Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 12-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vieri
Thank you Mazzinga! Hey, that's pretty big - might I ask if you are sure about it? Did you measure it with a caliper or did you find the info on the net? Don't get me wrong, just want to make sure, I ordered the car and want to get an Ascendancy clutch for it beforehand and wouldn't want to get something it will not work Thanks again!
I hope it is helpfull
Attached Thumbnails Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-foto.jpg  
Old 12-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mazzinga
I hope it is helpfull
That's great, thanks - looks like 34 to me though, unless I am mistaking... anyway, you have been of enormous help, grazie!
Old 12-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vieri
That's great, thanks - looks like 34 to me though, unless I am mistaking... anyway, you have been of enormous help, grazie!
you have to read at the 0 point on the caliper it is 36mm
Old 12-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mazzinga
you have to read the at the 0 point on the caliper it is 36mm
Oh ok, from the picture it looks like the "0" mark is at least a couple mm forward from the actual measuring zone - but I'll take your word for it of course thanks again, that has been very helpful!
Old 12-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ironpeddler
Diff pinion shaft part # 210017. 5 of them are the same length and then one is alot shorter. I can't figure this out. It is supposed to be like this or not??

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/3...carpics067.jpg
NO, that is Taiwan QA for you, I got a turnbuckle missing the threads on my 408, and 3 bottom, 1 top diff case pieces on my 410, 2 kits not being build due to QA., I hope Team Durango does something about it, as this does not look good on a top quality kit. and we are not alone.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
NO, that is Taiwan QA for you, I got a turnbuckle missing the threads on my 408, and 3 bottom, 1 top diff case pieces on my 410, 2 kits not being build due to QA., I hope Team Durango does something about it, as this does not look good on a top quality kit. and we are not alone.
I e-mailed them, we will see what they do.

I will admit I always seem to have bad luck with this kind of stuff. Whether it's a grill, furniture, pc, rc car lol it doesn't matter. So frustrasting/annoying though to wait so long, pay that much, and then get held up by a little defective part. That's life, it happens, can't be that upset. Could be alot worse things happening than simply missing a little rc part.

I do not have much experience though so I am taking it very, very slow, but considering that I have only opened bag A, I hope that this is not a sign of things to come for me.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does anyone know the race weight of the buggy??
Old 12-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

I e-mailed them, we will see what they do.

I will admit I always seem to have bad luck with this kind of stuff. Whether it's a grill, furniture, pc, rc car lol it doesn't matter. So frustrasting/annoying though to wait so long, pay that much, and then get held up by a little defective part. That's life, it happens, can't be that upset. Could be alot worse things happening than simply missing a little rc part.

I do not have much experience though so I am taking it very, very slow, but considering that I have only opened bag A, I hope that this is not a sign of things to come for me.
Hello,
PM me your address and I will get you one out in the mail first thing tomorrow.
-Ryan Lutz
Old 12-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Ryan, do you have any setup sheets available for download yet??
Old 12-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mlbright
Ryan, do you have any setup sheets available for download yet??
Nothing for download yet. Just the two I've posted on here. One from the Worlds and one from Delta R/C (indoor clay).
That's all i've had the chance to run on so far. If you have a specific track type your looking to run on let me know and I can try my best to give a decent starting set-up for it. But as you can see from the two set-ups i have given I didn't have to change much for two totally different types of tracks.

The thing Durango users are going to have to get used to is using heavier front and center diff fluids than other cars. The only time for instance I would use less than 10 in my center diff is if the track is loose and very bumpy. A 15k center diff in this car is the same feeling as a 6k center diff in nearly any other car IMHO.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hate to ask for 2 track setups. But if you can thanks

Thunder Alley

Revrace

Old 12-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

It sounds like the new setups for the Hara Edtion D8 buggy which I'm currently running. But have the opprpotunity to give the Durango a shot. The tracks here in NC are always rough and lose, don't run on to many grooved tracks besides the Badlands in SC, so our setups for 90% of the time have to cater towards the rough tracks. Not too mention we have Barry Pettit to deal with, LOL!! Barry and i are good friends and it's always fun to run with him.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bernarossi
Hate to ask for 2 track setups. But if you can thanks

Thunder Alley

Revrace

I think if you try my Worlds set-up but use say ideally 15-12-5 or at least 10-10-5 if you don't have those other numbers I think that would be a good start for both of those tracks mentioned. Also with it being a bit cooler go down 100 wt oil from what I mentioned for shocks. I think that would be a solid start for you.

Originally Posted by mlbright
It sounds like the new setups for the Hara Edtion D8 buggy which I'm currently running. But have the opprpotunity to give the Durango a shot. The tracks here in NC are always rough and lose, don't run on to many grooved tracks besides the Badlands in SC, so our setups for 90% of the time have to cater towards the rough tracks. Not too mention we have Barry Pettit to deal with, LOL!! Barry and i are good friends and it's always fun to run with him.
Haha Barry is a great young man along with his dad! Awesome people!
If your tracks are rough and slick I would go with 10-5-5 to start with in the diffs. Shock wise try starting with around 550. For everything else just go off of my indoor track set-up. Report back what it needs or you want different.
When I get a chance to run on a rough track i'll be sure to share but It most likely won't be until at least February or the Psycho Nitro in March at the latest.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

Ya Barry and Bobby are great people to be around on and off the track!! Thanks for the advice, all of these newer setups with heavier diff fluids being used are crazy but they work. I'll be at Motorama and Phsyco, both were rough tracks last year, looking forward to running them again this year. I might drop you a PM on FB if I have any other questions if that's ok with you. Thanks again for the info!!

Marlowe
Old 12-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Tech Regular

Diff pinion shaft part # 210017. 5 of them are the same length and then one is alot shorter. I can't figure this out. It is supposed to be like this or not??

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/3...carpics067.jpg

lets hope its not a trend , the two cars in my local track both had defects

one had no thread on one side of the throttle rod and the other had no threads on one of the steering rack long bolts,
mines due any day

Like Ryans says go heavier on the diffs then you would think.
both cars at my track were way to twitchy because of light diffs
but were still pretty good non the less

iam starting with 20.15.5

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.