Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:00 PM
Jms
Tech Rookie

They fit because I changed the td diff case to losi diff case the td diff where
Leaking. The only difference is the bearings
I was wondering how they would run.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mmaattppllaayy
out of all the threads for all the cars i am following this one has the most whinny and complaining people I have ever seen in my life. Get it together people. Just drive the thing and ask questions about setups or give useful info. Go do your bitching and bickering elsewhere. Maybe I should start a new thread for all you guys where you can do that. STAY ON TOPIC
Yes boss. Will do boss.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Default http://www.acetechnologies.co

Established in 2004, Ace Engineering Technologies is one of the leading manufacturers and service providers of Cranes and Material Handling Equipments. We design, manufacture and install quality Crane and Materials Lifting Equipments including Single Girder overhead travelling Cranes, Double Girder overhead travelling Cranes, Grab Machinery, Gantry and Goliath Cranes, Jib Cranes, EOT Crane, Electric Wire Rope Hoists, Cage Lifts, Monorails, Winches and related equipments for all types of industries.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Frank L
Im pretty much running it stock with a few spring and shock oil changes. I like the car it is very good to me. The only difficult thing was the throttle linkage but once its dialed its good. I am using mugen clutch springs the TD clutch springs are too stiff and the blue springs in the kit need to be tossed, IDK where they came from but they are all wrong.
Thanks a lot Frank!!
Old 03-09-2011, 01:38 AM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

has anyone had issues with the throttle servo over heating
mine started to glitch on the weekend towards the end of the heats. i had thermal tape between them and spaced it up off the chassis and still had the problem.
im going to make a new radio tray out of carbon fibre instead of the aluminium peice that is supplied. hopefully the carbon will displace the heat better than the aluminium
im also thinking of moving the receiver somewhere else and cutting the top off the radio tray to allow more airflow around the servo
Old 03-09-2011, 02:41 AM
Tech Regular

Found that the rear center drive shaft rubs on the radio box (where the receiver goes). Anyone else had this problem?
Old 03-09-2011, 02:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ratjayfala
Found that the rear center drive shaft rubs on the radio box (where the receiver goes). Anyone else had this problem?
Yes, mine is showing wear where it's rubbing. I'm thinking of heating box and pushing it in. I'm going to try " displacement" before cutting.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kolunatic
Yes, mine is showing wear where it's rubbing. I'm thinking of heating box and pushing it in. I'm going to try " displacement" before cutting.
Sounds like a good idea. I read a few posts back that someone broke a drive shaft through what looked to me to be rubbing. Don't want to have the same problem
Old 03-09-2011, 03:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ratjayfala
Sounds like a good idea. I read a few posts back that someone broke a drive shaft through what looked to me to be rubbing. Don't want to have the same problem
Yea I remember that post and asked what it was rubbing on. He obviously had more track time than me. While working on box I might see about giving more cooling to servo. But I like how clean the rx box stays. I don't like my rx getting dirty so may have to cover it. Spacing box off servo, more venting thru chassis?
Old 03-09-2011, 03:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

any one have try to make the 2 front and rear bulkhead in carbone 5mm tick?
http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD320011

I bent mines(including the chassis bented under the bulkhead, front hinge pin and front suspension mount fr fr and fr rr) after only half gal without big crash...

So i think that replacing the bulkhead by one in carbone remove weight from the car and add flex to remove the possibility to bent the chassis and all alu parts...
Old 03-09-2011, 03:57 AM
Tech Addict

Man that must've been one nasty wreck! Gotta expect damage after wrecking like that. I was tired of flex, that's why I like Durango.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xchange
any one have try to make the 2 front and rear bulkhead in carbone 5mm tick?
http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD320011

I bent mines(including the chassis bented under the bulkhead, front hinge pin and front suspension mount fr fr and fr rr) after only half gal without big crash...

So i think that replacing the bulkhead by one in carbone remove weight from the car and add flex to remove the possibility to bent the chassis and all alu parts...
do yo u have any pics? i have to see this.
that sounds like something really hard to do especially with no real crash. did you bottom out off a huge jump or something??
Old 03-09-2011, 04:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Xchange

how did you do that?
Old 03-09-2011, 05:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

to be honest, i dont know where i does that...Nitro Challenge or during my last week end practice...

I remember that during the NC in AZ 2 weeks ago, i miss few time the double double triple and was at high speed... but it dosent seems that it was bent until i unscrewed alls parts and checked on a plane surface.

But to be honest, i did'nt notice that the handling was so changed haha
Old 03-09-2011, 05:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TIX
has anyone had issues with the throttle servo over heating
mine started to glitch on the weekend towards the end of the heats. i had thermal tape between them and spaced it up off the chassis and still had the problem.
im going to make a new radio tray out of carbon fibre instead of the aluminium peice that is supplied. hopefully the carbon will displace the heat better than the aluminium
im also thinking of moving the receiver somewhere else and cutting the top off the radio tray to allow more airflow around the servo
Carbon fiber does not displace heat like aluminum does. It would only make it worse.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.