Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:40 PM
  #3241  
Tech Master
iTrader: (34)
 
ON A MISSION's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,453
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Integra
Im sure a lot of guys don't want to wait up till 3am to run a qualifier.
I dont think that track design brings the talent with ramps for the jumps, plus cactus is around the corner. Congrats on His win..
ON A MISSION is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 01:44 PM
  #3242  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 115
Exclamation

Anyone from Durango support here ?

I have tried to send you guy's various mails about problems with the Dingo but seems not to be so important since i never had any reply. This makes me wonder if the Dingo was a good choice or not since when there is lack of any reaction from the manufacturer it means we are not been taken serious.

So Durango please respond to my emails and photo's that i have send you.

Greets,

Jerome Grimminck
Pinky@MVW is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 02:09 PM
  #3243  
Tech Adept
 
dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ITALY - Rome
Posts: 185
Default

Originally Posted by Pinky@MVW
Anyone from Durango support here ?

I have tried to send you guy's various mails about problems with the Dingo but seems not to be so important since i never had any reply. This makes me wonder if the Dingo was a good choice or not since when there is lack of any reaction from the manufacturer it means we are not been taken serious.

So Durango please respond to my emails and photo's that i have send you.

Greets,

Jerome Grimminck
I had problems with my broken durango, but lutz and Team Durango immediately intervened, great assistance!
dark is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 02:19 PM
  #3244  
Tech Adept
 
Huleboer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Horsens, Denmark
Posts: 217
Default

Originally Posted by Pinky@MVW
Anyone from Durango support here ?

I have tried to send you guy's various mails about problems with the Dingo but seems not to be so important since i never had any reply. This makes me wonder if the Dingo was a good choice or not since when there is lack of any reaction from the manufacturer it means we are not been taken serious.

So Durango please respond to my emails and photo's that i have send you.

Greets,

Jerome Grimminck
What kind of problems are you experiencing?
Huleboer is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 02:25 PM
  #3245  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (31)
 
offroad dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,075
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Pinky@MVW
Anyone from Durango support here ?

I have tried to send you guy's various mails about problems with the Dingo but seems not to be so important since i never had any reply. This makes me wonder if the Dingo was a good choice or not since when there is lack of any reaction from the manufacturer it means we are not been taken serious.

So Durango please respond to my emails and photo's that i have send you.

Greets,

Jerome Grimminck
The funny part of all this is Team Durango was on this site daily when the car was introduced then all of a sudden they disappeared. I by no means bashing them but if it wasn't for Lutz and a couple other guys on this site I feel a lot of people would not purchase this car. Just my $0.02...
offroad dude is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 02:52 PM
  #3246  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 380
Default



I personally think a company does not need to do a thing. I see other companies not doing it and no body is crying,

Losi with diff cases
Xray with drivetrain issues
Hotbodies...
Mugen..
Kyosho..
JQ..

and so on, who cares man, fix it and move on

If they do it, well, cool, but to say that my car broke - i.e. I broke my car - (by the way, in the absolutely brutal environment that we put them to operate) and the company needs to give me free parts to fix it like if it where a warranty its totally incredible.

I remember (not so?) long ago if a car had a troubling part people just got an aftermarket upgrade or something and that was it, (and there where good aftermarket companies for that same reason, many became full blown companies like HPI/Hotbodies) to the track with your favorite ride!, these days if a car looses a screw is a piece of crap and I should of bought a different one.

xe
maxflo777 is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 03:04 PM
  #3247  
Tech Adept
 
dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ITALY - Rome
Posts: 185
Default

Originally Posted by offroad dude
The funny part of all this is Team Durango was on this site daily when the car was introduced then all of a sudden they disappeared. I by no means bashing them but if it wasn't for Lutz and a couple other guys on this site I feel a lot of people would not purchase this car. Just my $0.02...
stop, stop, Team Durango has not disappeared, he is busy with this topic http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...y-finally.html, though, you can use the pm Team Durango
dark is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 03:08 PM
  #3248  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (86)
 
bigjayjay1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,605
Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by maxflo777


I personally think a company does not need to do a thing. I see other companies not doing it and no body is crying,

Losi with diff cases
Xray with drivetrain issues
Hotbodies...
Mugen..
Kyosho..
JQ..

and so on, who cares man, fix it and move on

If they do it, well, cool, but to say that my car broke - i.e. I broke my car - (by the way, in the absolutely brutal environment that we put them to operate) and the company needs to give me free parts to fix it like if it where a warranty its totally incredible.

I remember (not so?) long ago if a car had a troubling part people just got an aftermarket upgrade or something and that was it, (and there where good aftermarket companies for that same reason, many became full blown companies like HPI/Hotbodies) to the track with your favorite ride!, these days if a car looses a screw is a piece of crap and I should of bought a different one.

xe
I agree but maybe his issue is with his build or a part issue. These kits break but if its a manufacture issue or problem it should be addressed its called customer support
bigjayjay1 is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 03:09 PM
  #3249  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 115
Default

And what if things are breaking without any cause ie an design error ?

I will not go into details as i would first discuss it with durango since it might be an incident as the other dingo's on our track but also my second dingo did not had this problem.

And there where brands that had problems and solved it for their customers like JQ, Serpent etc etc. Also Durango is sometimes replacing parts since we had some guy's with their center axes snapped and they where replaced.
Pinky@MVW is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 03:11 PM
  #3250  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (86)
 
bigjayjay1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,605
Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Pinky@MVW
Anyone from Durango support here ?

I have tried to send you guy's various mails about problems with the Dingo but seems not to be so important since i never had any reply. This makes me wonder if the Dingo was a good choice or not since when there is lack of any reaction from the manufacturer it means we are not been taken serious.

So Durango please respond to my emails and photo's that i have send you.

Greets,

Jerome Grimminck
Jerome you should go to Ryan's website probably spends more time there never saw but remember someone saying he has one.
bigjayjay1 is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 03:14 PM
  #3251  
Tech Adept
 
dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ITALY - Rome
Posts: 185
Default

Originally Posted by Pinky@MVW
And there where brands that had problems and solved it for their customers like JQ, Serpent etc etc. Also Durango is sometimes replacing parts since we had some guy's with their center axes snapped and they where replaced.
I had replaced the parts directly from taiwan in a few days through UPS tnx Durango
dark is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 03:23 PM
  #3252  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (35)
 
mmaattppllaayy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 836
Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Default

What shock oil is everyone using? I used 40fr 35rr thinking of trying 37.5fr and 32.5rr. Its a hair looser than I want it. Will that help it? I mean its almost dialed in just need a hair more traction.
mmaattppllaayy is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 04:37 PM
  #3253  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
nitrozilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 283
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ON A MISSION
I dont think that track design brings the talent with ramps for the jumps, plus cactus is around the corner. Congrats on His win..
i think there was a lot of talented drivers there. i was just wondering why Tebo , mayfeild, cav and some of the others who are were not there. I have not been in the hobby for all that long so was not sure how political these races and events are.

whats wrong with them using ramps?? are you saying that they are to good for ramps??
nitrozilla is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 04:40 PM
  #3254  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (18)
 
GarrettMcKamie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chattanooga Tennessee
Posts: 329
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default lutz

Awesome runs this weekend Ryan. Every time you put the Durango on the track your car looked better. I had fun in the truggy main racing with you. The blacked out strr was rollin! Haha. Your the man!
GarrettMcKamie is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 04:45 PM
  #3255  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Glasgow, W.V.
Posts: 84
Default

Me and my buddy races the Durango and we have been testing the buggy almost every weekend and found that going lower on the shock oil makes the buggy transfer weight forward and back faster the softer we went. I dont think that you would like it if its already loose for you. I have 35 front and 30 rear with the smaller pistons and it transfers weight very quick which is what is needed on our indoor technical track. We went to softer sway bars (2.4) on both ends and it felt like it gave the car more traction both on and off throttle. Hope this helps.
CONNARD is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.