Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 04-09-2011, 11:35 PM
Tech Regular

Hi,

I recently burnt out a motor in my starter box when trying to start my Durango. My own fault for not taking my time and lining up the wheel properly. So I've got myself a new motor thinking I could use the gear from the dead motor (the one the belt goes on) but I can't get the gear off the old motor. There's no grub screw holding the gear on. Kind of looks like it's just wedged on there. Is it possible to get these gears off? Can post pictures if needed. Thanks.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:35 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ratjayfala
Hi,

I recently burnt out a motor in my starter box when trying to start my Durango. My own fault for not taking my time and lining up the wheel properly. So I've got myself a new motor thinking I could use the gear from the dead motor (the one the belt goes on) but I can't get the gear off the old motor. There's no grub screw holding the gear on. Kind of looks like it's just wedged on there. Is it possible to get these gears off? Can post pictures if needed. Thanks.

some pinion's are pressed on and near impossible to remove, I spend a better part of an hour of so trying to remove a pressed on pinion off a losi starter box motor, In the end the pinion was pretty mangled and not really justifiable to use. What starter box are you using ?
Old 04-10-2011, 08:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Integra
some pinion's are pressed on and near impossible to remove, I spend a better part of an hour of so trying to remove a pressed on pinion off a losi starter box motor, In the end the pinion was pretty mangled and not really justifiable to use. What starter box are you using ?
It's an RB. Took a blow torch to the pinion. Still couldn't get the sucker off and also started to tear chunks out of it. If I track down a pinion, do you need a special tool to press it on the motor?
Old 04-10-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mmaattppllaayy
I told you guys it would work. Again whoever came up with the idea that this car likes heavy diff fluid was severely incorrect. And I saw someone post that they though that this was very light compared to what comes in the kit. The 70k and the 20k oils in the kit are actually 7k and 2k for whatever reason durango put 70000 and 20000 on the bottles. Just take one 0 off whatever the durango numbers are.

But with the 2mm mod the 5-5-2 setup is great and should be everyones go to setup if they are having problems. Leave everything stock setup except put the rear link inside 2nd hole from the bottom and run the innermost (shortest) hole on the rear hubs
What is the 2mm mod?

Almost every kit I've had started with 5-5-2 or 5-5-3 so I would like to try that in my Durango.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Adept

Default WARENTLY ?

Today :-( TD have renforced the front and the rear?

Old 04-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Addict

Man! I've wrecked the heck out of mine many times, end over end, you name it. I still haven't done that.
Good luck getting it warrantied.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech Regular

Anyone knows what's the deal with the silver shock caps? Pics from the Silver State:

Maybe prototype parts? Lutz doesn't have them...
Old 04-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

maybe just de-anodized.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

Originally Posted by sugelle
What is the 2mm mod?

Almost every kit I've had started with 5-5-2 or 5-5-3 so I would like to try that in my Durango.
The 2mm mod is where you take 2mm worth of spacers and put them under the rear susp pin holders to raise them 2mm. You do not raise the shock tower though. Look back a few pages there are a million pics of what you need to do.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamDurango
On its first major outing as production spec, the DNX408 proved it had the raw pace and toughness to win the world title. Only bad luck with none chassis related issues put the cars out early.

Everyone has reasons why they did not make it to the main final,
but few can say they topped the lap times 3 rounds out of 6. (see the quote from RedRC)
Few can say they had this pace when the track was slick and also later when it started to rough up.
Few can claim a top two finish for a round at a world champs when taking it easy.
Few can claim zero car related DNF’s for the whole week.
Ryan Lutz driving the all new Team Durango DNX408 for only the third time, can make that claim.

Many people wrote Lutz off before the event, saying things like “it’s too close to the worlds to change car”, but Ryan’s raw talent and the raw pace of the new Durango car were plain to see. For example – Ryan set the third fastest lap time for the whole finals Sunday, only beaten by Tebo and King, not bad for an early morning run.

Durango would like to congratulate everyone who made the final at the toughest RC race ever and especially Cody for an awesome drive by a true Champion. We hope to be there next time round.

The DNX408 is leaving the factory now, sorry for the wait, but we don't use your hard earned cash to test our cars, that's our job.

It's expected to be in the shops, around the world, on the 29th of November and our official kit page should up on team-durango.com soon.

Enjoy,

JasonD
Team Durango
Yeap, it was so fast it didnt even get in the top 5 on the podium
Old 04-10-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Maxthepersonz
take it somewhere else pertinent and useful information only
Old 04-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Schnurf
Today :-( TD have renforced the front and the rear?

i done the same thing to the front end on my first run with the car....
Old 04-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

Silver State track looks rough, will be interesting to see these setups.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Has anyone had issues with the shock bladders being cut by the shock caps? Couple of guys at my track have had this happen a few times. I have ran my 408 yet but wanted to avoid this problem if possible.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Maxthepersonz
You havent got a clue what your talking about. You don't even own an 8th scale buggy so why don't you go get some real experience then maybe people will give a toss about what you say.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.