Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:37 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Spads11
Fuel tank gremlins have visited me . Played hell getting a tune until I saw nothing but bubbles going to the carb. Have a new tank on order; anyone find anything else that works?
I havent read anything else that works. I practiced with a buddy that seemed to suffer tank issues on a brand new engine temps reached 300. The tune didnt really sound bad but im sure it was sucking air somewhere.

BTW heres how my fuel line runs with filters, and I run the exaust next to the fuel line now not whats pictured.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi Frank, I see that you're running a Losi filter. Do you use any kind of wire jig to support it like on the 8ight, and does it rub the body shell much?
Old 05-09-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captain america
Hi Frank, I see that you're running a Losi filter. Do you use any kind of wire jig to support it like on the 8ight, and does it rub the body shell much?
I'm using the dnx neck on the filter and the body pushes it down a little but there's no place for it to go so it just hangs out there. I have ran it this way since day one after christmas, seems to work for me. But no wire or holder.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:26 AM
Tech Addict

I wish TD would come out with new upgraded parts.
No problems with tank yet, I messed up one by trying splash guard.I guess I should have one on hand just in case.

Frank, I got my kopropo servo installed and have a question.do I need a servo programmer or just plug and play?
I also opted for no switch and fed wires out of vent and switch hole.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:59 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kolunatic
No problems with tank yet, I messed up one by trying splash guard.I guess I should have one on hand just in case.

Frank, I got my kopropo servo installed and have a question.do I need a servo programmer or just plug and play?
Kevin, I would definitely have a tank on hand. That's about the only part I did not have and it detroyed a race weekend.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Spads11
Kevin, I would definitely have a tank on hand. That's about the only part I did not have and it detroyed a race weekend.
Thanks David. Fth has one I'll snag it, would be nice to buy upgrade tank instead.
What battery are you using?
Old 05-10-2011, 06:03 AM
Tech Regular

+1 on the upgraded parts TD. Really want to see a splash guard.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

hi there,

i have now finished my durango off after resetting the gear mesh and setting the throttle linkage up i am pretty happy. what do people think of the fuel line route and the homemade splash guard?

comments welcome

many thanks

lewis
Old 05-10-2011, 10:44 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Thanks David. Fth has one I'll snag it, would be nice to buy upgrade tank instead.
I use Protek LiFe battery. No lipo worries and no regulator needed. Fits perfectly even with balance connector.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lewis666
hi there,

i have now finished my durango off after resetting the gear mesh and setting the throttle linkage up i am pretty happy. what do people think of the fuel line route and the homemade splash guard?

comments welcome

many thanks

lewis
Fuel line looks awfully short. You won't last long when you go upside down.

I did a splash guard _just_ like that, and if you've followed this tread you would have seen it.
But i have to tell you I've pulled it of again as it was to thick, and made the tank unsealed.
Fuel came out under it (and onto the servo ironicly) and I could se exhaust fumes escape.

Find something alot thinner or just cover the servo.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Addict

Same thing happened to me, then the tank screw holes started leaking, then just had to use tank from other buggy.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

I want to try the 2mm mod but I would like to know if anyone has used the plastic 2mm spacers and did they hold up for you? thanks in advance and im sorry if this has been asked before... search button broke lol
Old 05-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Kolunatic, I am selling two NEW LiFe Hyperion batteries here that fits our DN408 perfectly - PM me if interested.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by CORRRCR
I want to try the 2mm mod but I would like to know if anyone has used the plastic 2mm spacers and did they hold up for you? thanks in advance and im sorry if this has been asked before... search button broke lol
That what im using the servo 2mm spacers no issues they are a hard plactic i just cut in half since they are long.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

I've been using nylon spacers that I got from lhs.8 came in bag, was able to do both buggies. Just had to sand one side a little since they're wide.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.