Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:25 AM
  #4111  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (42)
 
autocadsteve197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Queensland, Australia, Earth, Galaxy, Universe, A Childs Sandpit
Posts: 937
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by maxflo777
43/13 x 48/13, same as Losi's
Sorry I should have said the internal ratio.
autocadsteve197 is offline  
Old 04-22-2011, 11:56 AM
  #4112  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (25)
 
pimpedaccord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Massillon OH
Posts: 742
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

That is the internal ratio...
pimpedaccord is offline  
Old 04-22-2011, 12:49 PM
  #4113  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (24)
 
slotkarter77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wichita, Ks.
Posts: 686
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

I bought a 408 today, im looking for the "must have" mods, parts, etc.
What spares should i carry, etc.
I cannot find a place to download the instruction manual, i can open it in PDF from the durango website but cannot download it to have a copy on my pc.
thanks in advance
slotkarter77 is offline  
Old 04-22-2011, 01:35 PM
  #4114  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
nitrozilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 283
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Lutz and 408 looking good at Neo
http://www.rcnews.net/rob/raceresults/NEO11/peor0.htm
nitrozilla is offline  
Old 04-22-2011, 02:39 PM
  #4115  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (148)
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,520
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nitrozilla
Nice job Lutzinator
Frank L is offline  
Old 04-22-2011, 03:10 PM
  #4116  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,191
Default

Originally Posted by slotkarter77
I bought a 408 today, im looking for the "must have" mods, parts, etc.
What spares should i carry, etc.
I cannot find a place to download the instruction manual, i can open it in PDF from the durango website but cannot download it to have a copy on my pc.
thanks in advance
On Firefox I can go to that page and do a "Save as" and save it as a PDF.
InspGadgt is offline  
Old 04-22-2011, 03:27 PM
  #4117  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (148)
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,520
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
On Firefox I can go to that page and do a "Save as" and save it as a PDF.
Same on safari

Manual sent via email.
Frank L is offline  
Old 04-22-2011, 03:38 PM
  #4118  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Posts: 130
Default iPhone

Originally Posted by Frank L
Same on safari

Manual sent via email.
Yeah Steve job suck ! iPhone suck! I have a iPhone too
Schnurf is offline  
Old 04-22-2011, 04:40 PM
  #4119  
Tech Addict
 
Kolunatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: san antonio,Texas
Posts: 646
Default Spads11

Originally Posted by Spads11
Update on what you test and how you like it. I like the 5,5,2 at RCHQ with the current track, but that looks like it is going to change this week!
You going to rchq tomorrow? I'm trying the +2 rear mod. I snagged some hpi 3x12mm chsand some 2pm nylon spacers for now.dropped the steering servo down a couple mm was getting too close when jr servo torques out started rubbing fr drive.
Kolunatic is offline  
Old 04-22-2011, 06:55 PM
  #4120  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (56)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,450
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

What is the difference between
FUEL TANK PARTS SET
Part No: TD290007

AND

Team Durango Fuel Tank Cap Set TDR320031

Also see alot of tanks at neo race with pressure nipple on the tank lid. Is this a new part coming?

Last edited by underway; 04-22-2011 at 07:37 PM.
underway is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 12:47 AM
  #4121  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (42)
 
autocadsteve197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Queensland, Australia, Earth, Galaxy, Universe, A Childs Sandpit
Posts: 937
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by maxflo777
43/13 x 48/13, same as Losi's
Originally Posted by pimpedaccord
That is the internal ratio...
Hmmmm that sounds to me like the spur/pinion teeth count. (sorry, maybe I'm confused in what I thought was the transmission ratio) As far as I knew the front/center/rear diffs used the same gears in all 3 diffs so the internal ratio should be the same reading and should read something like 4.30:1. (which is RC8) And I think the Losi eight 2.0 is 3.30:1. So I'm wanting to know what the DNX408's internal diff ratio is.
autocadsteve197 is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 01:23 AM
  #4122  
Tech Master
iTrader: (38)
 
shanef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Qld, Australia
Posts: 1,907
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by autocadsteve197
Hmmmm that sounds to me like the spur/pinion teeth count. (sorry, maybe I'm confused in what I thought was the transmission ratio) As far as I knew the front/center/rear diffs used the same gears in all 3 diffs so the internal ratio should be the same reading and should read something like 4.30:1. (which is RC8) And I think the Losi eight 2.0 is 3.30:1. So I'm wanting to know what the DNX408's internal diff ratio is.
Well steve, if you divide 43 by 13 you get 3.30769
shanef is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 03:18 AM
  #4123  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (42)
 
autocadsteve197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Queensland, Australia, Earth, Galaxy, Universe, A Childs Sandpit
Posts: 937
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by shanef
Well steve, if you divide 43 by 13 you get 3.30769
Can you please explain where the 43 and 13 numbers came from? Because I know thats not the number of teeth in the diffs of the DNX408.
autocadsteve197 is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 05:24 AM
  #4124  
Tech Master
iTrader: (38)
 
shanef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Qld, Australia
Posts: 1,907
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by autocadsteve197
Can you please explain where the 43 and 13 numbers came from? Because I know thats not the number of teeth in the diffs of the DNX408.
Crown wheel is 43t - http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...al-Ring-Gear-1

Pinion is 13t (count them) - http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...go-Pinion-Gear

They are the same for the front & rear diff's.

For the centre diff, the std spur gear is 48t and std clutch bell is 13t.
shanef is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 06:34 AM
  #4125  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 380
Default

Oh Jesus...
maxflo777 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.