Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does anyone have an electronic copy of the manual they can share? The link is broken.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Anyone have a link to a conversion chart for diff oils? Or do you know what the kit setup of 70-70-20 in cst converts to in wt?

I have a conversion chart for shock oils but it only goes up to 800cst which isn't too helpful when dealing with 70,000 cst.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:47 AM
Tech Adept

Hahahaha this thread is too funny, obviously it was not fast enough because it lost!!! hahahaha, but the next best thing to wining the title is to start a thread in RCTech and boast about how you could have won it!!!

Hahaha, it may be a good buggy Durango, but you have lost a ton of street cred claiming that crap!!! Take the loss on the chin like a man and not a screaming little girl!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 01:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Can anyone confirm if the kit springs are blue or black rating?

Thanks
Old 12-13-2010, 01:02 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FactoryTeam08
Hahahaha this thread is too funny, obviously it was not fast enough because it lost!!! hahahaha, but the next best thing to wining the title is to start a thread in RCTech and boast about how you could have won it!!!

Hahaha, it may be a good buggy Durango, but you have lost a ton of street cred claiming that crap!!! Take the loss on the chin like a man and not a screaming little girl!!!
Obviously you havent read the content of this thread.....hahaha
Old 12-13-2010, 01:06 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FactoryTeam08
Hehehe!!! how the wheel turns, Tekin fanboys, sell ya Tekins we are going back to LRP!!!!
Fanboy Nice Signature
Old 12-13-2010, 02:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mackyrocks
Does anyone have an electronic copy of the manual they can share? The link is broken.
PDF of the manual is here - http://www.team-durango.com/pdf/manu...n%20Manual.pdf
Old 12-13-2010, 02:42 AM
Tech Initiate

the kit springs are the blue ones
Old 12-13-2010, 02:45 AM
Tech Adept

Default Submit your set-ups

Hello,
Team Durango has made it possible for any of its owners to submit their setup direct to the Team Durango website from the downloadable PDF.

Anyone who submits their setup sheet will see their setup stored on the TD online setup database which can then viewed by anyone from the www.team-durango.com

See new blog here - http://www.team-durango.com/blog/?p=1979

See step by step guide to how to submit setups here - http://www.team-durango.com/blog/?p=775

Set-up data base is here - http://www.team-durango.com/in-the-p...artNo=TD102002

So guys please share your set-ups - thanks
Old 12-13-2010, 03:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fullsyzz
Anyone have a link to a conversion chart for diff oils? Or do you know what the kit setup of 70-70-20 in cst converts to in wt?

I have a conversion chart for shock oils but it only goes up to 800cst which isn't too helpful when dealing with 70,000 cst.
Rule of thumb for conversion is from cst to wt is to knock a zero off the end, so 70,000cst is 7000wt.

"knock a zero off" - It's not a direct conversion as "cst" measures viscosity and "wt" is we think specific gravity of the oil, but its not true unit of measure. Guys who came from 10th scale often talk in "wt" most of the 8th scale companies talk in cst which is a linear and as its an official unit of measure, then perhaps more correct.

...but here come the confusing part, some oil companies don't write the units on their bottles and companies write "wt" on their bottles when mean "cst". So the bottom line is stick to the brand of oil you know or talk to other people on here to see what brand of shock oil works for them. Team Durango will make a range of oils soon, but that's the advice for now.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DRCRacer299
Here is my initial set-up that I have for a Medium to high bite average size indoor clay track. I would guess dimensions to be 120 x 60. 19 second laps.
This track was Delta R/C in Antioch California. Temps were around 50 degrees. Car felt very stable with lots of steering. (This was what I came up with doing one practice, 2 quals, and a main and starting with my Worlds set-up. So more will be done in future weeks to refine this!) :-)

Front shocks 6x1.3mm / 600cts, Red spring
Middle hole on tower, inside on arm
Front camber-link Middle hole/ inner row on tower
Hingepin spacer behind front arm.
Frontdiff 15,000cts
Camber -2
Height 27.5mm
2.1 swaybar
+1.5* toe out
10* caster blocks

Centerdiff: 12,000cts
Std Spur, 13T bell

Rear shocks 6x1.3mm / 600cts, Green spring
Shock Middle hole on tower and outside hole on arm
Rear link center hole on hub, inner row one up from bottom on tower
0 deg rearhubs, hubs centered
Rear arms all the way forward
Reardiff 6000cts
Camber -3
3-2 toe/kick-up insert
Height 27.5mm
2.8 swaybar

Alpha Z852 with Alpha 0801 pipe, Ballistic batteries 2500 lipo flat pack, Ko Propo RsX servos, AKA Enduro tires S (These were the only tires I had glued and ready as I hadn't planned on going racing, S Gridirons I think would have been a little better.)

--Lutzinator
Biggest thanks Ryan,
Can you post a few of these set ups using the submit button on the PDF setup sheet - then everyone who visits the Durango site can see them
See here http://www.team-durango.com/blog/?p=1979

Last edited by TeamDurango; 12-13-2010 at 06:43 AM.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
NO, that is Taiwan QA for you, I got a turnbuckle missing the threads on my 408, and 3 bottom, 1 top diff case pieces on my 410, 2 kits not being build due to QA., I hope Team Durango does something about it, as this does not look good on a top quality kit. and we are not alone.
Tim, Sorry to hear about the problem with the pin. We will send them out free of charge as soon as we have your postal address. please let me have it ASAP. See your PM. thanks

Rui, again sorry to hear about your problems, everything has been reported on our QC log so more checks are made and it does not happen again. Please feel free to send us photos along with your postal address on [email protected] and we will get parts out to you right away.

The bad news is you guys have been unlucky - SORRY for that we will get you on track ASAP. The goods news we are getting loads of reports back on how fast and strong the car is so I'm sure you will be faster than ever very soon

Thanks Jason
Team Durango
Old 12-13-2010, 06:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

What is the weight of this car? With engine, servo etc. ?
Old 12-13-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kbrunsden
the kit springs are the blue ones
Thank you
Old 12-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

My kit went together perfectly. No missing parts, no goofy parts, no problems at all. The fit and finish is awesome and the quality of the parts are up there with the best of them. Extremely pleasant build.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.