Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:12 PM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

heres some pics of the tank insert

Attachment 723601

Attachment 723602

Attachment 723603
Old 03-20-2011, 01:17 PM
TIX
Tech Master

Here are some pics of the carbon fibre servo tray

Attachment 723017

Attachment 723019

Attachment 723020

Attachment 723021

Be sure to send xtreme RC an email if your interested [email protected]

with enough interest he'll put them into production
Old 03-20-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Poinas2
Maybe you're running them wrong way ? Have you tried to reverse them ?
Which gets me 4 deg toe and which way is 2 deg toe. Nothing in the manual about it, nor durangos site.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

standard way round for the hubs is the lug for the wheel scrapers towards the back (according to manual), so I believe:

for 4 degrees : run 1deg hubs with lug towards back
for 2 degrees : run 1deg hubs with lug towards front

Not put it on setup station to confirm yet though...
Old 03-21-2011, 03:12 AM
Tech Champion

Ran into another few snags with the build...the first is there are several spots where a screw goes through a plastic part then threads into an aluminum part...however they didn't mold the holes big enough for the screw to just slide through so you can cross thread the aluminum if you are not careful or aware of this. I had to clean up one hole with a 3mm tap a bit and was fine...after that I made sure to drill out the plastic so the screws can slide through them and thread into the aluminum.

Also the instructions have great pictures but need some text clarification in a couple places and in others need to change the order of assembly. Most notably in the radio tray assembly as you have to take apart some of the car you had already assembled in previous steps to put the tray in.

lastly is...the 2100mah LiFe pack I bought doesn't fit in the battery box What batteries will fit? Has anyone cut away that part of the battery box and just taped in a bigger battery?
Old 03-21-2011, 06:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Here's some more info on roll center and roll axis. It's all the same info just different methods of coming to the same answer, doesn't matter if it's a Corvette or a RC car, they all have axis and planes the suspension geometry works on.

http://www.miracerros.com/mustang/t_rollcenter.htm

http://www.racing-car-technology.com.au/wgttransex.htm

http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=164318

I ran this whole weekend with the Fisher setup, made some changes from what I ran at PNB and they were very good. I will try to post some more info later on.

Originally Posted by JQ
That picture is wrong. Here is some info on roll centres and roll axis.

http://www.tonyfoale.com/Articles/carstuff/spring.htm

Not that any of that really matters, the point is, how does the car feel different on the track, not, what is the theory behind it.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:16 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Ran into another few snags with the build...the first is there are several spots where a screw goes through a plastic part then threads into an aluminum part...however they didn't mold the holes big enough for the screw to just slide through so you can cross thread the aluminum if you are not careful or aware of this. I had to clean up one hole with a 3mm tap a bit and was fine...after that I made sure to drill out the plastic so the screws can slide through them and thread into the aluminum.

Also the instructions have great pictures but need some text clarification in a couple places and in others need to change the order of assembly. Most notably in the radio tray assembly as you have to take apart some of the car you had already assembled in previous steps to put the tray in.

lastly is...the 2100mah LiFe pack I bought doesn't fit in the battery box What batteries will fit? Has anyone cut away that part of the battery box and just taped in a bigger battery?
The protek stick lipo packs work. I have never ran a life battery. But any Mugen style pack will work too.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:37 AM
Tech Regular

The Protek 1450 mah Life battery fit.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Balancer-Plug
Old 03-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks for the battery suggestions guys! I went back and looked at the pics on Durango's site and one of them has the battery in the car without the plastic box...right now I'm considering running my car that way. remove the plastic box assembly and just mount the reciever on top of the servo and the battery to the radio tray. I'll have to ponder that a bit before making my decision.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Thanks for the battery suggestions guys! I went back and looked at the pics on Durango's site and one of them has the battery in the car without the plastic box...right now I'm considering running my car that way. remove the plastic box assembly and just mount the reciever on top of the servo and the battery to the radio tray. I'll have to ponder that a bit before making my decision.
I have a spot on my battery box that is melted from the header. IDK if I would run it without a box or defiantly use support hanger.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I did the tank insert mod on my own Saturday evening after returning from the track. Tonight I went one further and used a ball end Dremel bit to cut a groove in the outside of the insert and the inside of the tank opening. I then placed a 3/32 or so thick o-ring in the groove on the insert with a bit of grease on the o-ring and slid it into the tank opening. This locked the insert in and also makes a completely clean fill with the gun.The 1st one I did worked ok but if you didn't know the Losi gun will fill faster with the gun fill lid propped open,this 1st mod worked great without the lid propped open but with no o-ring I it would still shoot fuel out the top around the insert and tank opening with the gun lid propped open. I use the fuel bottle cap to hold the lid open. With the 2nd mod with the o-ring I can fill the tank with the gun lid propped open and not loose a drop of fuel.
Sorry I dont have a camera to post some pics but it is not much different than what Tix did except I added an o-ring.
With Derek's Driving style he is usually making one extra stop in the longer mains and anything we can do to save time in the pits really means a lot.

Troy Weatherholt
Old 03-21-2011, 06:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Frank L
I have a spot on my battery box that is melted from the header. IDK if I would run it without a box or defiantly use support hanger.
Good info thanks...will have to check that on my engine/header/pipe combo and see how close it is in my case.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default ....

After driving many new buggies the past few weeks I have decided to run Durango. This past weekend I drove one and I have to say it was amazing. With setup help from the team guys I cant wait to run some races with this car. For some reason my confidence with this car really has me excited about its potential. Great Job Durango!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:35 PM
TIX
Tech Master

That's a great idea with the o-ring. I was going to try an orange but I wanted to run it first. I cut mine pretty tight so I didn't get any leaking but the o-ring is a great idea. I'll have to do that tonight
Old 03-21-2011, 10:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey everyone, we got a new setup for the Durango. Now DNX408 owners can experience the incredible performance, ease of maintenance, and amazing shoe life of the Effortless Clutch System on their Durango.

Check it out on our website... limited initial quantity.

http://www.ascendancyrc.com/Clutch_Kits.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.