Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Well the experiment with 5,5,2 was a success! No loose rear!! No torque slide to the left whatsoever! just squat and git! And no rear 2mm mod either. New packed dusty track, starting to groove up but still had it in the loose stuff. Anyone having traction problems give it a try.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Is anyone running a 4 shoe clutch which one ?
JVD-RC!

JVD also make the Ascendancy and Werks that uses the same principle so either of those should do you too....
Old 04-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Kolunatic
Well the experiment with 5,5,2 was a success! No loose rear!! No torque slide to the left whatsoever! just squat and git! And no rear 2mm mod either. New packed dusty track, starting to groove up but still had it in the loose stuff. Anyone having traction problems give it a try.
I must have missed it further back...what is this 5,5,2 you speak of?
Old 04-09-2011, 12:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
How is the brand though? I typically stick with JR or Futaba because I know I am going to get a good servo...some of these newer brands have not been very reliable.

Also...200+oz of torque should be more than enough for steering as well...wouldn't I be better off with both being 1267s?
I'm running two 1267 in mine, and I have a hard time seeing myself change from that.
And you're right that there's plenty of power for steering a buggy.
I have a 1258 in my E buggy, and i'm not that particulary fond of it. It just seems sluggish and not as smooth as the 1267.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:10 AM
Tech Adept

Diff oils.
5000 in front, 5000 in center and 2000 in rear.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:57 AM
Tech Champion

Wow that's really light on the diff oil compared to what the kit comes with. I'll make sure to pick up some 5k and 2k oil in case the stock setup doesn't work at our track.

I found some used servos from a friend at a great price so I went with those for now. I do want to try the Savox though so those will be in the near future. But to start out with these Futabas will do the trick.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I was experiencing the same problem as mostbwith a really loose car and a handful. In fact I was at the point that the car was ready to be packed away, if you recall! Scott Mcbride (Kyle's dad) worked wonders on my car at the nationals - great grip and a joy to drive. The answer was 5,5,2 as well as some other changes. I strongly suggest you try it.

The following is the setup I used at the nationals (diff set up was similar to Kyle - check the duarngo website for his)

Diffs 5,5,1
Shocks 550 fr and rear
Grey springs fr and rear
Toe 0 degree
Camber -2 fr and rear
Ride height 28 fr and 30 rear
14 degree caster block
1 degree rear hub
Camber link rear on outside
Fr and rear camber inner hole on middle
3 x 3 rear toe

Try this is it excellent.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:19 AM
Tech Rookie

I'll be racing at the Neo's end of the month & asking what spares I should bring along?
Old 04-09-2011, 07:28 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

That is true...however some fail more often than others. When I worked at hobby stores we easily had at least 3 times more returns with Hitec servos than any other brand.

There's enough threads of servo popularity to support this claim, When your selling 2-3X as many servo's as any other mfg. More issues will come to light for sheet number reasons. Yes Hitec's can fail, So Can Savox, So can JR and so can ALL the other brands when not treated properly.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
There's enough threads of servo popularity to support this claim, When your selling 2-3X as many servo's as any other mfg. More issues will come to light for sheet number reasons. Yes Hitec's can fail, So Can Savox, So can JR and so can ALL the other brands when not treated properly.
+1... i run mainly JR and had allot failed on me over the years... i run futaba also.. only had 2 fail.. but my futabas were my back up.. does that mean that there are more problems with JR... i just use it more... Hi-tec is by far the most popular servo.. so you'll have more problems come to light...

now back on topic with the DNX
Old 04-09-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Wow that's really light on the diff oil compared to what the kit comes with. I'll make sure to pick up some 5k and 2k oil in case the stock setup doesn't work at our track.

I found some used servos from a friend at a great price so I went with those for now. I do want to try the Savox though so those will be in the near future. But to start out with these Futabas will do the trick.
What comes with the kit is not that much different....Ryan had stated somewhere (forgot where it was) the diff oil labels somehow got an extra "0" on them....so the 70,000wt is really 7,000wt, and so on...hope this helps
Old 04-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

I told you guys it would work. Again whoever came up with the idea that this car likes heavy diff fluid was severely incorrect. And I saw someone post that they though that this was very light compared to what comes in the kit. The 70k and the 20k oils in the kit are actually 7k and 2k for whatever reason durango put 70000 and 20000 on the bottles. Just take one 0 off whatever the durango numbers are.

But with the 2mm mod the 5-5-2 setup is great and should be everyones go to setup if they are having problems. Leave everything stock setup except put the rear link inside 2nd hole from the bottom and run the innermost (shortest) hole on the rear hubs
Old 04-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Tech Champion

So I can leave the rear diff alone and just get 5k for the front and center then...cool!
Old 04-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

So I can leave the rear diff alone and just get 5k for the front and center then...cool!
I would suggest changing all the diff fluids at the same time for consistency purposes.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rpmhobbies
What comes with the kit is not that much different....Ryan had stated somewhere (forgot where it was) the diff oil labels somehow got an extra "0" on them....so the 70,000wt is really 7,000wt, and so on...hope this helps
man i thought i was following this thread good but overlooked that post.i still had some 2000 laying around.
buggy is a blast!! i even took the shocks from my secomd one and put the 600cst that was in kit and put pistons down,just for fun,with green springs.still have traction,no problem.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.