Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by devilsquid View Post
I really dont think you will regret it King.
You gonna run today?
Old 11-21-2010, 01:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Im gonna come out but not race. I was wheeling the Mugen very good yesterday. Too bad I broke it on the triple. That triple is just flat raping me.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by devilsquid View Post
Im gonna come out but not race. I was wheeling the Mugen very good yesterday. Too bad I broke it on the triple. That triple is just flat raping me.
Double single is the best bet for that jump Although its alot of fun to clear it Shane and I will be out today to practice.(11am-ish) Just wish I was practicing with the Durango!!!!
Old 11-21-2010, 01:58 AM
Tech Regular

I may bring the D8 and swap all my stuff over to it so that I can play but I am not gonna race.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:59 AM
Tech Regular

double single but man it is so inviting and hard not to go for it sometimes
Old 11-21-2010, 05:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Brakes

Originally Posted by TeamDurango View Post
Memory motor mount - once gear mesh is set you can remove the motor mount with the engine and leave the gold plate in position on the chassis, so engine & mount can be refitted in exactly the same place, with same gear mesh.

Brake disks - they are CNC machined glass fibre composite. They work great, but it's worth knowing the disks n pads are standard size so can fit pretty much what you like.

Like I said above BRILLIANT job to all the guys in the worlds final and a champions drive from Cody, great job.

I just wanted to bring some attention to the raw pace of the DNX408 in the sea of news coming out of the event, I'm not trying to take anything away from anyone, their results are rightly in the history books period.

Here is a question/request for you fine people at Durango:

Are you going to have the "Spurgaer brake-system" as an option part for the car? Please Please say yes. I think alot of people would be hugely interested in upgrading their cars with that.

To show you the exact system i mean, look at the picture in the link below:

------------>buggies.it/portal/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/DNX408_new-Brake-system-500x333.jpg<-------------

Otherwise the car looks awesome, absolute KILLER!! And i should be getting mine late next week.

Best Regards
Old 11-21-2010, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

that does look awesome. spur brake would only be one brake though, right?
Attached Thumbnails Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-dnx408_new-brake-system-500x333.jpg  
Old 11-21-2010, 07:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by KingKarate757 View Post
that does look awesome. spur brake would only be one brake though, right?
Yess, I want it too, Jason can you explain us how this brake system work?

Thanks
Old 11-21-2010, 07:25 AM
Tech Adept

What do you mean "explain" ?
It's pretty straight forward. You lose the ability to tune front and rear break bias, but gain the advantage of the differential working as supposed during braking. Breakdisk, the spurgear, breakpads on either side of it, the end.
Might not suit everyones style of driving, but i sure like the idea.
B!
Old 11-21-2010, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

Some rough photos of the production car - all shown is kit as standard spec. It will ship with TD wheels, but we took them off for the photos.
THATS SICK!!! CAN'T WAIT TO GET MINE!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
Back to the car for a bit... Those brake-discs and calipers absolutely has to go. The single spur-gear break system that is floating around in pictures looks interesting as a replacement. Either way, nylon break-disc's and steel calipers are a flat out no go.
Other then that... Need more pics, and i'll let ya all know what i think... regardless of if you want to see it, or not ;- )
B!
yea i would like to see steel discs personally i had a serpent and the breaks fadded after about 20 laps
Old 11-21-2010, 11:39 AM
am
Tech Master

That will be the same brake as you will get when you run electric 1:8th scale and the motor brakes on the spurgear.

In my opinion, it will not be a very good system for all tracksurface and traction. If you have a very high traction surface, you will be abale to brake so hard that the rear end will unload and instead of getting brakes, the centerdiff will transfer the brakingforce from the front wheels with traction, to the rear wheels without traction and you will loose braking power.

Offcourse i can be wrong but if you take out all brake bieas on your rear brake, you will see that the rear wheels spins backwards because of the centerdiff. Seen it several times on cars of people who has no idea how to build a car.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by am View Post
That will be the same brake as you will get when you run electric 1:8th scale and the motor brakes on the spurgear.
In 1:8 electric this is not a problem... if you set brake to 100% on your Esc you will probably unload the rear and loose brake power, but if you set brake at around 50% your car brakes very efficiently, it's like having ABS on 1:1 cars.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What is the weight of the production car?
Old 11-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Adept

Memory motor mount - once gear mesh is set you can remove the motor mount with the engine and leave the gold plate in position on the chassis, so engine & mount can be refitted in exactly the same place, with same gear mesh.

Brake disks - they are CNC machined glass fibre composite. They work great, but it's worth knowing the disks n pads are standard size so can fit pretty much what you like.

Like I said above BRILLIANT job to all the guys in the worlds final and a champions drive from Cody, great job.

I just wanted to bring some attention to the raw pace of the DNX408 in the sea of news coming out of the event, I'm not trying to take anything away from anyone, their results are rightly in the history books period.
There is always going to be people who love and or hate your product. I think
the Durango buggy looks really cool. I tip my hat to to them for going outside the box in there design. I drive for Tamiya and can tell you first hand that Ryan is an amazing driver and is going to make that buggy quicker in the near future. Yes I'm bummed he left Tamiya but I'm sure he's pumped on making a new car faster than before.

Yes Cody is the King....but there is nothing wrong with giving your boys a good pat on the back for giving it there all. To tell you the truth I thought Maifield had that race rapped up. But like we all know there are a hundred things that can go wrong at a nitro race....ask Ryan Cavalieri after his wheel fell off.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service