff carrier where the brake piston goes through. Idk how that part broke there weren't any cement walls to hit I also ripped the body off again and it was brand new with an upgrade skin

But does anyone have any suggestions on shock setup. Everytime I think I like my setup it proves me wrong. Right now I'm running front 1.4 piston td orange spring and 40wt and rear 1.3 piston td green spring and 40wt (I started with 30wt rear and it was bouncy) thanks.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:18 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I got the skinny on the shocks. Thanks Chedda bob
Old 05-15-2011, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 172 (100%+)

frank i have been useing 1.4 piston front td black springs 40wt losi oil,the rear i have a losi 56 piston (1.2) with 30wt losi oil td grey rear springs works very well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.